The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Pandora

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
http://www.pandora.com/

Has anyone tried this website?  Basically, it's meant to make a personal radio station based on the song/artist you type in.

Note that if you go free registration, you will get audio ads every so often. (Only by upgrading can you get rid of them, which will cost you $36 a year.)

Now, I tested with one of my most favorite, Backstreet Boys, and I got a number of songs I liked and ones I didn't like.  Luckily, you can set it up and so that you can have the ones you don't like not show up.  So it's not all that bad.

Go ahead.  Try it.  I think you'll be surprised. :)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I use it at times. It's a pretty neat way to listen to other people you never heard before. :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
*Hears "Fat Bottom Girls" by Queen*

Nice! :)

*Hears "That Old Time Rock & Roll"*

Neat! :D

*Hears the Ghostbusters Theme Song*

WTF!?  They have this too!? :o

Awesome! :^.^:

Seriously, out of the thousands of songs, I never would've guessed Pandora to have that one. :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Pandora is a good service if you like randomness to your music based on a certain style or genre.  Pandora is not a good service if you want to hear a particular song (it won't play that song simply because you requested it).  I  haven't used it in a bit, but its been very reliable at picking songs with similar musical qualities. :)