The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5636 · 344671

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The sensors on the Spire of Winter picked up signals from the Gold Star " Ship detected 3.78 parrsechs away in the Upsilon Quadrant.  what are your oirders captain? The cpomputer said.
  Accoirding to holoNet, 3 more plamets have disappeared Ratchey Numeri *, Tallus 2 and Brogash 75' Clank said. ' all minor planets Angela said " she was looking at the holonet too. ' that makes 12 planets so far..
 Kovu settled in the cafe next to a table ' he was taking kiara out for dinner. While they didnt have wildebeest, steak was pretty close.. ' we havent had much time to ourselves dear since this adventure happened " He smirked. " enjoy it while we can Kovu " Kiara replied.. as the waiter came by with the mewal. Tiger and Miss Kitty went for a walk around town, while the dragons flre cacarelessl;y above them
 Arlene was cooking a tv dinner for hewrself in her room..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(OOC - MrDrake, I'm gonna assume Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and the CMC  are already aboard the starship)

The sled headed into the vehicle bay where the living planes were relaxing and chatting.

The passengers aboard it disembarked and headed for the town of Winterville.

--------------------

Captain Carson landed her skiff in Winterville. "Okay, Scootaloo, how about we take a break?" Her radio buzzed. "Erm, go have fun around town without me. I've got to get ready for take off."

She then rode her skiff into a building which had an elevator that led her to the command deck.

------------------

When she got there, the crew was busy checking everything.

"Repairs finished?"

"All systems are repaired," a Hawk replied as she examined the

"Ice," Captain Carson said to the console she was seated.

"Yes captain?" a cool feminine voice said. A miniature hologram of a tall blonde woman clad in a blue jumpsuit appeared on the console.

"Ice, have all the outside hatches been sealed and everyone accounted for?"  

"All 10,500 members of our crew are accounted for. All our vehicles are accounted for. Outside hatches now sealing."

Captain Carson nodded and pressed an intercom. "Attention! The Spire of Winter will be lifting off in a few minutes. Please sit down and secure all vehicles and loose cargo until the go ahead to stand up is issued. That is all."

She then checked the repulsorlifts and set them to automatically activate.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stripetail settlede into his quarters at the Winterville hotel, going over some spells he had been working on.. they wrere on their way again..
 Hholly and hare were doing some shopping with Genki and Tigeress ' So where to next guys? Holly asked as the exirted a candy store Genki was sucking on a lollipop..  race you down the street Tiger ' Hare smirked..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"That's ok.  I didn't really thing you'd have gems, but a guy can hope." Spike said shrugging a bit.  

"I guess we are all going.  I wonder what sorts of things we'll see, or new foods we'll get to eat." Spike said.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Speaking of tigers...

On a nearby planet, filled with the image of Shere Khan, a mighty and powerful tiger who ruled the whole planet, he saw the spire of winter through his telescope.

"Bring that down," Khan told his guards, "I could use even MORE servants..."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Spire of Winter quickly left the Pony Planet's atmosphere. It then activated its sublight drives and began to accelerate. After gathering enough speed, the drives were shut off and the starship allowed to coast under its own momentum.

--------------

Captain Carson radioed Stripetail. "Stripetail, do you have the coordinates for our next destination?" she asked.

-------------

Applejack trotted through the colony ship's farm. All around her, drones and living workers were busy tending the crops. There were other colonists simply walking around and enjoying themselves.

"So this is where y'all grow yer food?" she said as she looked around.

"Yes," Ms. Swimmer said. She then plucked a few berries from a nearby bush and popped them in her mouth, letting the juice run down her chin.

----------------

"So the ship is powered by a process not unlike what powers the construct surrounding our planet?" Twilight asked as she scribbled notes onto a floating piece of parchment. Both of them were in the library at Winterville. Several other colonists were reading or otherwise lounging there.

Mr. Bigmouth nodded. "Indeed. These palladium-hydrogen reactors are very efficient fusion reactors, producing gigawatts of energy from nothing more than hydrogen."

