The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5640 · 351012

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well They are doing fine, as far as I know" Kovu said. I don't know whee they are right now, but i'm pretty sure they are on this ship. Try calling them, and see if they pick up."
-
Seems theres a difference of opinion there' Vitani said "Well thats the differing beliefs of the sects coming in to play." Vushu said. he hasn't won millions of matches, sumo hasnt been around on the planet long enough for him to rack up that many wins. Besides, we keep very good records, we know how many years we've had sumo contests, and it goes back about 1000 years. if he sumoed and won before that, we don't have records for it. he's won about 760000 matches, with only a few losses in our recorded history. Since Ozai no longer completes directly in the tournaments, its very unlikely we will have someone come along to beat him any time soon. Which is fine. Him losing would shake the foundations of belief in Mawashii, we believe he can beat all comers."

_ you know a lot Vushu' Kopa said ' well, when I'm not kicking sumo tail in the ring, I study the history of my world. of course, theres only so much I can learn in a lifetime, and Ozai keeps much of the history to himself, for security purposes." Are all the Movies about himself? Vitani asked ' Oh, no, just the ones given to cinemas to air. there are quite a few  about Mawashii that don't involve him at all. My favorite is 'climbing the tower' which deals with climbing the tallest peaks in Mawashii  and then there is "The parks of Mawashii' which deals with setting aside most of the planet for nature. the towns, amusement parks and all that other stuff, cover less than 1% of the planet. It just SEEMS like they are everywhere. and then theres " apostle of Tower' which delves into my sects beliefs and customs. the 'separation theory' is discussed a lot' vushu said as they continued walking around the shrine. Vushu grabbed on to Vitani's law " Come on, last one to the Tower section the shrine is an un-demon!' She laughed and Pulled Vitani along as she began running between a series of stalls " Kopa had to run to catch up " what are undemons?' those who are sent to the underworld for being lazy and slow. the Underking sect could tell you more, just don't take too much of their preaching. as if Ozai would live in Mawashii's core?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
The blast door that sealed off the left branch of the T-junction opened up and several more armed guards charged through. One of them barely avoided running into Mr. Bigmouth. Luckily, the door was wide enough that the party was able to squeeze through and exit as the guards entered.

When Ms. Swimmer made it through, the door slid shut.

The sound of the sirens was muffled behind the blast door and there was the same low rumbling of the ship's life support equipment.

"Nick," Mr. Bigmouth said. "Is there a hallway that leads directly from the mall's office and hallways into the detention center? We might be able to take that instead of going through the engineering section."

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Ok then," Kion nodded, "I wish you luck on your trip, Kovu!" He hung up the communication. He then altered the frequency so he could get access to Kopa's.

"Big brother, you there?" he called, Kion and Nuka's faces being projected.

Kiara was doing her best not to fall behind or slow down. She used her keen eyesight to anticipate upcoming curves.

"Hairpin turn coming up," she mentally noted, getting ready to make the sharp turn.

"A couple hundred pounds," Kitty chuckled, "We're gonna be stuck here until he wakes up."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
theres an emergency  tunnel' Nick said. its manually operated, and hopefully chong has not changed the password to use it. if that doesnt work, we will have no choice but to go through the engineering section. its a risk, but we really dont have a choice. " follow me " nick said and he headed to the right, up some steps. this area was darker, and not as lit as the rest of the area.' bee careful everyone ' spyro said. ' our invisibility is our only protection
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mr. Bigmouth quickly plugged his computer into the emergency access corridor's key card reader. Sure enough, the password Nick had given him was still valid. There was a click and the door opened slightly. The Saurolophus pushed the door open and ushered everyone through just before he closed it.

Thanks to the corridor being seldom used, the lights were dimmed to save energy. However, they had been rigged to both visible and infrared sensors to automatically brighten the area when someone was present.

As it were, the hallway automatically lit up, revealing a bland but clean metallic hallway. One that was devoid of enemies.

"Careful," Ryu Kou said as he narrowed his eyes. "I have a bad feeling."

