The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Sep 20 2011 on  07:19 AM
Quote from: Ptyra,Sep 19 2011 on  07:23 PM
I have a shipping confession to make.

*GASP*

I have no decided to ship Celestia and Discord. Or, as I should call it Disclestica...that sounds like Dyslexia...
And for my reasons.

1. Discopie (That name  :lol !) and Discoshy creep the heck out of me. Like the kind that you want to bleach your mind. Sure, he and Pinkie have a few things in common, but I really don't see a connection between them like I do with Celestia.
2. "Did you miss me, Celestia? I missed you. It's quite lonely being encased in stone, but you wouldn't know. I don't turn ponies to stone"
3. THIS!
THIS! I wasn't quite sure about the ship until I saw it. My decision is now final
4. Discord's trollzieness rubbed of on Celestia a little?

Another thing I notice that some of the...non-Dislestics (pfft XD) say "they HATE each other". Now, I wouldn't totally say "HATE", but there's most definitely some serious tension. Ala Davy Jones when talked to about Calypso.

I'm trying to come up with some kind of fanfiction or something about it.
And maybe even put it on the bittersweet/creepy-ish side.

I now also think that Philomena was a gift from Discord at some point. I don't know what drove me to think that, but I think it.

Now that that's off my chest...another piece of win
Oh, that umbrella!
Then I think you'll be interested in this little fan club that just recently popped up on DA.

#CelestiaCord

The founder of it has yet to make the necessary changes, but I'm sure it'll be ready soon enough. :)
YEEES!/Darn, she beat me!
I'm gonna be wait to be taken off an admin status of another club to make my own...maybe even affilate.

Dislestics!

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Look at this! Someone's recut version of the season 1 pilot episodes fused into a cinematic experience:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK9nTmt1pWQ...layer_embedded#!

The musical cues are MUCH more intense than in the original and it is a touch darker.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I wonder when somepony will write a crossover of FiM and The Godfather.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Or better yet...

My Little Pony + Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends + The Powerpuff Girls + Ed Edd n' Eddy =

My Little Foster's Home for the Powerpuff Eds

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^ :rolleyes: Oh come on, Bongo!  You really can't be serious there!  There's no way it would EVER work!

Anyways, I'm sad to say that I had to drop my little project I was planning to do.  I ran into serious audio problems I just couldn't fix. :(

However, I happen to have a writing project in mind. ;)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Sep 20 2011 on  08:13 PM
What audio issues?
I was going to do a completely blind commentary project of my own for the 27th episode, but there were too many audio desync problems with the recording for my liking to try and fix.

So yeah, had to drop it for that reason.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Okay, okay, so My Little Foster's Home for the Powerpuff Eds may NOT work at all, but what about...

Pon-Ed-Fied? An Episode where Ed becomes a Brony and it soon spreads throughout the Cul-de-Sac, with all the kids having their own reasons for liking it. The only one who doesn't turn is Eddy, who tries desperately to convert his friends back to no avail.

Now THAT would be an awesome episode-FanFic thing...

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah I hope everything works out soon so your project gets done.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile

Oh my Celestia...

What is this? Someone PLEASE explain to me what this is!

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
*sees picture* Umm... Who agrees that we should talk about other pony-related stuff to ensure it disappears? :)

Screwattack.com has come out with the latest issue of their magazine and it has an article on MLP:FiM.  To see it, go to the following link and check out page 160 to begin reading it.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/screwattac...ivesary-edition

Just so you know, it doesn't see it as the best show, but they still find it to be a good one.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Sep 20 2011 on  11:20 PM
*sees picture* Umm... Who agrees that we should talk about other pony-related stuff to ensure it disappears? :)

I'm all for that!

Scootaloo in 5 seconds

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolink...oo-in-5-seconds

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Sep 20 2011 on  11:20 PM

Screwattack.com has come out with the latest issue of their magazine and it has an article on MLP:FiM.  To see it, go to the following link and check out page 160 to begin reading it.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/screwattac...ivesary-edition

Just so you know, it doesn't see it as the best show, but they still find it to be a good one.
The intro song for Skrewattack is pretty good, but in my experience trusting critics with determining how much you will like a movie/show is like trusting a skunk to tell you if your cologne is fine for a night on the town.

The best opinion out there is your own, and in my own opinion MLP is pretty interesting and in the new season the first episode seems to not be too scared to cater to the older fans.  In time, younger kids will see it, grow older, and appreciate MLP for what is really is.

Hopefully that is.

Caustizer.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Jeeze, have you seen what's happening already? 4 Days into Season 2 and on YouTube, EqD, Ponychan, 4chan, Ponibooru, and so forth, people are RIPPING EPISODE 1 APART!

I mean, we already got tons of FanArt, Image Macros, Vectors, on Ponibooru, lengthy discussions on speculations and how things work in Equestria on 4chan and Ponychan, EqD pumping out more Discord Fics, and on YouTube, we already have BGM Rips, YTPMV's, animation errors, and so on and so forth. And it's still only the 1st episode!

I can't want to see the Fandom's reaction to a MLP: FiM Movie (If it ever comes out). The internet will literally catch fire

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile

NO! OH PLEASE DEAR GOD NO!

Sadly, this isn't a scam like the last image I did...here's the source [Link].

I...I'll just go cry in a corner now... :cry

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^That's love and tolerance for ya! :P:

Seriously though, that is unbelievable, and I can't wait to see what will happen IF a movie for this ever appears. :)

EDIT: And yes, I saw that too.  It's sad, but I'm sure HUB has a reason. :)