"Amazing! It seems magic is almost non-existent among your people but your technology more than compensates!"

"Indeed it does."

Twilight's eyes sparkled. "You must take Spike and I to see it! It would be a marvel to see your technology up close!"

Mr. Bigmouth's amiable expression suddenly darkened. "I cannot do that. That area is restricted to authorized personnel only. You, Spike and the rest of your friends are not authorized to be in the engineering, life support, communications or industrial areas."

"But-"

Mr. Bigmouth cut her off with a wave of his hand. "No buts. That is the rule of Captain Carson and I will not break it."

Twilight sighed as she visibly deflated.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
not yet i'm working on it.Stripetail said  also captain i'm sensing a ship nearby which is giving off magical signals.. it seems to be following us although i'm not sure whether they are friendly or hostilr.. i suggest havie the the computer search for it and see what you can find..."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Swoop's ears twitched. He thought he heard a faint beeping from the cockpit. "Shhhh! Do you hear that?"

Drake looked up from the symbol he'd been drawing onto a metal slab. He raised his quill and listened.

"Beep! Beep!"

"That's the proximity sensor!" Swoop exclaimed and the pair dashed into the Gold Star's small cockpit. They looked over the radar screen and spotted a large blip.

"Asteroid?" Drake asked.

"If it is, that's the biggest one I've ever seen," Swoop replied. "It looks closer to the size of a Zeothystia Corp space station."

The dragon sighed. "Great. You know what that means."

"Let's just hail them and make sure the weapons are loaded," Swoop said.

-----------------------------------------
(Nick's letting me resume playing Spyro and Cynder.)

Spyro and Cynder had wondered around the town, looking for somewhere to eat. They had a small fortune in gold and jewels with them that ought to be able to pay wherever they stopped.

The purple dragon wanted to take his mate someplace special. He'd heard Scooby relating a story about taking Dixie to a fancy resturant and he watned to do the same with Cynder before they had to go back to their home world where the fanciest place to feast was a lord's or king's castle. He wanted no one's company, but Cynder's with him for once.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Winterville  CAfe  was the fanciest plaece in town. " Would the gentlemen like an outdoor or indoor table?" Said the tuxedoed waiter to Spyro.
_
Kopa was taking out vitani for nice hike.. the royals just enjoying a nice moment together..
 Tiger was chasing Hare down the street, The hare had mocked Tigereses weight and had enraged Tiger..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I do hope we don't have to stay in one boring room for the whole trip." Spike said hoping they would be able to go around.  He would find being in just 1 room all the time boring, though if it had a pile of gems he may not mind it so much, he thought to himself, and some sprinkles on the side too.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Captain Carson quickly armed the Spire of Winter's mass driver and mining laser. The ship's point defense lasers were quickly armed as well. Her first mate quickly powered up the shields.

She searched the ship's databases and gasped as a single word came up "Unknown". "Stripetail," she said into the intercom. "This ship does not appear in our databases. Weapons and shields are powered up and I will be hailing the ship."

She grabbed the intercom and hailed the unknown ship. "Attention, unknown ship this is the RICMS Spire of Winter you are approaching too closely! State your business!"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Do not fire first Captain, only fire if they do so first'Stripetail said firemly. ' we do not want to provoke them, and we are in a thinly populated region of space.. if we are badly damaged we would be in a real pickle.. so be careful captain..
_ ratchet and clank surfed the holonet while angela did an inventory of the few posessions she had..
 agumon and agumina qwere swimming in the local pondf with stitch angel; and lilo,  the five were cooling off after a long day..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"RICMS Spire of Winter?" Drake repeated, raising an eyebrow at his friend.

"Never heard of it," Swoop frowned. "It doesn't sound like the name of a pirate ship at least, but I'm not a fan of any military vessels either."

"You'd rather have pirates?" the dragon asked, grabbing the radio mic.

"At least, you can shoot pirates if they try confiscating your stuff," he replied.

