The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5636 · 344508

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we need to head back to the temple' Agumon said, after trying to clear a path with fireballs, and having absolutely no luck. ' come on guys'  he sighed.' its really REALLY  Cold' Skylands shivered, Warfang, Spyro and tigress has their armor on, which was protecting them from the worst of the cold.  The group slowly made their way back towards the temple, the whiteout conditions made seeing more than a little bit in front impossible, even with the  armored trio activating thier glow armor features. finally, tigeress spotted the temple that they had been in previously .' Thee it is . Everyone inside! quickly" the purple wolf said.
_
 Tonfon
 the sreets of the city wre now rivulets from the sheer amounts of water falling on them, and it forced the defenders to retreat to the buildings that were on higher ground, mostly the stone buildings that were intact" the injured tonfonese were moved into a number of the court rooms,  soon filled from those seeking shelter from the storm. Kopa lead the lions inside and took off his helmet,  taking in deep breaths as he took a seat on a bench. Gabuna, Dixie Agumina, Stitch and Angel were in another pew. While ratchet, Clank, and angela, were   trying to come up with a plan ' i could go on Gadgetron and buy  more weapons for everyone' Ratchet was saving " the delivery fees would make that a very expensive endeavor Ratchet. Several milion bolts according to my calculations:
_ I'm reallty tired ' Ember moaned as she tried to warm her claws over a fire pit set up in the middle of the room.' And we neeed food ' Tiger said, with a scowl as he took off his helmet " wheres the wizard when we need him?"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We're lucky there's still places here we can take refuge in," Kiara said as she took her helmet off. "This place is a nightmare. I hope we can get everyone off this planet that we can," the future queen of the Pride Lands acknowledged.

"This is so awesome," the bloated Oliver grinned as he and his friends sat in the theater to watch the latest feline kung fu movie the orange cat wanted to see.

"I've never seen this series before," Ollie said.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(Tonfon, Weyard)

The starship hull plates that had been sunk into the ground along with the trenches carved by the miners had helped divert some of the water away from the town. Even so, the miners opted to fall back and fortify the palace, which was the highest and most fortified part of town.

To help stave off the intense chill, some portable electric heaters were brought out from the shuttles they had managed to land on the palace's roof.

"Eat up," the mining crew leader said, passing out sealed packets of dried rations and water. "We'll be here a while."

-------------------

(Endless Wall, Tonfon)

The blizzard howled around them as Ms. Swimmer used her magic staff to seal up the entrance with some boulders just as everyone got in.

It was an attempt to keep the snow and bitter cold wind out of the dilapidated structure. Even so, the wind whistled through the cracks in the stone walls.

