The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Summoners

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The bartender lead Zoe upstairs and once there, he pointed to one of the doors:

"This is the room you're looking for. I must leave you now. I have a lot of work downstairs. If you would need me, I will be there" he said before going down.

Willow chuckled at vixen's words.

"You don't have to be sorry. I admit that he can look intimidating, especially when he tried to catch thief, but I don't think he would hurt you." she said with a friendly smile.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Luna smiled back a little bit to Willow again "Yeah, I guess you could say that" she paused again as she looked to Willow some more "And again, sorry for leaving like that" although, of course, she didn't have to be sorry, she just tended to say sorry more than what she needed to, even if she didn't have to say it.

She paused a little, giving a bit of a thought to something "So um, what are you up to now anyway?  Cause I was just going to have another wander around this city....I mean, it's big and all...and well, I guess you could say that I'm curious on it and what else is around...." she tilted her head to the side, just a little bit as she continued to look at Willow "Do you want to come for a walk or something?" she decided to ask.

Zoe nodded back to the bartender and knocked on the door "Come on, answer....I am not going to be standing here all day...." she grumbled to herself some as she soon waited for an answer from the door.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Tai didn't have to wait too long, as his turn for the phone came up.  He walked into the booth and picked up the receiver of a 1930's era phone, dialing in the number.  The phone was picked up promptly on the other end.

"Baldor's Antiquities..." an answer came.

"It's me, Tai," the goth replied cheerfully.

"Tai!  I haven't heard from you in a while!  You doing OK?"

"I'm great.  I just got a little sidetracked and came to Tedisian."

"Tedisian?  Interesting...  There's something in a newspaper about Tedisian...  Let me go find it...  By the way, have you found the Soul Gem?"

"Two, in fact!  But I ran into another Summoner, and one of the Gems chose him, so there's only one to bring back."

"That's just fine with me.  A Summoner with a Soul Gem is much better than a Wraith with one."

"That reminds me...  I was sidetracked into Tedisian when I crossed paths with a patrol of Ravers..."

"Ravers?  Even those have never been that far from the closest General's domain...  Aha!  Found it!  Hmm...  The article says about a festival being thrown down there, and some aristocrat is showing off his treasures...even some unusual large gemstones in a set of seven in his own home...  Tai, I think they're talking about Soul Gems."

"There's Soul Gems here?!  And that big a number in one place?"

"That's a possibility.  And...it may be why Wraiths have been seen that far out...  You said another Summoner's in town?"

"There's at least three more I met today."

"Very interesting...  You may need their help, especially to see if what this man has are in deed Soul Gems, and that he may in danger."

"It'll be hard to find them now.  It's a big place.  Is Kenshi still available?"

"He hasn't come back from his recent venture."

"OK then.  I'll just find Skorn and the others and see if they can help."

"I'll talk with Kenshi when he stops by.  Good fortunes to you, Tai."

"And to you, Baldor!"  Tai hung up...

(OCC:  Pointing out there are different types of subordinate Wraiths.  I'll have a list started of the different kinds of Wraiths we'll face.)

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"I'm still looking for a job right now, but I don't mind doing it with company." hare said, looking here and there, before turning to Luna again "If I remember correctly there is a park here, a green land with a few trees. It's not much, but it is the closest thing to the woods you can get in this city. If you want to know Tedisian more we could start by going there."

After Zoe knocked on the door, she heard a woman's voice coming from inside the room:

"You may come in!"
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Luna loked back to Wilow and gave off a light shrug "That would be nice, I mean, I'm only in the city for a few days before I head back, and getting to know the city while I'm here would probabally be the best bet" she spoke with a smile as she walked beside Willow, heading towards, where she believed, the park was.

