The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Adventures In ToonWorld

Nick22 · 5647 · 275417

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
9that would only be one point in a game. a tennis game requires four points to win..)
 the score is fifteen -love in favor of Glacia' stripetail said.  move to the other side of the serving area. ' ou need for points in each game to win..
- On the Other court, Cindy served to Dixie
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The tennis match proved to be exciting and furious... well, as far as tennis went. Both sides played not only a battle of physical skill, but one of wits and some other fancy stuff.

Glacia became more and more annoyed by the way the mutt snickered whenever he won a game, or she made a fault. It made her angry, more than Incendia could ever muster... though that was fair, he was her brother. Muttley was a stranger to Glacia, a very annoying and deceitful one, mind you.

He also made line calls that were obviously in her favor. Striptail would announce this, but Muttley would still argue with both. She guessed that he was playing mind games with her, but could the little rascal really be that clever? She had to doubt it.

The first set fell into Glacia's hands, mostly through a cool head near the end. 'Just hit the ball,' she said to herself. 'No fancy tricks, no skillful maneuvers, just let Muttley make the mistakes.'

At the announcement of Glacia winning the first set, Muttley was more than a little annoyed. He grumbled something along the lines of 'Sassafrassarassum Gracia,' before tossing his racquet aside.

Glacia was a little more sporting. 'I won the set? I won the set?! Woohoo! In your face Muttley!'

Or not...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
muttley started playing harder in the second set and turned up the heat. he broke glacias serve, and stood at 5-4 in the second, if he won this game, we worce force a ecisiize third set
 on court two, dixie and cindy were tied at 5 apiece, with both struggling to get thier serves in. dixie was now serving up 30-15
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Droopy watched the 2 tennis matches as best as he could.  "Interesting matches." Droopy said.

"And best of all no commercials, like those on tv have to watch." Wally said.  

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Muttley took the second game. it was a good fight, Glacia thought, all things considered. What was a victory without the challenge? Still, she had to get the victory first.

When he had taken the game, Muttley just pointed and laughed in that strange snickering manner of his, a far cry from how he had acted the previous game...

'Oh, shoosh you big ninny,' Glacia said, trying not to look too frustrated with herself. What would everyone else think if the stranger from beyond lost against a big hairy dog... thing? Not a lot, possibly.

Incendia wasn't paying much attention. Not that it was a big surprise or anything, but it was certainly better than him running off and doing something stupidly dangerous and awesome. Sports events bored him, that also wasn't a big surprise. Considering the little orange dragon was more content to watch some guy on the opposite side of the stadium pick his nose rather than the actual match was a testament to how his mind worked. In other words, very strangely.

Glacia was more interested in the match, for sure... since she was playing in it. The score was tied, last match, sweat pouring down her face, exausted. She wouldn't have it any other way. 'Bring it on,' she said, waving her racquet, a devilish smile upon her face.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
as you wish' muttley said and serrved the ball hard, as the set progress both held serve, until it was incedia turn to serve down 5-4. if she lost the game, the match would be over.
- OPn the second court. dixie had won the first set in a tiebreaker, but was now trailing 4-2 on serve..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Glacia had that look of determination in her eyes now. She raised her striking hand, and brought the racquet down upon the ball with all her might and fury and stuff.

In order to prevent myself from turning this into some sort of horrific prose/overly narrated action sequence (featuring a montage, bullet time, and a musical dance number halfway through), we'll cut to the chase.

Both sides had everything to fight for, but finally it was Muttley who made the mistake of putting the ball into the net, which is bad. This made him grumble, a lot.

Glacia just stood there. 'Um, did I win?' She wasn't sure. This whole time she wasn't too sure of what was going on. it was if her mind had really been on the ball, so to speak.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we're in a tiebreaker now..' muttley grumbled. ' first one to seven points wins the match..
- Scooby and Dixie prepared to take the court. they would play on court 3..  droopy would play the dread baron on court four.
 meanwhile dixie rallied to force a tiebreaker..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Droopy, Gary, and Wally continued to watch from where the team would be to watch the matches.  They took turns cheering on Glacia.  

---

Jason was looking at the match with his friend when he got a call.  He put his cell phone to his ear and answered the call.  