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we really dont have a choice. going down here,  will almost certainly be detected by chong, but its better  than trying to squeeze several other sealed doors. our cbracelets weill be useless will be useless once  we are detected. invisibility wont protect against bullets. ' but our armor will" Flora pointed out, and i can phase through walls if need be." well i dont have that sort of armor ' Nick r4eplied.
 as the sebsors interacted with the group as they walked down the passagweway.
 chong got an ' intruder alert from the security system " someone is using the emergency tunnels! chong yelled into the radio. ' Head to the mall enterance and cut them off. i'll need at least 50 men with arms!
_
 kopa turned as the images of kion and Nuka appeard ' Kion! buddy! good to see you! Kopa smiled at his little brother, with whom he shared a strong big brother-little brother bond ' so whats the word from the kingdom? Oh, hey Nuka! i see you've finally gotten your mane to come in. those shaman treatments must be working."
 Hey Big Brother! Hi Kion " Vitani said waving as the images appeared ' good to see you . pity we cant bring you along, i dont think Nala would permit it, and you have your duties anyway. we're just hanging out with my girlfriend Vushu, who wil be coming to live with us  in the pridelands once this adventure is all done. Vushu, this is my brother Nuka, and my brother in law Kion."
 nice to meet both of you' Vushu waved to the image.I'm Vushu, the pantheress"
-
 Li'ella caught up to KIara as they made the turn into the park section, which surrounded the town.
-
hes more than 200 pounds. if he was 200 pounds i could get him off of me ' Luca said. hes gotta be closer to 300. what do you feed this guy? ' she sighed.' so, what can we do to pass the time in the meantime? she asked Kitty
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"It took a while for them to work," Kion joked, playfully teasing Nuka. He turned back towards Kopa "Things are mostly peaceful here, me and the Lion Guard are handling any threats we are coming across."

Kiara briefly eyed Li'ella as they entered the park. "Mind your turns," Kiara called as she zipped down the track. She had her eyes on the prize.

"Let's kiss while we're down here," Kitty suggested with a shrug, "We can't move for much else, currently." She leaned her head over towards Luca.

"What's the next part of my training, father?" Jing asked.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"You didn't pack a ballistic vest and helmet!?" Mr. Bigmouth exclaimed. He sighed and dug in his messenger bag. He handed Nick a bullet-resistant riot shield made of transparent corundum. "Here's the best I got. Next time, I'll pack an extra vest and armor in case you forgot."

"Forget about that. We need to get moving!" Tyrell exclaimed.

Ms. Swimmer looked around. The guards weren't in sight yet but she could hear them shouting as they tried to open the door. "Do we have any way to slow them down?"

-----------------

Unfortunately for Mr. Bigmouth, he had forgotten that the system logs who opens the emergency tunnels. And that log was accessible to the guards. Sure enough, several guards had been ordered to pursue them.

Luckily for him, the guards ordered to pursue him didn't have clearance to open that door as they were not jailers. That only delayed them slightly as they were in the detention center.

-----------------

"Captain Chong!" one of the security guards said into his radio. "I have reports that several men are heading to the emergency corridor from the side. They'll attempt to trap the prisoners between themselves and the squad making their way to the landing bay."

-----------------

The landing bay was abuzz with activity. The customers who were attempting to leave were stopped by the guards and searched under the guise that there had been a prison break and they had to recapture the prisoner. The Arkeyan Show Cruiser had not been spared as the pilot was held and gunpoint and the ship thoroughly ransacked.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i bought some armor, unfortunately i sent it to the ship ' Nick replied ' i do have weapons to defend myself with," the sound of  shouts and orders reached their ears ' We've got company coming, lots of it! gets your weapons and magic ready! Nick said as they exited the tunnel. while they were invisible to the naked eye, there was no disguising what lay in front of team, dozens of heavily armed guards with scowls on thier faces
_ make sure they dont get out! Chong radioed ' if you see them open fire! i will not have intruders sneaking aboard my ship and freeing my prisoners! I'll bet  a box of doughnuts that damned wizard is behind this somehow.."
-
this is a contest, girl ' Li' ella replied " not a driving school ' She grinned as she took the leag again.
_  Thatrs good little brother ' Kopa nodded' the guard serves as muich needed eyes and ears on the borders. so since we are here. you can ask for sometrhing from our travels. So long as its reasonable. i'm not dragging back a huge statue made to loook like you" He laughed." that goes for you too Nuka. what would you like?
_
 Luca smiled ' alright. Liplocks it is " she said leaning and covering Kitty's lips with her own. lucas paws held pn to kitty during the kiss which was more lingering  than the one she had shared in front of Tiger
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I want some new attire, I want to look more royal," Nuka declared. "It would make me seem more fancy," he said, looking at himself.

