The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Power Rangers RP

LBTFan13 · 348 · 21171

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
At this point, I think a reboot would be a wise choice. It does seem like we are kind of dragging this on for a bit, which may have again been my fault for simply not being able to post in it. Having said that, I would like to try as GM again because now I feel like I am getting a little more time to actually relax for myself, which means I would be able to get on more often to post. Kor, since you helped me create this RP in the first place, I would be happy if you would continue to be CO-GM. Hopefully we can get some sense of communication going so we can try and avoid what happened to this RP.

I think we need to contact the other participants and also try and spread the word out to others, just to see if maybe we can get more people involved. I also think that we need to get ALL the specific details out before we start the RP. That way we will have a good idea of how to start everything.

The only thing about your idea Rocky is that the Red Ranger is always the leader in Power Rangers, so to have a Gold Ranger leader kind of doesn't make sense, especially since the Gold Ranger only exists in Zeo. I would reprise my character, who was also specifically designed to be the leader

I would be willing to give you Zedd and Alpha, as you seem to have a really good grasp on Rito's character so I think it would be interesting to see how you play as them. Having said that, aside from Goldar, I would like to keep Zordon, as it was my intention to play as him from the start. I only took Zedd because nobody seemed to want him at the time, and I just kind of added Alpha along with Zordon.

I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way at all. I am very grateful that you are still enthusiastic about this RP. I simply feel like I can and will do a better job as GM this time around.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We should work out ideas and characters and such before the rp starts so things can go more smoothly.   We can discuss various ideas we all have and work on weaving those together into a smooth running rp.

I"d be happy to be co gm.  

I guess some of us may want to keep the same characters and some may want to change to a new character, or even maybe color.  

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Jul 28 2011 on  11:20 PM
Depends on the gold ranger you want to do .  There was a gold ranger in the zeo season. Troy or whatever his name is.  Also it would have to be decided if there will be oc's, fc's, a mix of the 2 or what.  & if the 6th ranger will be gold, or some other color.

And who all is interested in the rp.
Trey. And my Gold ranger character would get his powers in a green lantern sort of thing with a dash of the first iron man at the end where in a post battle press confrence he is sand bagged into revealing he's the gold ranger. Also I hope it's ok I make a new character sheet.

Name:Patrick Draganta
Appearance: 5ft 9in, cleft chin with oval glasses and forest green eyes. He has a straight nose and shoulder length blond hair.  He ussally wears a black suit and gold tie.
Personality: Patrick has asphergers syndrome, he is socially inept, can get flustered at times. He is also a MENSA LV genius. Patrick tends to drink quite a bit.
BIo; Patrick comes from a rich family, He was five years old when his Parents were killed by goldar. Even from a young age, Patrick loved to build and create. after his parents were killed, he turned his grief into forcus, and became the first non-ranger human to tap into the morphing grid. He has spent the last 18 years of his life building tech for earth based rangers.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So is it just us 3 interested, or have you heard from any others?  I also wonder if we'll go with basing it on the original idea and start or if it'll be totally different, or  a mix.  

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTFan13,Jul 29 2011 on  12:08 AM
At this point, I think a reboot would be a wise choice. It does seem like we are kind of dragging this on for a bit, which may have again been my fault for simply not being able to post in it. Having said that, I would like to try as GM again because now I feel like I am getting a little more time to actually relax for myself, which means I would be able to get on more often to post. Kor, since you helped me create this RP in the first place, I would be happy if you would continue to be CO-GM. Hopefully we can get some sense of communication going so we can try and avoid what happened to this RP.

I think we need to contact the other participants and also try and spread the word out to others, just to see if maybe we can get more people involved. I also think that we need to get ALL the specific details out before we start the RP. That way we will have a good idea of how to start everything.

The only thing about your idea Rocky is that the Red Ranger is always the leader in Power Rangers, so to have a Gold Ranger leader kind of doesn't make sense, especially since the Gold Ranger only exists in Zeo. I would reprise my character, who was also specifically designed to be the leader

I would be willing to give you Zedd and Alpha, as you seem to have a really good grasp on Rito's character so I think it would be interesting to see how you play as them. Having said that, aside from Goldar, I would like to keep Zordon, as it was my intention to play as him from the start. I only took Zedd because nobody seemed to want him at the time, and I just kind of added Alpha along with Zordon.

I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way at all. I am very grateful that you are still enthusiastic about this RP. I simply feel like I can and will do a better job as GM this time around.
Not true LBTFAN13, There are cases where a non white ranger has been leader. Mighty morphing power rangers seasons 2 and three had Tommy as the white ranger as Leader, Mighty morphing Alien rangers ad a white ranger as leader. Power Rangers Time Force had pink as leader for a while and wild force had yellow calling the shots for a while. But I agree, since your character was made to be leader then Leader he will be. And can I also be rita?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i might be wiling to reprise my role as tracy, if we are simply restarting the story..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Restarting the story as is, with some colors and stuff being changed, or left the same?

