The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A Sci-Fi Roleplay

MrDrake · 357 · 24928

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zoe seemed to go quiet at first before she spoke again "Yeah, I'll stay and protect Whisper for you" she told Raiven.

Firefly started to slowly make her way through the giant war ship, having a glance around as well.  It was rather big to navigate and was easy to get lost upon it as well.

She silently killed whatever Kre'Iax were around as to not raise an alarm at the moment.  She was to find the reactor room first as she had a bomb in her suit that she would use to destroy it, hopefully to cause some damage to it as well.

Meanwhile, Zarcon had the President of the United States of America on a screen "Well now, if it isn't the President of this wasteland....how goes all?"

"You are in direct violation of many laws, your little sweet talk wont work, the army will mak quick work of your war ship" the President told Zarcon back rather angrily.

"Your army? Ah yes, the infamous Earth army that others fear, oh so much" Zarcon replied with a chuckle "Too bad I'm not one to fear their insignifigent weaponary, so to make this short, surrender the White House over to me, or face dire consequences"

"The White House? We will not surrender to the likes of you" the President then told Zarcon before someone spoke to him as the President gave a nod back and spoke to Zarcon once more "We will fight you off with whatever it is we have" and with that, he hung up on the alien warlord.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The police vessel landed on top of the front lawn of the house, crushing a garden gnome... and ruining a flowerbed.

Raiven hopped out of a hatch and made his way up the stairs of the front porch. He was then hit in the face by the front door as it swung open.

'Dad?' Spoke a girl from just inside.

'Ow, I think you just broke my nose.'

'Kids...' Isodor said from inside the ship, adding a little chuckle.

Whisper wrapped her arms around her father. She was wearing a camo green shirt and pair of pants. She had long, light brown hair and dark eyes. Interestingly, he face was somewhat marred by streaks of black oil and grease... and not to mention her clothes were dirtied and torn in some places.

'I heard the news as I was working on my car,' she said to explain. I was going to call you, but the phone lines are absolutely clogged... but I knew you'd come for me, dad.'

She then looked up at him, tilting her head. 'So, what are you doing?'

'Top secret business, Whisp, I'm afraid. I want you to stay here with a friend of mine. You can look after each other, I'm certain you'll be safe as long-'

'To hell with that,' she said. She ran back into the house, leaving Raiven to stand there in silence.

A short while later he was back on the ship. Isodor turned around to witness Whisper coming aboard, as well. Isodor just laughed... 'Not very good at stopping her, are we Rai?'

'Oh be quiet,' Raiven said, going to sulk over in the corner.

Whisper carried a very big gun. It looked like a lasrifle, but with a long cord running into a backpack which seemed to be some sort of battery. It was a hellgun, a significantly more powerful version of a lasrifle... and it belonged to Whisper.

She was twenty two years old... and was a private in the army.

'Private Whisper reporting for duty, and ready to kick some ass,' she said.

'Like father like daughter,' Isodor said with a sigh.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(Oh noes! Not the gnome! He was my friend! :lol:)

Zoe looked over to Whisper "Um hi, I'm Zoe" she told her "I'm a friend of Raiven's and Isoder....and Firefly as well" she added on as she just sat there.

Although, she looked over to Raiven as well "Um, by the way, does the President know we're coming?" she asked him.

Meanwhile, Firefly continued to navigate the ship still, she was still after the reactor at the moment.  And that's when she saw it, it was huge and pulsing with energy, rather massive actually, and it was only one out of ten of them in the same room "Hmm, this is going to be much more difficult than what I had first anticipated.....I just hope my bomb will be enough to take out all ten" she said as she bought it out.

The bomb was packed with C4 explosives, then again, she did get it from the Black Market as she got an idea and took out her only energy cell and stuck it onto the bomb before arming it, pushing her mask up in the process.

Her suit may be offline now, but she knew that her energy cell had quite a bit of power in it, it was like a mini-nuke itself.  The bomb was set, half an hour was all it had before it would be set off....she had to hurry now.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Raiven faced Zoe, and chuckled. 'Probably not, but chances are good he has a lot of other things on his mind at the moment.' Then, he looked over to Whisper. 'Could you stop waving that damn thing about?'