Zoe was a bit suprised to hear a woman's voice coming from the door, yet, she ignored it for the time being and opened the door and stepped inside, taking a quick look around.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It wasn't long till they arrived at their destination. Like Willow had said, the park wasn't much, but it did have some trees and even a small lake, so one could take a rest from walking through noisy and crowded streets. There were several other people who was enjoing walking around this park. Willow wondered briefly how many of them had ever seen a real wood. She turned to Luna and asked about something the vixen said earlier:

"You're going back in few days? Where to, if you don't mind me asking?" she said with a smile.

In the room was a woman, sitting by a desk. When Zoe entered, a woman looked at her and said:

"Welcome. I take it you are the person Ber just told me about" she pointed to dog-like robot, which Zoe had met earlier and who was lying in a corner of the room, watching this scene silently "I am Alexandra."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Well, seeing how this city is big and all, and I don't have family, friends, a love life or anything like that anywhere, staying here for just a few days and then moving on is my best option, that way, i guess you could say, others wont realize, or miss me when I'm gone sort of thing" Luna replied back, giving Willow another little smile "So, I'll probabally be heading East from here"

Zoe looked over to the female sitting at the desk and spoke up to her"I figured you would be a guy at first, the name Alex, but now I do realize, Alex can also be short for Alexandra, a girl's name" she paused for a second "But enough small talk as it is, you require me for something I take it?  Cause your rustbucket dog there said that you can pay me after helping you out....and the money better be worth it....or we are going to have...some problems...."

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Straight to the business, aren't you? I like that." Alexandra said, looking into Zoe's eyes. Then, she took out a small metal thing looking like a cellphone with little antenna. Alex pushed some button on that thing and it started giving a quiet humming sound.

"It works well against wire and bugs." Terran woman said to Zoe "Local politician has seven Soul Gems in his possession. I would like to have them and for that I need a professional thief. I will pay you 1000 gold coins for each SOul Gem you will deliver to me. I can also provide you with informations, that can help you in accomplishing your mission." Alexandra looked at Zoe awaiting her response.

"East? I came here from south and at one time I visited lands west and north from here, but never east." Willow said, walking towards the lake. Once there, she settled down on the edge of it, so she could dip her feet in the water. She sighed and spoke to Luna:

"I've stayed in this city for too long. I miss wilderness, the woods with their peace, but most of all I would like to see something new..."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zoe was looking at the object that Alexandra was holding as she crossed her arms, arching an eyebrow "That there, seems a bit...expossing I suppose you could say, wouldn't it stick out? she asked rather curiously.

However, when the Terran then mentioned 1000 gold coins per gem, she just ended up smirking some "Very well then....and you better not be lying about it either, would hate to bring you say, 6 Soul Gems and you have no money in the end...."

Luna was standing up still as she looked down to Willow for a second, then out to the water "I can never settle into any big cities for too long, gets....overwhelming is all...." she paused for a moment, still looking out at the water as she spoke to Willow some more "Why not come with me then? I mean, you don't have to if you don't wish to, cause I'll still be heading off regardless, but if you want to come along, I wouldn't mind the company...."

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
When he was done with the phone Tai hurried to his room and entered.  He placed his glider pack on the bed and quickly went to the wash room to fill his canteen with water, before heading back out and locking the door behind him.  He should find Skorn at least...

He walked out the inn to the square, and quickly found Ellen and Kyle performing with a Summon Soul.  Giving a half-smile, he reached the crowd watching the show...

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"It can be pulled to pieces." Alexandra answered, before taking out another thing, a map "Back to business. Here is the map of the place aristocrat is keeping those Soul Gems and it also shows the sewers underneath that house. You could use them to get there unnoticed..."

"That's a splendid idea, Luna" Willow said with a grin, standing up "I will be happy to join you."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Oh trust me, I know hopw to get a job done, one way or another" Zoe replied back to Alexandra as she took the map from her, rollng it up and placing it into her pocket without so much as looking at it.

Luna was a bit suprised to hear that Willow was going to join her on the journey "You will? Um okay....I didn't actualy expect you to say yes or anything like that, but okay, cool" she spoke, giving off a small nervous laugh as well and looked to Willow some more and held out her hand for a handshake "Um....welcome....aboard?"