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well Kor, How about this as a possible line up

Zeo Ranger I Pink: Tracy: Nick22
Zeo Ranger II Yellow: Kor, and who ever he creates for the roll
Zeo Ranger III Blue: Reversed for StarFallRapter
Zeo Ranger VI Green: reserved for Chiletrek
Zeo Ranger IV Red (Leader): Rob: LBTFan13
Gold Ranger: Patrick: Rocky.

Granted thisis just for the rangers. I also suggest Bulk and skull be  the propriators of a new " Hang out Spot" Called Bulk and Skull's.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
thar coiuld be a good idea... bulk and skulls . i like it.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds interesting.  What do you think the place could be like?  Maybe similar to either the juice bar place in the early seasons, or other such places seen in other seasons of power rangers.  

The dino thunder rangers had some sort of combined internet cafe, place with some drinks or food sold too.  

I may do a female character so the main rangers isn't all males but 1.  

have you pmed all the others on that list?

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Aug 3 2011 on  12:36 AM
Sounds interesting.  What do you think the place could be like?  Maybe similar to either the juice bar place in the early seasons, or other such places seen in other seasons of power rangers. 

The dino thunder rangers had some sort of combined internet cafe, place with some drinks or food sold too. 

I may do a female character so the main rangers isn't all males but 1. 

have you pmed all the others on that list?
Remember that place we saw breifly in forever red, like that. Also Chiletrek is interested in the reboot, but he needs a date so he can see if he can be active.

I also contacted Starfallraptor.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I somewhat remember that scene.  Maybe if Chiletrek is to busy to rp as a ranger character he could still rp a bit as a friend of the rangers maybe who could become one later on maybe, if he has time to be more active.

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Maybe someone could portray two additional rangers if need be.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
& no reason why the rp can't start with just 3 or 4 rangers.  Some seasons started with just 3 rangers.  Though from what I recall they were usually red, yellow and blue in most cases I think.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I would prefer to have one ranger per player, just to keep it fair.

Like Kor said, Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder both only had three rangers to start off with, although that changed really quickly. There's no reason why we can't start with only three rangers in that manner, and the other two can come in later on.

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Or in our case four, also what are we going to do in regards to zords?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We can either use the original zeo zords, or I can go and do some research to see which zords from whatever seasons folks prefer, that still exist/were not destroyed, or list the fate of all the zordon era, first 8, 15, ? seasons.

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I vote we first use the zeo season zords, anyother zords can be brought in later. Also why stay within the Zordon Era, there are other zords we could bring in. My New character built Tech for Earth based rangers, we could say he has "Stronger" Versions of destroyed zords that were mothballed as well as decomissioned zords.

Also we could have the Blue and Green zeo zords being remotly operated, it's been done before. Allso I was thinking maybe we have a non ranger group I came up with to Supliment the power rangers, sort of like "human Putties" if you would. Kind of like how the silver guardians were, but without the mercenary aspect and under the Command of the power rangers. I call them the Guardian Angels, after Angel Grove. They are a strike force created to deal with Incursions like Zedd and Rita, Master Vile, Etc.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
The Zeo zords would make the most sense, because they so far have not been destroyed, and the non piloted zords could be remote controlled for the sake of using them all.

I don't know how I feel about having a group like the Silver Guardians. I always imagined the Power Rangers to be the only ones who could stand up to anything from villains like Rita and Zedd. I especially didn't really like the Silver Guardians in Time Force, even after Wes and Eric became co-leaders. If the focus is on a group of five specifically chosen people to act as Power Rangers, then what's the point of having a military group that doesn't even really help that much. I know it can be argued that the Silver Guardians actually did help out, but that was mostly once Eric became the Quantum Ranger.

Another thing I've been thinking about. Does your character really need to have the background of providing technology for Earth based rangers Rocky? If you ask me, it seems unnecessary and highly unlikely that your character would have provided support for every single Earth ranger group that has existed, because then that would mean your character would have known all about Zordon before the rest of the rangers did. I think it would seem more natural to the universe of Power Rangers if your character was a little toned down. It's fine that he has the back story with Goldar (as long as you don't let it take over the entire plot of the RP), but to also have that your character was heavily involved with other rangers seems a bit much.

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
not all the ranger teams, just Lightspeed, overdrive, and RPM. So he only provided technical consoltatin to thee eams and I was thinking of reworking it to remove the whole goldar killing parents thing cause the avengeing dead parents thng has been done. And why not with the silver guardians like group, especially after all the crap Angel Grove went.