The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
BTW everyone, the final chapters of Past Sins have been posted.  Yep, the BEST MLP:FiM Fanfiction has come to a close.  Let's see if it'll end on a high note.  I do have several predictions on how it'll end, but let's see what we get. :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Before I read it, I just have one question: do Celestia and Luna stay sealed up forever?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Aug 30 2011 on  10:09 AM
Before I read it, I just have one question: do Celestia and Luna stay sealed up forever?
I can't say because I haven't reached that particular point yet, (I'm still reading 19, where Nyx is recovering from her wounds, both physical and emotional.) but even when I reach that point, I'm not going to spoil it.  I'm going to encourage you to read it without that knowledge.

I will say though that ALL of my predictions say they will be free.  How exactly that will happen, is the main difference. :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I see. Well, let me know.

By the way, guys. Less then twenty days until Season 2 begins. The creators might decide to just start killing ponies whenever possible. That'd teach kids the iweight of death, right?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Its a good one.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, WR, I will say that they do leave their prisons, but I won't say if they were released, their prisons were broken or something like that.  So, I will say they do leave their prisons, I just won't say how. :)

As for your other question, I do want that element of death still.  Oh, and just so you know, I do change my mind about that bird discussion earlier.  I do agree what happened was the best thing, even if I don't like it to some degree.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Okay on both accounts.

I have one question: you don't want to show turn into some kind of blood bath, though, right? If so, maybe you should just quit watching.

Television IS getting less afraid to kill characters more recently, I will tell you that much. For one, Thundercats started out by killing Claudus, king of the Thundercats and Lion-O's father.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Aug 30 2011 on  03:09 PM
Okay on both accounts.

I have one question: you don't want to show turn into some kind of blood bath, though, right? If so, maybe you should just quit watching.

Television IS getting less afraid to kill characters more recently, I will tell you that much. For one, Thundercats started out by killing Claudus, king of the Thundercats and Lion-O's father.
Well, technically, there HAVE been deaths in the MLP: FiM series.

When Nightmare Moon was defeated, she was killed, but her host; Luna, was kept alive.

Twilight is turned to stone by the Cockatrice, which can also count as death (Even though she revived later in the story)

Philomena died, but she was a Phoenix, so it was expected.

True, they haven't been out right never coming back from the grave deaths, but still...
Maybe I should stop looking deep into a little girls' show about magical ponies and pegasi that teach us lessons...

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I mean think about it. This show is for kids. Do you really think they will allow death in the series? I mean come on now.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, as I keep saying it has been happening more and more lately. How many more times will I have to sight that Claudus dies in episode 1 of the new Thundercats show before that gets acknowledged?

However, for a light-hearted show like My Little Pony that makes Blazing Saddles and fourth wall okes. No. It ain't happening.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Exactly. It's a kids show so of course no one is gonna die in My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic,

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think it's good go have shows here you know no one is likely to die, and some video games and such.   There are some where folks do end up dieing, and that is good also.  I think it is best to have both, so folks that way who prefer one or the other have some stuff they can watch & enjoy, and some who like both have that also, instead of having just one type for everything.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I don't think killing off main characters is a requirement of a good show.  Quite the opposite in fact.  You're supposed to identify with the protagonists of the story, and if you do then killing them off isn't exactly a good idea.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah I hear you on that one. If they end up killing off the main character some people would loose interest.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Yeah, let's not kill the Mane Six off. Background characters, I'm okay with.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I hear you on  that Serris. If they did that the show would suck and be boring.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I redid those two ponies  posted before and decided to just make them regular unicorns