The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What are you listening to?

kaytea · 6925 · 444316

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Show Tunes... not really sure of the titles, but it's a compilation of show tunes XDD
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Swedish Pagans - Sabaton

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Okay, so I know how crass it is to say 'everyone listen to this song', but.... OMG, seriously, if you love electric guitar, LISTEN TO THIS SONG!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh3bleXWaCk

It goes by the name 'Maggot Brain', but before the name turns you away it actually isn't a death metal song or anything. It's 'acid rock', by the band Funkadelic, and in fact it has no lyrics save for a little spoken word bit at the end. It's all one long guitar solo.

This is the single deepest, most emotional, most soul rendingly soulful guitar solo I have ever heard in my entire life, and I'm not a person who brings out 'the best I've ever heard in my life' card for just anything. Apparently, when the guitarist, Eddie Hazel, was about to go in to play this, he was told by one of his bandmates: "Play it like had just learned that your mother had died." and by god, that's what it sounds like.

If you love electric guitar and have never heard this song, I consider it my duty to recomend you listen to it. You won't be disapointed.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Daft Punk's newest single "Get Lucky."

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rips Like A Motor by A Good Fight.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
This is the only time I'll say it, but it's something I've just realized recently.

I actually think Pet Sounds is better than Sgt. Pepper. Been listening to both, and I find the experience of pet sounds more enriching than Sgt. Pepper. I don't know, call it a matter of opinion, but most would agree that it's at least Pepper's equal.