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Good. After you steal Gems, come here, but make sure nobody will follow you." Alexandra said firmly, then added "But I don't have to tell you this, do I?"

Willow shook Luna's hand.

"Thank you. I should find some way to earn some money, so I could prepare myself for a journey. What I have right now is barely enough to let me live here for one or two days." hare said, once again wondering where she should go to find job. She didn't think long, as she heard a voice to the side of her:

"You're looking for a job? Perhaps I could help you with that"

Willow turned and saw a small man standing before her.

"Hello. I am Winesmouth, trainer of one of the best Tedisian's fist fighters, Steelman." a small man said with a wide smile "I am sure that you've heard of him"

"Well... Not really." Willow said, which caused a deep frown at Winesmouth's face, but he quickly covered it with smile.

"That doesn't matter. What matters is that I need a sparring partner for Steelman, since he is preparing himself for a very important fight in next week. I heard that hares are good at fist fight, so I would like to hire you."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Well, I'll see you a bit later on, come and meet me at the inn, as the innkeeper for me....he'll direct you to my room and then, we can talk about it some more....the whole travelling thing and what have you" Luna told Willow a bit quietly, giving her a smile and nodding to the other two before turning around and simply walking off.

She just did not want to stay around for the fight, it was something that just did not interest her as much.

"Kinda defeats the purpose, telling me it to start with, then saying that you need not tell me....when you already have...." Zoe gave off a light grumble as she spoke to herself quietly "People really need to learn to think before speaking...."

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"See you later then" Willow spoke to leaving Luna. Then she said to terran called Winesmouth:

"Before I decide to agree or not, I would like to hear what you offer"

"Right. I will pay you, hmm...., 300 gold coins for every hour of training session, which will last for four hours a day, not including breaks...What you say?"

Willow was thinking about this offer for a few seconds. 1200 coins for a day. That sounded rather well, as long as this Steelman will remember it is a training and won't try to punch her into oblivion. Even if so, after a day she will have enough money to buy appropriate equipment for a long journey...

"Okay. I agree for your terms. When do we start?" she asked. Winesmouth grinned at this.

"Right away. Follow me." he started walking off and Willow followed.

"If you have any more questions about your mission, then I will try to answer them, but if you do not... Well... I wish you goodluck." Alexandra said, then she waved her hand at door "You know the way out."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Luna had indeed, for the time being anyway, headed back to her room at the local inn.  She was sitting on the bed, going through some odds and ends she had on her, things she had picked up whilst on her journey to be able to sell for her own money, since she practically had no use for any of the junk she had carried.

She decided it would be best to summon one of her Summons to help in finding out how much each of her items was actually worth, Summoning one, Iron Man as she addressed him straight away "Hey, um Stark, sorry for calling you out like this, I just need your help, and you're practically a genious....just need some help in finding out how much each of these things here are worth"

Iron Man looked to the items on the bench and moved his mask up to reveal his normal face as he picked up one item, a necklace and gave off a whistle "I would say, for at least $1000" he told her, only to have Luna looked at him a bit confused.

"Dollars?" was all Luna could ask "Uh, we only have coins here...."

"Coins? As in gold coins? Well, if you say that, then I would imagine that it could possibly pick up for around 400 gold coins, if my calculations are correct" Iron Man replied back to her.

Zoe just looked at Alexandra and scoffed a little, to which she simply turned and walked out of the room without so much as a word back to Alexandra, already starting to make her way towards the destination, to the point of which she climbed up onto the nearest rooftop to get a better view of the area.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"This is the place." trainer said, when he and Willow arrived at their destination: well-illuminated clean basement with a ring in the middle (which was outlined only by a white line) and some training equipment beside the walls. There was a man punching the bag with enthusiasm worth the better cause. In fact, he was punching it so strongly, that one could wonder how this bag was still there.