Whisper lowered her hellgun. 'Sorry, dad, I'm just a little excited.'

'You're not coming in with us, you realise?'

'Says who?'

'Says your father, that's who.'

'Nice one, Rai,' Isodor said sarcastically.

Raiven faced Isodor briefly with a frown. 'I mean it, just because you're in the army doesn't make you a part of this.'

'I'm old enough to look after myself, dad.'

'But are you old enough to face the reality of war?'

She looked up to him silently.

'This isn't a wargame, Whisp. We're about to face a real threat, we could be seriously hurt... or killed!'

Whisper sat down in one of the seats, and muttered something under her breath.

'What was that?' Raiven asked.

'So i have to sit in this ship, and wait while my father risks his life, huh?'

'I don't want you to get hurt, or killed, Whisp.'

'You mean like mother?'

Silence filled the ship, except for the hum of the engine and the whirl of the wind under the wings. Raiven pursed his lips, and looked about the ship at the others.

'I'm not a little kid anymore, dad. It's about time you realised that.'

Raiven let out a sigh. 'Fine, fine. You can come with us.'

Isodor chuckled. 'You're too easy, Rai.'

Whisper just smiled. 'Thanks dad, I won't let you down.' She hoisted her gun across her shoulder.

The White House was not far away, spotlights hung in the distance over a cloud of smoke.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Sir, they're here" one of the President's bodyguards told him.

The President gave a nod back "Thank you, bring them in here once the ship has landed"

"Right away sir" replied the bodyguard as he walked out of the room to the landing pad as someone else waved lights at them in order to show that they were actually allowed to land there.

Back upon the war ship however, Firefly continued to rush through it, killing every Kre'Iax she could come across before she had finally made it to the war ship's bridge "Zarcon!" she called out.

Zarcon only gave off a chuckle upon hearing Firefly's voice "My, took your time to find me didn't you?" he asked as he continued to watch the computer screens.

"It's over Zarcon, a dead end, you're not going to be able to get to the President, you've lost" Firefly told Zarcon as she approached him.

Zarcon just continued to chuckle some more "Oh no my Xeroxion, I haven't lost just yet, the White House will be taken down"

"Tough talk for someone who retreated from our previous fight" Firefly spoke back rather angrily.

Zarcon smirked back at Firefly as he finally turned to face her "Oh no, I would've gladly continued our little fight of ours, but sadly, I had a schedule to keep to"

Firefly just glared to him as Zarcon started to step forward towards her before walking around her, more or less just circling her "But now, I take it you wish to attempt to kill me once again? Very well then, but I can assure you, I wont be dying" and without any warning, her turned and slammed the palm of his hand into Firefly's stomach before charging at her, grabbing her and slamming her right into a wall.

Zarcon wasn't even going to let up either as he grabbed Firefly by the neck, lifting her over himself and into the ground before grabbing her by the feet and lifting her off the ground and slammed her back into the wall "So come on Xeroxion, fight me!" he seemed to order to Firefly as he stepped backwards.

Firefly got up and wipped her mouth from the blood that was drawn already. He was strong, it seemed like he was holding back when he was down on Earth facing her last time as she just looked at him.

"Or what's the matter? Am I actually too good for you? Can't you beat me?" he seemed to laugh as he cricked his knuckles with a grin upon his face.

Firefly swung and was now exchanging moves with Zarcon, he was blocking her moves whilst she in turn, was blocking his moves, both in unarmed combat as well, Zarcon being well aware that his war ship had a bomb planted on it "Oh, and I should mention too, this will be finished before those 30 minutes are up, I wont be here when this ship blows, I shall assure you of that"

Firefly was taken by suprise that Zarcon knew that she had set up the bomb on board the ship before shaking her head as she continued to try and attack Zarcon still.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
'They... they were expecting us?' Raiven asked to no-one in particular.

'Hey, it certainly made things easier for me,' Isodor said as he hopped out the side hatch, reaching out with a hand to help Whisper out... who was, in turn, holding Zoe's hand.

