The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Kung Fu Panda 2

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
I've been obsessed with this movie for a while now and as my avatar shows........LORD SHEN IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IN THE WHOLE FREAKIN MOVIE!!!! So much better than Tai Lung.

I didn't care for Tai Lung at all in the first movie and I tend to love villains. He just rubbed me as a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum cause he didn't get what he wanted. Shen, on the other hand, is a lot more developed and there's real reason for his hostility and is a very sympathetic character (I mean, his parents practically abandoned him because of his sickly albino-ness for much of his chickhood, saying how he wasn't really "worth attention"....That's harsh; so when they banished him, he probably had very good reason to believe they hated him).

When I first saw this movie, I was having a very tough day (I was literally packed up and on the verge of running away from home) and I wanted to have some comfort. So I randomly watched KFP 2 while sulking in the mall, as it was the only one showing that I had th slightest interest in. I liked the movie, but it didn't leave too big an impression. I admit, I thought Shen was rather goofy looking with his huge, often deranged-looking eyes. In fact, when I first watched that movie, one Shen scene in particular creeped me out: his angry smile at the Wolf Boss during the Year of the Peacock scene ("Happy New Year, sir...!"). Coupled with that intense stare Shen was giving, I had pretty much the same reaction as Wolf Boss....eye contact with Shen during that scene was chilling and I couldn't do it :oops . By now, me being the Shen fangirl I am, I love that scene and I like the residual chill that look still gives me....so creepy, but AWESOME!!!! Plus the added fact that this albino PEACOCK could make an alpha male WOLF fidget like a puppy... That's saying something about Shen, people!! :lol:

Anywho, back to the focus... at some point, I went to see it again for reasons beyond me and fell in love with Shen this time around. Since then, I've been feeding that obsession with Shen art, Shen fanfics, Shen backstory, and watching KFP 2 again and again and again and again!! Unfortunatly, I didn't get the chance to watch it in 3D; I heard the 3D was amazing in this movie, can anyone tell me if that's true? :)

And don't get me started on how much I cried during Po's Flashback of the Panda massacre....

Overall, this movie was awesome!! Shen made it worth watching repeatedly and obsessively!!