"ah, Dinosorceress, how are things?" he said into the cellphone.  No, I'm way from my tardis, watching a olympics match."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
just a moment muttley  glacia.. we've met before haven't we.. as i recall you and you're brother assisted me with that dragonstorm business a few months ago.. is incedia still a hopeless troublemaker? " he chuckled slightly.. ' forgive me for not recognizing you sooner i I'm just getting old I supposere..
- Are you finished wi.. yah' muttley founding himself floating upside down..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Glacia looked up at Muttley, poking him in the chest as he floated in the air. 'Hmm, that doesn't happen very often, must be your attitude,' she said. 'And yes, we were involved in that ugly business... though I try not to think about it. It wasn't pleasant for any of us, ESPECIALLY my brother. Now, mister Muttley, I'm here to play a nice game of tennis... so shall we?'

She walked back to her side of the court, passing a quick glance over to Stripetail... with a wry grin.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stripetail gestured and Muttley fell  hard on his face. He slowly got to his feet muttering undr his breath " You may Continue..
_ On Court 2 Dixie had managed to beat Cindy in a tiebreaker and the two shook hands " Nice match" Cindy said wiping some sweat on her brow.. ' well it was really close but i'll take the win ' Scooby and Yogi are about to start play..
- The Dread Baron strode to the side of the net opposite Droopy " REady ytto lose?' He sneered.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Droopy looked at the Dread Baron with his usual calm face, "The future of who will win is not yet decided." Droopy said to the Dread Baron.  

Wally scratched his head, not sure what Droopy had said.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We'll nknow in a few hours and it will be me!
 Donald who was judging the court interrupted " Mister Droopy will serve first.."
Very Well.. lets begin.." the baron replied grimly
- Nice game Cindy.. real close.. still we got 50 points out of it' Yogi said Now I'll just have to beat old scoob here to even the score " Yogi grinned
_ Rot rif Ri rave ro ray ranyring arout rt Rogi' Scooby responded, his wifes victory in the match giving him confidence..
 Dixie gave him a quick nuzzle as he headed on to the court she would play Muttley the next day and Glacia the day after that
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thus the final game between Muttley and Glacia began. Once again it was pretty close... okay, not really.

Glacia was more than happy to put an end to Muttleys smugness with a few good plays. Enough to carry her to the end with a 7-5 victory over her opponent. This was in turn, enough to get her mood up, and make her dance about in her... uh... weird manner.

When everyone had stopped staring at her, she sighed and said, 'hey, if I wanna dance, I'll dance.'

'Can I dance too?' Came a voice from the crowd, clearly Incendia.

'Good heavens, no!'

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Droopy held the ball and threw it up before serving it to the Dread Baron's part of the court.

Wally and Gary cheered Droopy on.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the droopy dawgs win the match thats 100 points for the droopy dawhgs the scores right now are, the scooby doobies and droopy dawggs with 100 points each, the yogi tahooeys and really rottens with 50 points each..' Stripetail said as a floating orb updated the scores. dixie will play muttley tomorrow, and glacia will play cindy..
 the dread baron muttered as he hit the return long.. '  get it together baron' he hissed , his thin mustache twitching..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Incendia was quick to hear his voice being announce. much like a dog being called, he hopped up from his seat and glanced around wide eyed. 'What, me?'

He wondered down to where Glacia was, wiping sweat off her face with a towel and sitting upon a small bench.

She looked up to her brother. 'You know, Incendia, this makes for a nice change as opposed to the life threatening situations we typically find ourselves in.'

'Did you win?.'

'Yes, that's right. Next, I am to play against Cindy.'

'You are?'

She nodded. 'Yes. You need to pay more attention to the world around you.'

'I do try.'

'I know, I know. You're going to need some practice, brother, since I don't recall you having ever playing tennis. When it comes around to your turn, you're gonna be in trouble.'

'I've got plenty of practice, sis. I've played scrabble.'

Glacia sighed. 'It's not the same.'

'What about connect four?'

'No.'

'Boggle?'

'No...'

Incendia scratched his head. 'Call of Duty?'

'No!'

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
doubles play will start tomorrow' stripetail announced ' teams pick the pairing you want to send out..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Droopy ran and jumped, managing to return the ball.