The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Quote Game

Petrie · 1245 · 151494

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
That's it! Tim's got it. Credit goes to him.

But I think TFS is thinking of a different moment.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Man, I hate it when I miss obvious things like that. That is indeed correct. Oh well. My idea is irrelavant now, so action9000, it is your turn. I guess I can't call my question mud brother trivia anymore. (Sigh)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Mud brother trivia? Were the characters supposed to be Mo and Littlefoot?

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes, in 9, when Mo makes Littlefoot a "bubble face" and Cera gets annoyed and stomps off, Littlefoot and Mo say, "What?" Well, action9000 hasn't come here in over two weeks after it was his turn so he must have gotten busy. Also, you did just get my original idea, hint or not. To keep this going LB&T, I think it would be okay if you went next. I thought this topic had lost popularity and was being left alone, like the one above this one. Thank you for brining them both back so I can post in those places again. Later!

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
As I promised previously in this thread, I will tone my responses here down a bit.

In accordance with the guidelines mentioned at the beginning of this topic:
1. It is from The Land Before Time III: The Time of the Great Giving.
2. Kosh spoke the sentence/statement, or if you prefer formalities, it was Mr. Clubtail.
3. The sentence/statement was addessed to Littlefoot's grandfather.

During the scene where the gang, the bullies, and four grownups were ambushed by fastbiters, Littlefoot's grandpa told the children to stay behind him. Shortly afterwards, Kosh/Mr. Clubtail tells Grandpa Longneck to "count us in too!". Now since Topsy/ Mr. Threehorn had already verbally expressed his participation in the protection of the children, I believe the "us" part referrenced only to Kosh himself and Hyp's father. I hope that this is the example that you are thinking of, and if not, I will try again. Later!

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I thought the Lambeosaurus said it, not Kosh. But I'm basing this off of my memory of a movie I haven't watched since last June, so...

You're up, TFS!

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Now hold on a moment, now you've got me worried. I couldn't go next not knowing if I was right or accidentally cheated you. If I kept this game going to find out that the one I saw wasn't Kosh, I would feel terrible. It's just that Kosh is rarely if ever actually called that during any movies so while I did see the dinosaur that said this, perhaps it wasn't Kosh and was really someone else. I won't continue until I can prove if I'm right or if I'm mistaken. You seem to know these characters really well. I just went on youtube. Here is the scene, so you can see if I made an error. Check out 7:43 on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPcMOXsxvHQ&feature=related
Well, what's the verdict?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
One off topic question, is the clubtail ever named? Do they call him Kosh? I never noticed, when do they?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
TFS, I knew Kosh was there, but I just didn't remember which character said the line. But, upon reviewing the video you posted, you're right; the Lambeosaurus isn't even present at the time. either way, you picked out the right moment, so you're entitled to go next.

Malte, His name is given as Kosh in the credits to the TV episode "The Star Day Celebration."

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Alrighty then! Now, I've decided to approach this game the safest way I can. From here on out, when I provide a quote, since I can sometimes be unsure if it was used multiple times or not, I'll just ask for at least one instance that it was used. Sound good? Okay, here is it is:
Oh, that would be nice.
One word of advice: I try to make sure that quotes I provide are word for word, so don't even try
That would be good.
said by Ducky from the episode Cave of Many Voices. I will be available to provide further clues if necessary. Later!

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Leave me alone you little pest!  GET LOST!!!"

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Cera to Dinah and Dana in LBT 6 after they had caused her to fall in the mud.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay, I'm writing this so it is known that I'm aware that my question was responded to here. Due to complicated circumstances, I am unable to check to see if that answer is right tonight. Tomorrow, I will be able to. It's complicated...
So, while that wasn't what I was thinking of, quotes can frequently be in multiple places unbeknownst to the question provider. So when I can check, I will erase the content of this post, and say if this works or not in its stead. Later!
Oh, nevermind, my mistake. I should have looked more closely. I thought the latest post here was responding to my question. I'm glad there is a new one though. Mine must have been too general of a statement to work with. After two months, I should have already known that. Well, please continue. I'll try better here next time. Later!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
To get this thread back going I'll just come up with the next one without confirmation as I'm pretty sure about the answer of the last one.

"carnivore" (the word is used only once in all LBT movies I think).

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Let's see.
The Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock
During the song "The Lone Dinosaur"
Sang by Petrie
Quote: "Whenever times are frightning, he'll be there to fight the
carnivore
."
I do not recall another usage of that word, but I like to answer as intended, so if you are thinking of a different time that term is used, please let me know, and I'll try again. Later!

PS: I know it's supposed to be spelled "frightening," but the e was removed in this song so the word could be pronounced with only two syllables so that it work fit the rhythm better.
Fright/ning instead of fright/en/ing.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah, great! I was pretty sure that was it. So, it's my turn, huh...

But ya can't blame a guy for tryin'.

Now, in order to prevent me from stagnating this game for two months like the last time I tried this, could someone please let me know when I become too general? I'm not very good at finding challenging quotes that use keywords, so I just try to use ones that are very subtle, and won't typically bring a well-known scene to mind. I'm sorry if that makes this too difficult. I can try a different approach if it does. I don't want to be the cause of an inch of dust piling on this thread again.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Like "The Friendly Sharptooth I feel the same way.  Almost everybody knows most of the Lines of LBT and its hard finding ones we don't know.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alright, time to bring this up :).

"Oh, great!  Where are we now?!"