The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I've been gone for 2 months and this thread has already reached 98 pages?! You bronies are crazy! I never got a chance to watch the season two episodes yet but I'll ask this; Is the second season two-part episodes as good or better than the first in your opinions?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: oogaboo,Nov 18 2011 on  08:40 AM
Is the second season two-part episodes as good or better than the first in your opinions?
I feel that the two-part opening of Season 2 is somewhat better.  Discord is a fantastic villain and was by all means quite the threat to the mane six.  He is not that of a physical threat, but rather this guy uses cunning to defeat his opponents.  He had the power to destroy the strong bond of friendship the group had developed.  In fact, he had almost won.  If it wasn't for the fact that Princess Celestia helped Twilight remember the friendship that had been developed, they would've never gotten over the spells that had been cast upon them.

However, I will agree with others on one main aspect.  It was too fast paced.  The premier definitely needed one or two more episodes to feel fully fleshed out.  I would understand if the writers didn't come up with enough material to make that happen, but I doubt that's the case.

Still, it is definitely worth checking out, even if you are not a fan of the show.  Trust me when I say that you will enjoy it, regardless.

Oh, and all of the dislike for Discord after the first episode, completely uncalled for.  He is a wonderful villain and he did not deserve that.  To all of the fans that did that, please, do not set expectations like that... EVER!  You only set yourself up for disappointment this day and age.  Bottom line!

That's all I have to say and I'll see ya later!

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Unless there's a last minute animal that will come into play, my money is on the bat.
EDIT: I'm sure Batman is rooting for the bat too, for obvious reasons...

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
It's a good thing RD is getting a pet. Because I was right about to write a fanfiction where she became a "Mama Falcon" for a little while...and then the grown-up falcon she raised caused trouble (including killing one of Fluttershy's animals), forcing RD to let the fella go.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Nov 19 2011 on  09:20 AM
^^ Go Eagle!!
"Go banana!"

Sorry, couldn't resist XD

But seriously, the bat will win, cause bats are just awesome like that ^^

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Show accurate replica of stained glass window depicting defeat of Discord:

This is apparently going for 200+ dollars.

I'm probably going to bet that sometime, someone will make replicas of the Elements of Harmony jewelry.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Amen brother. I'm always the supporter of the underdog.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Spartanguy88,Nov 19 2011 on  06:34 PM

Amen brother. I'm always the supporter of the underdog.
Well, I adore bats myself.  Wish I had one actually.  So that's one of the reasons why I'd like the bat to win, and two....cause Rainbow Dash with a bat would just be awesome ^^

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
The Falcon is gonna win. you know why?

FALCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON PRIDE!

:lol

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^No it's not.

I vote the bat! Bats are awesome! The only flying mammal. :smile

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Thank god it's not I hate her and her annoyance. YAY IT;S A RAINBOW DASH EPISODE!!!!!!!!!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just at the first commercial, and good news, THERE'S A SONG!!!

I'll finish this after the episode is over. :)

EDIT: Last minute entry, tortoise.  Hope it doesn't win.  SO overdone in kids shows!

EDIT 2: THIS IS THE REVIEW!

Okay, pretty good episode, to be honest.  I loved all of the things the animals did to impress Rainbow Dash.  The competition was very enjoyable.

Not to mention, we FINALLY got our first song of the season, which by all means was pretty good.

Won't say who won.  Not going to spoil it. (Though I'm sure someone else will in this thread.)

We should expect the song on YouTube later today.

See ya later! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
IF YOU DO NOT SEE THIS EPISODE LINK, YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY TOO UNCOOL TO WATCH THIS EPISODE!! (j/k!)

May the Best Pet Win

Enjoy! :)

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Due to me being unable to resist for my own reasons, I have put the new song up onto my YouTube Channel.

May the Best Pet Win (Song)

Enjoy it! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Nov 19 2011 on  11:06 AM
Does any pony watch JJ's art stream?
WHO!?