"And there is our champion. Steelman! Come here, please!" Winesmouth called the big man, who stopped his exercise and walked to Willow and Winesmouth. Steelman looked at hare in the way that made her feel uncomfortable, even though she couldn't quite explain why.

"Hello. I am Willow." she said, helding out her hand for a handshake, but the fist fighter ignored it. He just kept staring at her.

"Willow here will be your spaarring partner now, Steelman." Winesmouth said, which caused an evil grin on other man face.

"Good. I was getting bored with just hitting a bag, trainer." he said and looked at Willow like a destructive kid, who just got a new toy after breaking all others...

"Let us begin straight away. Steelman. Willow. Enter the ring." trainer spoke. fist fightere entered the ring right away, while hare joined him after a few seconds. She laid down her cloak and her weapons. After all, she won't need them to training fight. When both she and Steelman were on the ring, Winesmouth said:

"At the beginning, you, Willow, will be on attack and you, Steelman, on defense. Remember. This is just a training fight, so take it easy." Willow noticed, that Winesmouth directed the last sentence mainly at Steelman.

"Start!"

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
After talking with Iron Man about how much all her stuff would be worth, she got up and dismissed him, to which she headed out of her room and downstair, walking over to the innkeeper "Listen, if someone by the name of Willow comes looking for me while I'm out, just tell her to wait in my room" she told him as she then headed out the door and down the street towards the busy marketplace.

As she approached one of the stalls, she placed the bag of items down onto it and looked to the stall owner "I'm here to sell a few things...." she begun as she pushed the bag towards him.

The stallkeeper looked into the bag and started to go through it, looking already, to be rather intruiged with what she was selling him "2,450 gold coins I can give you for the lot"

Luna thought for a second "Make it 2,700 and we have a deal"

The stallkeeper thought for a moment more before giving in and raching for the gold coins he had on him.  He reached for another little bag and placed the gold coins inside and handed them over to Luna "Here, all 2,700 gold coins, inside that bag"

Luna took the bag and looked inside and smiled to the stallkeeper "Thanks" she told him and turned, walking away from the stall as she attached the bag to her waist and decided to go for a little walk for the time being, believing that Willow would be a while with her training.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Figuring they were busy, Tai then turned back the way he came into the city, looking around for Skorn...

----------

Outside the highest window, the aristocrat and his colleague watched the festival below.

"A Goth outsider and a Terran boy..." the aristocrat said.

"And word tells me there is a Reaper Summoner as well," his colleague added.

"We'll tend to him another time and another way...  These two are perfect for action tonight, as long as that captain of the city guard doesn't meddle in my affairs again..."

"You seem that anxious to add to your collection, my friend."

"These jewels deserve much more in my hands than in that of scroundrels like them...  Do you have guards posted, as promised?"

"Of course.  I even have some watching the entrances to the viaducts below around the city."

"Good..."

(OOC:  Zoe won't have much trouble with the guards, just to point out.)

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Skorn was still in the city at the moment, crouched down with one of his Summons out in the open, Bolt once again as he gave the dog a pat on the head as he gave off a slight sounding chuckle as well, smiling to the dog.

Bolt's ears perked a little as he looked past Skorn and over to one whom was not far from them.  Skorn looked over and saw who Bolt was looking at, Tai, to which Skorn stood up straight and walked over to him, with Bolt following him behind "You look a little lost"

Zoe soon, found what she after, well, seeing it in the distance and started to make her way towards the building, rushing along rooftops, as silently as she could "Yeah, go into the sewer....like hell I'm going to do that...." she muttered to herself as she ran, leaping across onto another rooftop as she kept up her momentum in the process, not wanting to slow down just yet.

Luna on the other hand, was already getting rather bored with walking around as she looked to the sky and watched the sun, slowly, starting to set as she let of a sigh of some sort, looking at the gold coins she had managed to obtain and decided it was best to go back to the inn.

Once at the inn and back in her room, she was busy getting together her things, so that she was ready to leave the moment Willow would arrive.