'Right this way,' the bodyguard said as soon as they were out. He gestured down towards the White House itself, a few yards from the land pad.

'What, not even a hello? How do you do?' Raiven seemed only mildly annoyed by his punctuality, but followed anyway.

'Wow, I'm pretty excited. I've never had the chance to meet the president before,' Whisper said with the excitement in her voice not hard to notice. She ran ahead of the other, looking quite confident for a young lady.

'That girl... sometimes,' Raiven said to Isodot, shaking his head slightly.

'Lighten up, Rai. We're meeting with the president, not fighting a war.'

Raiven merely sighed. Not right now, he thought.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zoe looked around "Wow, I've never seen the White House before, well, not up close like this, nor have I even met the President before"

Once the group were shown to the President, he spoke directly to the lot of them, especially Raiven "I've heard a great deal about you, you're the one that had managed to capture that slaver....Firefly wasn't it?" he asked his bodyguard who in turn nodded back "Which is why I was hoping that I would be able to speak to you personally about this war that's going on"

Zoe was just standing there, she wanted to say something to the President, but only silence came from her, she was just too frightened to say something, in case it was out of line for the President.

Meanwhile, back upon the war ship, Firefly was getting beaten by Zarcon, whom was kicking her backwards "Is this all you actually have to offer me? I must say, I am rather dissapointed"

Firefly was breathing rather heavily at that point, now on her hands and knees, she didn't expect Zarcon to be this good as she spat out some more blood onto the ground before looking up at the alien warlord, not sure on what to actually do now as Zarcon.

Zarcon slammed a foot down onto her, holding it on her head as he chuckled to her as well "You honestly believed that you could actualy defeat me? You should've given up when you had the chance.....however, regardless of that, you still would've died, one way or another....."

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
'As much as I know about what's going on, that is,' Raiven replied honestly. He himself was in the dark about the matter, except with the matter revolving around Firefly and Zarcon. Still, he was talking to the president of the United States.

'I'll answer any questions you wish to ask me, sir,' Raiven said. 'In private or otherwise, as you so desire.'

Isodor rolled his eyes, 'you get all the fun.'

Whisper's attention had been fixed by the long line of paintings and photos along the office wall. All of the presidents from the first to the current. It made for quite the sight to witness how far humanity had come in some aspects.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zoe continued to look at the President befoe looking to Raiven again.

"Do you have any idea on who this alien is by any chance? He refuses to give any names, all we know is that he is of Kre'Iax race" the President told Raiven mainly.

Back upon the ship, the time nearing the bomb's explosion wasn't too far away, only a couple of minutes remaining as Firefly was beaten around still before she was left alone, Zarcon just standing over her with a grin upon his face "Such a shame really...." he spoke as he looked to his claws "I've given you so much time, and you haven't been able to best me....and they say you were the best of your kind"

Firefly only glared at Zarcon as she attempted to get up, only to be kicked back down by Zarcon again.

The bomb was only minutes from exploding as Zarcon turned "I would love to stay and chat some more, but I have a date with destiny" he spoke to her as he contacted another one of his ships.

"We're not done here..." Firefly spoke, breathing rather heavily as she stood up once more, well, before falling down to her knees again.

Zarcon just chuckled back as he seemed to vanish off the ship.  He had been beamed upon one of his other war ships floating around in space.

Firefly just clutched her fists, as Zarcon had escaped once more.  She stood up once more....she had to get off the ship now, there wasn't much time left, limping off to find the escape pods available.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Indeed, Raiven knew the aliens name. Firefly had told him, though in the eyes of the president, she was no doubt a fugitive... as she was with the police, having escaped a police headquarters and all that. 'Zarcon, his name is Zarcon. He seemed to regard us in a very punitive manner, and... at least from what I gathered from his demeanor... was intent on nothing more than our complete and utter destruction.'

There was a chuckle from behind them. 'Heh, wouldn't be the first to try,' Whisper said from the back of the room, still working her way through the line of presidents across the office. 'Hey, this one is black, that's pretty cool.'