"Could you find me some training equipment?" Kion suggested, "To toughen myself up."

Kiara was taking the lead on her speeder. She had a natural inkling for fast movement, even on vehicles. "Eyes on the finish line.." she thought to herself.

Kitty felt Luca had improved, slightly, in kissing technique, "Nice try, I'm the one to take charge," she locked lips with the wolf lady. Tiger keeping them pinned limited their movement otherwise, however. So the kiss at the same time was basic, no kissing all over the face.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
alright, Nuka I'll get you some new attire. it will have to be from the next world we visit though. the same for your weights and strength programs KIon " kopa said ' i also need to get you a birthday present, yours is coming up.Anything in particular you want?"
_
 Luca grabbed on to kitty and began working her tongue deep into the cats mouth, moaning slightly as she did so. the kissing and breast touching was a distraction from the 300 pound weight pinning their lower bodies to the ground, and Luca felt her back legs starting to fall asleep under the weight.
-
 so which sect of Ozai do you follow ? ' kovu asked sima as they sat ' I'm an underking follower ' sima said ' we believe that ozai lives in the middle of the  planet, in an ornate dark palace. all lazy or bd souls go there to be judged.'
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Hmm.....a new couch for me and the Guard's base," Kion suggested to his older brother, "We'll need a big one."

"Normally, I'd say its the romantic gesture that's making me feel numb, but here it's probably being pinned under Tiger," Kitty giggled, her legs also asleep. She licked her tongue around Luca's lips as she was getting a bit sleepy herself.

"What target do you want me to hit next, father?" Jing asked, with a collection of fireworks.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mr. Bigmouth tossed a fragmentation grenade behind himself as he slammed the door to the emergency exit tunnel shut. Almost immediately, gunfire erupted around them as the guards fired at the invisible group that opened the door.

The Saurolophus grunted as a bullet slammed into his chest. He pulled the projectile out of his ballistic vest and got his magnetic launcher ready.

"Scatter and take out as many as you can!" Mr. Bigmouth ordered.

"Good call." Prince Ryo Kou drew his sword and crept behind a passenger shuttle.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we need to get out of here before i lose all feeling in my extremities' Hang on to something " luca faced Toger as best she could , opened her mouth and let forth a blast of ice cold wind it took a few minutes but finally the big, sleeping cat rolled away from the two girls. Luca moaned in irritation. her legs  were completely asleep. "Your guy needs to cut his weight by a ton, seriously, like half" Luca said to Kitty ' i cant feel anything in my back legs,  I'm going to need help getting back to my room so i can sleep>'  She leaned in and Gave Kitty a good night kiss on the lips " still i had fun, all things considered ' Thanks for inviting me> i;d be up for going something like this again, but it will have to wait until I get all the feeling back in my legs, which might be a couple of days. Have a  good night Kitty' Luca said I'll see you around."
 luca crawled out of the room, then  Luca reached into her garments and pulled out a contact device Tigeress had given her.  The device was geared towards the magical frequency the rings wwere set at.' Tigeress? its me Luca.. I um.. am in a bit of a pickle ' Luca said as she dragged herself down the hallway ' What happened? Tigeress said ' you go partying and get some creeps phone number?" no, no,  well the thing is I went with Kitty and Tiger to hang with them, and to make a long story short, while hanging out with Kitty, Tiger fell asleep and land on top of both of us. Tigeress the guy has got to weigh at least 350 pounds. Nice guy, but more than a bit on the ' very hefty' side So , i need help getting back to the room. Could you come and get me? I dont think i can drag myself the whole way there. I know its very late and you're tired from getting all the refugees out, and I'm very sorry for this, but I wouldnt contact like this, if i didnt need help."
 Don;t worry Luca, I'll be right there Tigeress said. It will just take a couple minutes, just find a bench or something you can sit down on , or crawl on.
_ Consider it done " kopa replied to KIon " i'll let you pick out the couch colors as well. Now I dont know where Kiara is. if I had to guess, she;d either in the convention room getting ready for bed, or out shopping, one of those two.
_
 Kovu yawned, as he looked at Sima : well i think its time go get some sleep " i've had a long day " the black maned prince said.
-
 We ned to keep our invisibility as lomng as possibl;e " nick said " wbhich means, no shooting at them until its necessary'"  They know we're here Nick" ember said ' We have no choice but to fight now." We are on the other side of the ship from when we entered. Which means we neeed to get back to the other siddee as quick as possible
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Phoenix)

There was banging and shouting as the remnants of the squad that had been chasing the group forced burst out of the emergency exit passageway.