He clicked the microphone on and spoke into it. "This is the Shipping Vessel, Gold Star. We, uh... Our ship appears to have been rendered inoperable and we are in need of rescue."

"Ask them if they have any rum."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stripetail was tapped into the intercome " Captain reverse coarse so the Gold Star can doick and its inhabitants can board.. we w should treat them as nonhostile and i think the winterville hotel has a supply of rum on  hand..have them bring everything they can wiuth them. identification,personal effects and so on..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Gomamon jumped into a deep end of a pond he had found.  Joe was a bit behind him.

"You will get a cramp if you go into the water without waiting an hour after the food you ate and warming up." Joe said in a worried voice.  

Gomamon floated on his back once he surfaced.  "you need to learn to relax a bit.   The water's fine why don't you come on in?" He asked Joe.  

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Captain Carson engaged the frontal VASMIR ion drives until the ship stopped moving. A few more careful nudges from the maneuvering rockets put the ship in the right position.

She then radioed for Stripetail, Dr. Zanasiu, Deimos and Mr. Bigmouth to arm themselves and introduce the guests.

The captain then opened a safe next to her seat, grabbed a pistol and slapped a magazine in.

She then chambered a round and holstered her pistol.

She then hailed the ship again. "Attention, Gold Star, a boarding party will be ready to receive you. You may dock."

-----------------

Rainbow Dash, Rainbow and Lt. Martin flew above Winterville as they performed a vast array of aerobatic maneuvers.

Several inhabitants cheered as Rainbow reared up for her Pugachev's Cobra stunt and then pulled back even further, causing her to climb so high she nearly hit the shield. At the apex of her climb, she did a backflip and lazily glided back to level flight, which she topped off with a high-speed, low-level flyby over the Winterville Park where Gomamon, Joe and the ponies were.

Rarity lay back in the grass as she admired the intricate stunts the three fliers performed. She had to admire the two living fighter jets. Despite being of metal and not flesh, they were quite beautiful with a sleek, inorganic design - like that of a finely cut gem.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Heading there now" Stripetail radioed back'
_ Phoenix
 chong smirked as they headed towards a large planet. this one radiated with msgic  ' this place sounds like a good place to stop' he radioed to nick and kerzach..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Statler & Waldorf were lounging at a hotel in the outside area and they watched the air show as they sipped their drinks.  

"Well what do you think?" Statler asked.

"At least it doesn't have that bear in it and his jokes." Waldorf said.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"I'm afraid our engines are completely dead and we need assistance docking," Drake replied. He tossed the mic aside and waited for a reply.

The pair glanced at each other. The dragon plucked a feather from the crest on his head, while the fox checked the clip in his gun.

"You know, there's not much we can do if they aren't friendly," Swoop said. "We can't steal a ship we don't know anything about."

"Yep, I know," the dragon replied. "Perhaps we're being a little too cynical though. They might be friendly."

"With our luck, they're probably a ship full of flesh-eating alien monsters."

"Ugh, don't remind me about that."

"Damn Piranhamites."

---------------------------

"This is pretty sweet of you, Spyro," Cynder chuckled as she looked over the Cafe menu. "I didn't know my dragon had such upper classs taste."

"I've been wanting to do something like this for a while," Sypro admitted. "It's just our world doesn't have places like this."

"Who could've imagined there was more to the universe than just the dragon realms, right?" Cynder laughed. "And now we're exploring even more places..."

"It makes everything seem so small," Spyro said.

They fell silent for a moment, both of them lost thinking about the sheer scale of everything they'd been drawn into.

Cynder broke the silence with a laugh. "Come on, you're the Legendary Purple Dragon. Nothing about you is small. Believe me, I know..."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Activate the tractor beam' Stripetail said, they should be in range now.. GOld sta this Lord Stripetail. we are bringing you onboard, and we are not hostile.you have no need to fear us..as we wil not hurt you..He radioed
_ Phoenix
chong watched as the plaanet surface became visible as the ship decended. This world was called Shky;nader" in the charts. hopefully theyt could find some magical supplies, and perhaps some new laborers as well
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: