The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

"A New Journey" (based on Watership Down)

Petrie. · 334 · 26865

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Your plan is bold, Mayberry, but not very practical I'm afraid," Arvens said diplomatically to white doe "If this weasel sees us going to attack it, it will probably run away a bit, but can return later to follow us. If it will fight us, we may kill it, but at the same time we would become injured and the blood will attract other elils. I have to agree with Cinankhen on this: avoiding fight is a better solution."

"I think we should go away," Neltita spoke. She seemed to gaze into nothing, as if her vision was blurred "Go to the east, towards the rising sun, towards the dangers and towards the promised land," she said slowly, almost monotonously. After a second her eyes looked normally around. Arvens raised his head to pinpoint the position of sun at the sky and then looked back at other rabbits.

"It seems we have our heading,' he stated. East was opposite to place weasel's hiding in, so it was a good direction "Maybe when weasel sees us all in the open, it will look for mpre easy prey. If not, we can march and run faster than it, so we will leave it behind eventually."
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Promised land?" Rankin thought "What would that mean...?"

Rankin pointed towards their east than started to hop in that direction

"Alright then, let's go!" Rankin said encouragingly

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Cinankhen cast a look after Rankin but didn't set in motion himself while nobody else did. Instead he approached Neltita and asked very quietly: "He called you a seer. Is that what just happened? Did you actually see something? Do you know what I mean?"

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Neltita looked at Cinankhen and nodded "I suppose you could say that I am. I saw a way we should go to reach a place where we can live safely or at least I saw part of it. Most of it was... not clear."

"Alright, we are moving out," Arvens said "Rankin and Thyme, you take point. Me and Mayberry will guard the rear, in case this weasel decides to follow us. Just remember, you all: stay close to each other and be vigilant."

Thyme left the ditch and joined Rankin.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Cinankhen cast a rather unhappy look at the edge of the ditch muttering something to himself that nobody else could understand before ascending the bank of the ditch. "Could you tell the direction the weasel scent was coming from?" he asked Arvens. "We should rather be on the side of the ditch on which that weasel is not."
He rose his head slightly trying to make out if there was any breeze which would indicate from which direction a scent would have been carried, but there wasn't even a slight movement of the air around.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rankin was already ahead of them as he jumped over the ditch, and scented ahead. He kept his ears down

I don't smell anything he thought. He continued, knowing Thyme would be close in a matter of moments

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"I smelled that weasel's scent coming from over there," Arvens pointed to bushes in opposite direction to one they were going towards "Now, lets go."

Neltita got out of the ditch and followed Rankin and Thyme.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Cinankhen kept up with the group staying close to Neltita but always maintaining some distance between himself and every other member of the group. While running his eyes seemed to be in nearly constant motion scanning the surroundings in every direction his eyes could capture without him having to turn his head.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rankin continued his lead and looked behind to Thyme to speak

"I don't think we have much of a destination.." He said, huffing softly as he they traveled cautiously

ooc: sorry for the delay. Holiday rush

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Cinankhen who walked close enough beside Thyme to have heard the remark made an odd motion that looked like he was shrugging while not changing his pace. "What is it that you expect from your destination? Knowing about the what will help to decide about the where unless..." he put on a musing face "...different rabbits come up with different expectations for their destinations."

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Whitetail watched intently as the rabbits left the ditch and started hopping towards rising sun. There were quite a few of them, which meant more prey for him to eat, but it also meant that he will have a hard time trying to stalk them without them noticing. It will be difficult, but not impossible. Weasel followed rabbits, using trees and bushes as cover.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Mayberry kept her place in the group, and she could just feel that their group was indeed being followed, but as much as he wanted to turn around and face this threat head on, she knew that getting to safety was higher on the others agenda so she simply kept pace with the others and kept quiet.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rankin slowed down his pacing, making sure to stay with the group, Listening to Cinankhen

"Well in that case, we'll have to dig our own warren or something..."

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Mayberry sighed aloud as she replied, "In which case means, we'll have to get our paws dirty! That's what. Now can we please keep focused so I don't have to protect all of us."

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
In a rather un-rabitlike expression Cinankhen raised one eyebrow turned his head to Mayberry who was running a few paces behind. "Focu..."
But whatever he had meant to say he never finished. One of his forelegs suddenly sunk into the soft soil having broken through the ceiling of some kind of underground hollowing.
With a little yelp and an all but comical looking leap Cinankhen avoided breaking into the newly created hollow. But he flipped over completely and came to rest a few steps on all covered with wet soil.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thyme turned back quickly to see what caused all this commotion he had heard just a moment before. He saw Cinankhen, lying on the ground, with his fur full of wet soil. Thyme tried not to show any signs of amusement, but it was very difficult not to smile at that sight and he eventually failed at keeping straight face:

"Well... What happened there, Cinankhen? Did you suddenly decide to become a rabbit-of-the-earth-and-dirt?" grey buck asked in jocking manner.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Little seemed Cinankhen to care about his dignity. He made some random waving gesture that could mean just about anything but otherwise didn't respond.
"The ground..." he muttered half to himself half to the others while turning his head to the spot where his leg had sunken in, "...it is not solid."

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Neltita glanced at that spot then around. She had a feeling that the ground was not solid in more places about them than just one.

"We should be more careful. I anyone of stesp into another hollow like that, then he may drown in it," Neltita said. Thyme groaned in frustration.

"That's just wonderful!" he said "It's barely a morning and we already may be killed by that weasel Arvens smelled earlier or by drowning in the swamp. Do you get the feeling that Black Rabbit of Inle is following us?"

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Cinankhen shook his head. "That is not a swamp. I think I may have broken somebody's ceiling."