The gunfire had died down as the guards did not want to risk hitting their allies.

As Prince Ryu Kou crept behind one of the ships, he noticed two guards facing them. He saw Ms. Swimmer approaching the second guard and raised a hand. Ms. Swimmer nodded and when he lowered his hand, the two struck.

Prince Ryo Kou's ran his guard through with his sword and swiftly took his head off with a single swipe. Ms. Swimmer simply strangled her guard, taking advantage of her saurian size and strength.

She beckoned for the others to follow her. Mr. Bigmouth covered their escape by setting off a smoke grenade under one of the ships in hope that they'd think one of the ships had caught fire.

---------------------

(Spire of Winter)

A shuttlecraft dispatched from the Spire had landed in the vehicle bay. They had picked up two Vaalbaran scientist-diplomats to speak with Stripetail and Captain Carson. Both of them were clad in an armored humanoid suit.

The two walked into the Winterville Inn and knocked on Stripetail's door.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
stripetail opened the door and smiled as he saw the two vaalbaran diplomats" please do come in." he motioned to a pair of seats in his room 'Have a seat. I am Lord Stripetail, and will be happy to help you and your people establish relations with other planets, and other diplomatic ties."
_
AS nick ran after them. he was hit in the side with a blast of magic which sent him sprawling on the ground. the powerful magic tore through the blanket of invisibility provided by the vrbracelet, rendering Nick's form visible, although it did not return him to normal. Nick hissed in pain, as the magic ate away at the bracelet on his wrist. Once it ate completely through, he would be completely visible and vulnerable to attack.

Chong stepped forward his staff pointed at Nick and his face full of fury ' so, coward, I have caught you, and your friends. did you really think you could sneak aboard MY ship, free MY prisoners and then sneak off without me knowing? if you did, then you're a total idiot. So, exactly how did you manage to find those magic bracelets?" Chong said in a cold voice,  demanding and imperious. Nick slowly got to his feet, turned and faced Chong, blood trickling down his face. 'YOUR ship Chong? YOUR Ship?" Nick drew the  long sword he had bought from the  weapons smuggling vendor, and pointed it at the wizard. It glowed bright blue, as enchanted weapons from that world did when enemies were near. . 'Don';t make me laugh. " You DARE challenge me?" Chong said incredulous at this human challenging him with a sword"Of course I challenge you, you twit. Come on Chong, use that brain of yours" Nick taunted "the parts that doesn't involve  torturing prisoners, or creating food unfit for consumption by sentient beings. Yes, your cooking still sucks, if anything, you've gotten worse
 NICK? hissed Chong ' Congrats you put 2 and 2 together. you want a cookie?" nick spat back.  Chong drew a sword out of midair, it glowed bright green, and surges of violent energy radiated up his blade."Fine. If it is a duel you want, that I will be happy to oblige you. consider it as your last request. after I'm done with you Nick, i'll send the squirrel your head, and turn the rest of you into hamburger patties!' Chong rushed at Nick with a scream
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Spire of Winter)

"Thank you for assisting us in our time of need, Lord Stripetail," the first diplomat said. It took a seat on the nearby chair.

"As for trade routes, our infrastructure has suffered severe damage. To say nothing of the ecosystem. However, there are still some areas that are relatively unharmed and we believe that tourism might be an attraction," the other diplomat said.

--------------------

(Phoenix)

A few of the upper-ranked soldiers with Chong stepped back as their commander began his duel with Nick. The soldiers in question wore goggles instead of the clear visors the other ones wore.

It was when the squad leader spoke that the rest of Nick's group knew they had been seen. "Attention! You have been spotted! Surrender now or we shall use deadly force."

"Damn it!" Mr. Bigmouth muttered. "Looks like the bracelets don't hide infrared." He turned to his group. "Keep the bracelets on. If we take out the soldiers wearing those goggles, we'll have the upper hand!"