Raiven ignored her, still focused on the important man before him. 'There is someone who could help us further on the matter,' Raiven continued. He looked about the room, at the others, but also the bodyguards. 'I would like to speak to you in private, if it were possible, as the matters are somewhat, private... but she could help us.' He was referring to Firefly, and what she might know about the enemy humanity faced. He needed to sort out this issue with her being a criminal... and he just so happened to be face to face with the man who could fix that.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The President looked at Raiven for a long hard second before he looked to his bodyguards and nodded to them.

His bodyguards proceeded in getting everyone else out of the room, leaving only Raiven and the President there "Now, what do you wish to speak to me about?" he asked him at that point.

Zoe however, decided to walk back outside again to have another look at the giant warship that was floating above Russia still, giving off a sigh.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
'It's about this criminal I hunted down,' Raiven began, glancing about the now empty room before fixing his eyes on the president. 'Her name is V... Firefly. She is not truly a criminal, but a bounty hunter caught in a bit of a mix up...'

Raiven proceeded to explain, as best he could, the whole situation at the police station, and how it had devolved into a chase just before the invasion.

'I don't know why she did it, perhaps out of some sort of sympathy... but all I know is now she is a fugitive. However, she knows things about these aliens, and has had things done to her by them. If there is anyone on this planet who could help us at this present time, it would be her.'

'So all that I ask is for her to be pardoned, so we can bring her in under peaceful intent.'

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The President listened in on what Raiven had to tell him before he leaned back in his chair "Well, if she is able to help out with this alien invasion we have going on, then yes, I will allow her a pardon, because quite frankly, we can use all the help we can get" he told Raiven, understanding the situation Firefly was in as well.

He then thought for a second "I do have a request for you as well, I have three robots that could prove to be rather useful, and if you are going after this alien menace, then I would like you to take them along with you as well, Alpha, Delta and Omega" the President added on, calling fourth the three robots.

Zoe continued to look at the ship still, glancing over at Whisper as well "Do you think she'll be alright up there?" she asked her, not really knowing that Whisper wouldn't have a clue on what she was talking about either.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
From far away, in three silos, the robots Alpha, Delta, and Omega prepared to launch. These were androids created to serve the greater good of the universe. Made by a group of scientists and engineers known as the Ecclesia, they were to be the first of a long series of Guardian-Series androids. Alas, the funding was cut, and these three prototypes were all that was developed.

All three of them had superhuman strength, the ability to fly, exterior white-colored armor made out of composite materials with depleted uranium shielding underneath the outer shell, a jetpack with wings to enable flight, and the ability to project lasers from turrets in the hands. Each robot had its own "personality", yet no true emotions. Each robot did have its own outlook on life, or whatever existence an android leads. Shaped like a human wearing a suit of armor, standing 2.3 meters tall, and outfitted with sensors all over its body, the Guardians were more than slightly intimating.

Alpha had red markings on his white armor, Delta had blue markings, Omega had green markings. Each robot communicated with the other by means of tachyon transmission, a new and powerful way of sending information quickly. They rarely used speech, preferring to communicate by means of numbers and images, when necessary. When speech was needed, they would use speakers located in their helms. Each of them had a large black visor on its head. This was unnecessary, in the strictest sense, but giving the Guardians a discernible head was useful when convincing the general public of their mission; a headless or totally faceless creation would be disconcerting to many.

"Alpha Guardian, online"

"Delta Guardian, online"

"Omega Guardian, online"

The three androids took off from their opened silos, and using their jetbacks and retractable wings, were soon flying off in the direction of the president.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Whisper did indeed have little idea of what Zoe was talking about in regards to Firefly. However, she merely nodded along. Considering how this day was going so far, there was obviously someone important aboard that ship... at least, that is what she gathered.

'Yes, I do believe she will be,' Whisper replied, though she had no idea. If there was someone aboard that ship, Whisper would have to meet her... she must be a real badass to be running around one of those things.

