The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How often do you play games?

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hey gamers!

Yeah I know you've probably heard this question a million times before but hey, we're all for nostalgia right? :p

So truthfully, how often do you play video games. By "play video games" I'm talking about a good few hours say 2-3hrs+ in a sitting. Just a matter of curiosity is all. Also, if you so wish, add why you play as frequently (or not) as you do. What do games do for you? Destress? Escapism? Bored? Like the challenge? No other hobbies? Just plain lazy?

It'll be interesting to hear the different avenues we all use games for so let's hear it.

Fire away (and no teabagging :lol  :DD )

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i play as much as i can, at least until i beat the game completely- I like getting plantinum trophies lol :lol:
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Not a bad aim there Nick! I've only landed myself one platinum trophy so far. Admittingly, I dont have the time to grab all the trophy challenges so despite my earlier decrees to complete a game 100%, I'm started to become satisfied with just clearing the game. Still on a difficulty setting no lower than normal of course ;)

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
everyday

which system do I play the most:

Nintendo 64

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Maybe a few times a month.  Not very often.  I'm always too busy.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i try to clear the game on normal to easy first, although for some games there is no difficulty settings..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd say a few days a week I really sit down with a game and play it for a while. Actually, that's not really accurate at all, because it's so random. I could go weeks straight without ever touching a game. It just depends on if I'm in the mood, what games I'm currently into, and if I have nothing better to do. Also the best games to me are the ones that you can play cooperatively with your friends. If my friends had more time to devote to multiplayer games, I would definitely play more often. There's really nothing quite like teaming up with your friends against enemies and taking them down.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
yeahco-op is cool, but most of my games are single player..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Before I got into college, I used to play video games regularly. Now, I'm lucky if I can play a game for at least an hour.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A couple months ago, I was playing video games almost everyday. Recently, mosto f my free time has been to writing my fanfiction. I'll probably finish with that in a couple weeks (I'll take a break) and get back to more games  :DD
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Even with all my classes and working on my original sci fi story I still find at least a little time for some games, be it on my DS, 360 or SNES.  So yeah, I play games every day. :p

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
It is kind of unconstant on my end. If I got a new game that I like or am under the influence of a temporarrily refound enthusiasm for an old game I am likely to play daily for a while and temporarrily more than is probably good. However, most of the time I lack this enthusiasm with most games being very similar to each other with little new to be found among them. So relatively long times may pass without me playing any game whatsoever at all.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I have not touched a console game in a long time, thanks to an old friend getting me to the incredible World of Warcraft. Though I also played console games for a bit after beginning WoW, due to the engrossing nature of this MMORPG, console games have just about completely lost their luster for me at this point. I can play with tons of other people, type and voice chat, make lasting friends, play with my own style, and much more. I put in about, oh, I’d say five to six hours of WoW a day. It used to be about eight to nine hours a day, but the overwhelming excitement at first has dwindled to mostly an unrelenting addiction. I have all ten classes, all at level eighty-five, most of them geared enough to queue for heroics, and I have over seventy days of play time on my death knight alone. I guess WoW is just a comforting (or stressful) vacation from real life, and with by far not the best life, I take vacations rather often.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I play pretty much everyday, mostly on multiplayer games like Gears of War and Left 4 Dead.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I play console games on my emulators that I down load so I play them sometimes.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My frequency is odd I guess I'd say.  I may play a lot for weeks at a time, then go weeks or months almost not touching a video game.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
It's odd to me. Even tho I have emulators and a rom site open I still don't touch them often.

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Pretty much every day for me. If I'm at home and awake, I'm usually playing some sort of video game - Mostly EVE Online on the PC, and various shooters on my 360. I find making stuff explode to be quite relaxing after a day in the bakery :D

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah nice yeah I like to some times take breaks from the video games and play computer games.