The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Thanks man. That means a lot to me.

Anyway, we should probably get back on topic. Sorry for going OT, guys.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Right, back on-topic. Isn't there an Apple Family Reunion episode coming? Babs might reappear in that one.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Nov 24 2012 on  09:00 PM
Right, back on-topic. Isn't there an Apple Family Reunion episode coming? Babs might reappear in that one.
Episode 9
Title: Apple Family Reunion
Air Date: December 22, 2012

There's only one thing I'm concerned with and I'm hoping it doesn't show up.

Well, we best be ready for next week.  Trixie returns to get her revenge on Twilight.  Yep, the blue coated unicorn I hate with a passion returns. (Seriously, I don't get EqD's obsession with her.)

Just be warned, it'll be difficult for me to avoid bashing her during any of my posts that day.  Here's hoping I can hold back.

See ya later! :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I hate Trixie, too. I'm seriously not looking forward to seeing her beat Twilight like the summery promises.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm actually REALLY excited for the one where Trixie shows up. Yeah, she was a BIG witch, but she's an interesting character. I'm really wondering how she'll beat Twilight in a magic duel though.

When the Apple Family Reunion comes on, I'm hoping for Braeburn, I have no idea why, but I'm hoping for it. And Babs too. I hated her, I wanted to strangle her, but, in the end, I liked her. Hey, we might even see Applejack's parents. If that comes along, a whole lot of fanon stories will be destroyed.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
She'll cheat. Pure and simple.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Nov 25 2012 on  02:53 AM
Well, we best be ready for next week.  Trixie returns to get her revenge on Twilight.  Yep, the blue coated unicorn I hate with a passion returns. (Seriously, I don't get EqD's obsession with her.)

Magic duel time! If Trixie wins without cheating, I'll be really surprised. After all, who knew that underneath that illusionist was a powerful mage. But Trixie's probably more likely to fight dirty - not that that's wrong or anything. After all, fighting dirty a staple of fight scenes.

I wonder what the aseop is. Don't be a sore loser? A competition isn't a license to discard your manners? You can compete with someone and still remain friends?

As for EQD's Trixie obessesion, it's author appeal. Sethisto's a huge Trixie fan.

-------------

On a darker note, the fandom honestly depresses me sometimes. I have two stories on FimFiction and it's a bit disheartening to see so many misanthropic stories and people. Wow, way to pervert the show's message.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
How about "don't be a jerk and don't banish someone for losing".

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry fr double posting, but what are your thoughts on this post I saw on another message board:

I actually would have let the CMC have their personal pound of flesh only to choke on it. Frankly, there were no angels in this episode. Everyone was wrong. Babs Seed was wrong for venting her frustration on the CMC and trying out do Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon in bullying them. The CMC were wrong for retaliating. Applejack was wrong for not telling the CMC Babs Seed was bullied at home. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were for being the little assholes they are.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I assume Applejack didn't think it important to mention Babs being bullied back at home.  Though I'm not sure why she didn't mention maybe she'd like to join their group if they would let her, or something like that.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I think it's like you said. Applejack probably just didn't see a need to tell the CMC about Babs' past. In fact does she even know about Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon's bullying of Apple Bloom and her friends? If not, maybe that's another reason she didn't bother to tell them: she probably didn't think that the CMC were going through the same thing Babs was.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I don't think there's any way Applejack could have known what would happen even if she does know about Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Nov 25 2012 on  12:52 PM
I wonder what the aseop is. Don't be a sore loser? A competition isn't a license to discard your manners? You can compete with someone and still remain friends?

Well if Twilight gets banished for losing, then I doubt she's going to leave because Trixie beat her and she's upset about it. Unless you were referring to Trixie and meant to type sore winner?

I think the lesson will probably be something like "Just because somepony beats you at your own game doesn't mean you're not good at what you do". Assuming that Trixie doesn't cheat during her duel with Twilight.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
She will. Twilight is a ridiculously powerful and talented unicorn. Way out of Trixie's league. She has as much chance of beating Twilight fairly as an Uwe Boll film has of winning an oscar.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Seeing as how it's pretty much been confirmed that movie theaters are cannon, I guess it won't be so far-fetched for me to make a "Night at the Movies" sort of fanfiction deal, where I give out the reaction of certain characters while they watch certain movies.

So with that in mind, what movie genres do you think the cast likes the most?  There's bound to be some great variety here obviously, but I need some information of what they could like and dislike.

So, what do you all think?

Pinkie is obviously for comedy.
I could definitely see Rarity go for romance.
Dashie would definitely enjoy the Action and Adventure genre.  Maybe even enjoy Kung-fu movies.

The rest for me are tough to place them with.  Any ideas?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Twilight may like something historical.  

Spike maybe anything with dragons in it, who are not bad guys I'd guess.  

Fluttershy may find most movies scary or way to loud if the music is done like currently, but maybe comedies or something scary like that, and only certain kinds of comedy.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
The Mane Six Reacts To Tommy Wiseau's The Room!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Nov 26 2012 on  02:57 PM
The Mane Six Reacts To Tommy Wiseau's The Room!
Obviously, it'll be limited to only those I own and can have time to study.  As such, I won't be adding that movie to my collection anytime soon, much less ever. (Yep, NC pretty much convinced me to stay away from that one.)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, so what you own that would be a possibility?