Tyrell nodded and drew a sword from his belt. "Let's do this!"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Tourism, is always an option." Stripetail nodded. ' ancient ruins, or natural features, will draw a crowd. the more that know of it and visit, the more money you can draw from that and rebuild. this is, naturally, one piece of the puzzle, it is not a silver bullet by itself." stripetail Said.
_
 Spyro and Cynder let  fly attacks of fire and shadow at the nearest guards. screams indicated both attacks had found their targets.  Cynder grabbed one of the guards and picked him up off the ground. spyro was pummeling the other with his claws, and in the process doing a number of the guards face.
_
 sparks flew as nick's blade collided with Chongs,  and the pair traded frenetic blows, with chong using his staff to block some of Nicks thrusts, and Nick using the shield Bigmouth had given to parry chongs thrust. both had gotten blows in, Nick had swiped at CHongs leg abnd CHong had gotten a hit on Nick's shoulder. Nick trued to bullrush chong with his shield, but was forced back with a magic blast from, CHongs Staff " you're not bad with a blade, Nick, but you have no magical ability whatsoever. So you have no shot against me." really Chong? Doesn't matter how powerful a mage you are, if someone cuts off your head, thats it. You're still mortal after all. Do you know just how much money your head is worth? 30 billion dollars Chong, enough that a line of people will risk life and limb so that you lose both. People will risk a lot for that sort of dough." Nick said, swing his blade, only to have chong block  it with a magical shield.Is that why you came Nick? to get even with me?" chong said , bitterness in his voice. " you've treated me like crap for years Chong, you had to figure I'd want to get even some day.' and getting me put in prison - twice no less- was not enough? ' Chong snapped,  parrying another of Nick's thrust, and screamed as Nick scored a hit on his left arm.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Prince Ryu Kou smiled as he watched Nick duel with Chong. He had to admit, this man had impressed him. He crept behind a guard who was preparing to aim at Ms. Swimmer and with one swift sword stroke, took his head off.

Tyrell cast Protect, encasing his allies in a shimmering reddish shield. He prepared to use his strongest spell, Pyroclasm. Already, there was a glowing red spot on the floor of the hangar.

"Tyrell!" Ms. Swimmer shouted. "We can't do too much damage to his ship!"

He snorted and drew his sword. A shriek emanated from the weapon as it glowed a blinding white. He charged the nearest soldier and swung his sword, producing an explosion that reduced its target to a smoking pile of ash.

Mr. Bigmouth took cover behind a ship as he loaded a fresh magazine into his magnetic rifle. Thanks to the elite guards who had joined with the ordinary guards, his group was perfectly visible...and were currently being shot at.

A massive thunderclap sounded, filling the air with the scent of ozone as Karis unleashed her strongest psynergy, Spark Plasma. Amiti followed up with Megacool, entombing the survivors of Karis's attack in a massive crystal of ice.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
fortunately for Spyro and Cynder, their magic armor, protected them from the bullets being fired at the them by chongs guards.,  the pair relatied with magic combos of ice and poision, earth and winds, and fireballs from their rings. light and sound filled the  hangar, as the guards and dragons fought. the powerful dragon couple were starting to gain the upper hand
_
 Chong swung his blade at Nick's neck trying to behead him, but Nick was saved by Saba which unsheathed itself and parried the blow by shooting red lasers from its eyes and stopping Chong's blade from finding its target, it stopped inches from nicks neck.  Chong blinked in surprise, and it was the split second Nick needed, to attack. With a primal scream he swung his blade, and the force of  the swing was so great, it split Chong's sword in two, and the broken  sword fell from Chongs hand.  he stumbled back, falling to the ground in a heap. Nick, stopped forward to collect the broken sword and put the pieces into a lining in his coat.
 Chong slowly got to his feet and drew another blade from his robes ' ANOTHER sword. Geez, Chong how many blades do you have?" Nick said " You have two blades Nick, you dont see me complaining about that. Especially since one drew itself to stop me chopping your head off clean at the skull. If you do survive this encounter- a VERY big if, but I'll humor you- you'll be writing a ton of ' thanks for saving my neck' cards to that sword . And in your case, it  would be quite literal.' Chong said 'this blade is made of enchanted ice from Goilinth, a world of ice that rivals diamond for hardness. you break this sword- and well if you break THIS sword, you're a damn fine swordman-  I'll concede defeat."
 Chong then charged back into the fray, this time using both magic and blade to go after NIck, and slice him at his weak points
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: