The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
At times, I feel the world needs to just SHUT UP and take a look at it's own stupidity.  The things they are saying about Derpy is quickly becoming one of those moments.  I don't think I need to explain why this is so stupid as many have done it before me.

Anyways, new episode info!  Fluttershy finally gets her moment to shine!

Air date: March 3rd
Title: Putting Your Hoof Down
Synopsis: Iron Will helps Fluttershy become assertive.

Teaching Fluttershy to be assertive?  Gee, that should go well! :)

Can't wait!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
SPOILERS POST!!

Ha!  I was right!  Flying stunt gone wrong!  Yep, that's why RD is in the hospital.  I shall await the angry reactions of the bronies over this.

More to come!

EDIT 1: At least the bronies were right with the whole "Twilight convincing RD that books were cool" deal.  It was also her boredom that got her going.  I suspect several GIFs soon.

Also, the new pony is named Daring Doo!  Hmm, reference to another pony we know? :)

Let's just see how good the story is.

EDIT 2: This is quickly turning into the greatest Indiana Jones reference ever!!

You know what, I'm not even going to spoil the story!  It's too good for it!

However, RD gets out of the hospital too soon and can't finish the story!  What will she do now?

EDIT 3: She tries to steal the book, fails miserably and now has to admit to her friends that she loves reading.  She now borrows the books from Twilight.  Simple as that!

I expect Daring Doo fanfics soon enough!

On to the review!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
REVIEW POST

If you say you hate this one, then you obviously have a pet peeve with a certain multi-colored mane pegasus.  One you certainly need to get over to see the awesomeness of it!

Seriously, this is truly one of the best episodes of the series, period!  It is too enjoyable for words.  You seriously have to see this one.

Rainbow Dash was enjoyable in this episode and Daring Doo's story is just awesome!  A simple plot that makes for an excellent episode.

I'm sure the episode will appear on YouTube soon enough.

See ya then!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
EPISODE POST!!

Click on the picture to see it!

This really works for Rainbow Dash, doesn't it!

Headed to work!  See ya later!

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I LOVED the new episode. I loved the whole story within a story plot theme they had going there. Daring Doo was awesome as well, I too sense many fan fics and fan art based on her very soon. Pinkie Pie referencing Spiderman was hilarious. Overall, one of the best episodes of Season 2.

As for the Derpy thing, those trolls are saying that they're making fun of mentally disabled people. Have they even SEEN Ed, Edd, n' Eddy, Family Guy... or SOUTH PARK?!?!

I hate political correctness. I will forever love Derpy with her original name; just as I will always say "Merry Christmas" and not "Happy Holidays."
-------------------
Equestria Daily recently had a Mock Wars thing going on (as I'm sure most of you may have known). While I can't draw for beans, I am more proficient on writing so here's what my Mock War OC is:

NAME: Red Sky
PONY TYPE: Pegasus
COAT COLOR: Maroon
MANE COLOR: Dark Brown
CUTIE MARK: A Band-Aid with Wings

Serving with the 127th Airborne Division, also known as the "Dive Bombers", Red Sky acts as the Combat Medic for his squad. He was chosen for two reasons, his flight speed and his knowledge on medicine. This is also what earned him the nick-name "Hot Potato" by his fellow Pegasai.

FUN FACT: Red Sky serving in the 127th and that he's a Combat Medic together serve as a tribute to my brother; whom is serving in the U.S. Army as a Combat Medic and is scheduled (Not sure when excatly) to be deployed to Afghanistan.
---------------------

I'm also currently drafting my first FiM fan fic, a Humor/Romance story with Applejack and Soarin' as the main characters.

I'm also considering writing a crossover story between FiM and the Scott Pilgrim series. Which Ramona takes Scott, Kim, and Stephen to Equestria via Subspace. XD

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Nice grab, Bongo.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Seriously, this is truly one of the best episodes of the series.

Nope but at least better than May the best pet win.

Sisterhooves Social is one the best season 2 episodes so far.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Just watched the episode. The whole episode is good, but the last five minutes are the best. Oh man, I loved the twist of who it turned out to be making those dog-barking noises! That one had me floored.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That was a pretty funny reveal.    I guess the doctor choose not to press charges.  Or it was a short thing like she had to clean up the mess she made of the books being knocked onto the floor as she tried to escape.

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dozyslumbers
just watched the episode... well... I heard some squee's. Heheh, the whole episode is good. Anyone noticed that creepy music playing while Rainbow dash was going to read the book for the first time?

Anyways, the lesson for the episode kinda suits me. :p and then, that dog-barking pony... :lol just resembled the face of crazy Twilight Sparkle.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well this was a great episode.  My favorite part was at the end when Rainbow Dash laid in bed and said "Awesome!" with her hooves up in the air (there's a GIF of it in a post above this one).  Though when she was bouncing the ball against the wall I literally said "that's so Rainbow Dash." :lol I dunno.  There were quite a few great Rainbow Dash moments in this episode.  It surpassed my expectations.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
For those that just wish to see the only "The Quest for the Sapphire Stone" part of the episode...  Here ya go! (Click the pic!)

Apparently, someone has already named themselves Daring Do on YouTube.  That channel should be interesting to see. :)

BTW, should I continue this whole "click-able thumbnails" thing for the videos or should I stop? :)

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I've been reading this story last night...
I've been reading this story last night...

And it's so... WRONG. And yet I can't stop reading and laughing at it. You guys should check it out too.

WARNING: MATURE CONTENT

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Feb 5 2012 on  12:58 PM
we all saw this coming don't lie
we all saw this coming don't lie
I remember seeing that show a few times when I was a kid.  It was just plumb awful. :x But nice parody nonetheless.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Feb 4 2012 on  08:28 AM
At times, I feel the world needs to just SHUT UP and take a look at it's own stupidity.  The things they are saying about Derpy is quickly becoming one of those moments.  I don't think I need to explain why this is so stupid as many have done it before me.

Anyways, new episode info!  Fluttershy finally gets her moment to shine!

Air date: March 3rd
Title: Putting Your Hoof Down
Synopsis: Iron Will helps Fluttershy become assertive.

Teaching Fluttershy to be assertive?  Gee, that should go well! :)

Can't wait!
R Lee Ermy would be the perfect voice for Iron Will