Inside the White House, Raiven awaited the arrival of these "robots" with some enthusiasm. His general oppinion of machines was rather poor, but that mostly had to do with the fact that in his workline, all of his comrades were living, breathing beings. The idea of a ghost in a shell made him shiver somewhat. Of course, they did need all the help they could get, so he would put aside any prejudices... at least until he has actually met these machines.

Isodor, meanwhile, had fallen asleep on the couch just outside of the office door. he mumbled something about dinosaurs, which echoed in the empty hallway, and turned in his sleep.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
On the war ship, Firefly had made her way back to the escape pods, only to have the bomb explode, completely obliterating the nuclear reactors in a chain reaction.
Firefly just shook her head "No, not now" she didn't have enough time by the sounds of it to get off the ship, yet, she continued to make her way to where she had blown an entrance to the war ship earlier on.

Once on the edge, she put her mask back on and glanced down, just shaking her head "This is not going to end well....." she muttered to herself as the explosion moved throughout the ship and blew her off the ship, causing her to fall down to Earth.  And since she had taken out her energy cell to help with the explosion, she could not fly and was falling down to Earth.

Meanwhile, Zoe was watching on when she saw the giant war ship explode, giving off a gasp "No! Firefly!" was all she called out, a tear rolling down her sheek as she believed that Firefly was still on board the ship.

She sat down onto the ground and more or less now, just buried her head into her knees, feeling rather upset at the moment.

The President gave a nod to Raiven "They shall be here momentarily" he told Raiven.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Whisper felt odd, not truly reacting to Zoe as she fell to the ground in tears. She didn't know this "Firefly" person. Still, she decided the best thing was to comfort her.

She placed and arm around Zoe, gently as not to startle her. Whisper hardly knew Zoe either, and what she must have gone through... let alone why she reacted to the ship exploding in such a manner. 'Hey, hey, don't cry,' she said. 'Now, how do you even know she was caught in the explosion, hm? You know, she could have easily escaped, since... I'm guessing... she's a bit of a badass. Am I right?'

Whisper thought a little of how she reacted when her mother died. She was very young when it had happened, so her reaction was justified. It was more confusion than tears, a young childs assumption that their parents can't just... disappear. In a way, she could relate... just enough to feel saddened.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zoe looked at Whisper and nodded lightly "Yeah, she was...she was the one who saved me....from remaining a slave" she sniffled some more "She's like....a sister to me...."

That was how Zoe saw Firefly, like a big sister, one who would look out for her hadn't thought of the part that Firefly could've escaped from the ship, as she was only thinking of the negative half of it.  She just continued to look at Whisper still, giving her a little smile too.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
'Heh, sometimes I wish I had a sister,' Whisper said with a chuckle. 'I could only imagine how different things would be for me if I had someone to relate to, big or little. Being an only child sucks, I can tell you that.'

It sucked even more when your father spent all his time at work, but that was the way things had to be when you were trying to make a future for your only child.

Still, Whisper wrapped her arms around Zoe. 'If there's one thing I know about family, it's that they don't leave you behind. Firefly will be back, trust me.'

Inside, Isodor muttered something about cows and catapults in his sleep, confusing a security guard as he walked by.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Really?" Zoe asked looking to Whisper before rubbing her eyes, giving her a smile and decided to then, just give her a hug anyway "Yeah, I guess you are right"

One bodyguard entered the President's office to speak with the President, whispering something into his ear.  The President looked to Raiven "It seems as though that warship that belongs to that Zarcon alien has just been destroyed, and I understand that you're friend was on there as well, one of my bodyguards here overheard your frind Zoe, crying about Firefly"

He paused for a second "However, there have been reports coming in from Russia that they have seen something falling out of the ship, what looks like a metal man of some sort....would that be the Firefly girl you're talking about by any chance?"

Meanwhile, Firefly just continued to fall still, having no control over where she was going, nor how fast she was going for that matter.  However, she was falling towards the ocean....and that's when she hit it, rather hard as well, which in turn, seemed to knock her out cold, or even kill her, however, whether or not she had survived the impact was unknown as she just floated in the water now, floating down to the liquid abyss bellow.