Tyrell swore softly. "Great, now what!?" He kicked a pebble that bounced off an ancient altar.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Young spyro, pulled up a table and pulled out his collection of Skystones " you girls want to play/' he asked  Dulcy, Ember and Korin who were seated at a nearby  bench row' Sure, we can have a little tournament' Korin said. "i get winner of Spyro and Ember' Dulcy said. ' Well, we need to know the rules first' Ember said " well you see how each stone has a certain number of spikes on it. lets say my stone has one spike, going to the right. now lets say you have a stone that has 2 spikes going to the left, that you put down. well your stone  would beat and turn my stone, giving it to you, abnd giving you 2 stones to my 0. now there are 9 spaces on the board here, and once all are full, the person with a higher score wins. the highest possible score is 9-0, but  i dont recall anyone ever controlling all 9. in practice 8-1 is the highest score' Young spyro said. ' normal winning scores are 5-4 or 6-3." what  is this fireball thing on this stone?" Ember asked ' oh, thats an element. sometimes the spaces have symbols of elements on them,  and your stone has to match that symbol on the space, otherwise it breaks and you  cant attack any other stones. it also takes up a space, meaning the score needed to win is lower so if the space is a fire element, your stone had better have that element on there as well." young spyro said, as Gabumon and tiger  came up to them ' boys against girls? tiger said. I'll keep score Gabuna said ' you can be on the boys team' Korin said ' winning team, gets dinner of their choice. tournament winner gets ice cream of their choice.'  its 3 on 5' Gabumon said.' why am i on the boys team? gabuna said. as scooby and dixie came up to them. '' hey guys. what would you all like for dinner?' Dixie said pulling out a list ' scooby has a few mawashiian size  food supplies. we have chicken, turkey or hot dogs." " I want  hot dogs' ember said , raising her claw." hot dogs sound good ' Gabuna saod as Young spyro passed out stones to Ember who looked through them.' you can go first ' He grinned, as Scooby passed out hot dogs (which wee huge) to the team.
_
 outside the storm increased in intensity , filing the town with water, outside of the high parts of the city , Tonfon was now a lake, and it was getting worse by the minute.
_
 Alchemy Forge
Stripetail reached into the forge and  pulled the now reforged Westernesse blade out with a pair of gloves. the tip of the blade glowed white-hot, and stripetail then quenched it into a bucket he had created nearby. the water evaporated upon contact, and the blade quickly cooled. stripetail made a couple swings with the blade, feeling  for its balance and  compactness' the steam formed into an image of Tarrax ' master" the image began. ' lava golems are attacking Tonfon, we are running low on supplies, and if that were not enough, we are also being hit by a monsoon, which has flooded most of the city. i consider the defense of Tonfon to be untenable."" Freeze the water with ice, or evaporate it with fire." it is full scale hurricane master, and we simply do not have the supplies for it, food is low, ammo is almost gone, and there are literally hundreds of lava golems attacking Tonfon from 2 sides." stripetail sighed ' i'm currently forging weapons for the Omniderate, i've  repaired both swords Nick gave me, and have forged a blade for Captain Carson as well " a tremor shook the area, causing the  blue aura of the Forge to slosh around like water in a bath tub. ' just hold on for a few hours m, i'll be done with my sword-making, and i'll come see how bad the situation is.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Tonfon, Weyard)

Thanks to the previous earthquakes, the roof of the palace now allowed the  rain to filter in, drenching the survivors. Granted, the miners were still wearing their armor...which were running low on power and would soon have to be recharged or else they became dead weight.  

"How long can we hold out?" a miner asked as he ate his dried rations.

Another miner looked at the door that visibly bowed with the howling winds. "I'd say we evacuate before the floodwaters get here but..."

She was cut off by the booming of nearby thunder. "The storm's too intense. Flying out of here is far too dangerous."

The miner sighed and looked at the display on his wrist that indicated how much battery power was left in his suit.

Sizzling and rumbles from outside indicated that the golems were now hurling chunks of lava at the palace. Thankfully, being magical constructs, they lacked the intelligence truly coordinate an assault...and know that there was a shield protecting the city. As it were, they were throwing blobs of lava mostly at random in the direction of the palace. The ones that came close were vaporized by the shield.

"Let's hope Captain Carson or Stripetail get here soon or we're truly f---ed," the first miner said as he shook some water droplets off his rations packet.

---------------------

He knew it was a near suicidal act but it was a risk he needed to take. He carefully rowed his boat across the lake that was once the plains between Tonfon and Kaochao. Wind and rain lashed at him as he struggled to keep his boat from capsizing. Only his natural affinity with Mercury psyenergy kept him from drowning.

But even so, the Mercury Adept pushed on. He had been dispatched by King Wo himself to find help.

He carefully rowed past the lava golems which were too focused on bombarding the palace and the shields to notice him.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the rain dripped through the opening, and  splashed on the floor  in puddles. buckets were soon placed underneath the open areas, and the constant clabnging of water hitting the metal buckets soon became very annoying. Kovu had lit a fire  in a fire pit in the middle of room to keep at klleast some of the area warm, and thee was a great crowd gathered around it trying to stay warm. Spyro and Ember played 2 games of Skystones, both won by spyro, by 7-2 and 6-3 scores. Dulcy rotates in for her turn, looking for something to keep her mind off of the storm raging outside, and the slowly wirsening situation they found themselves in "  we'll need to seal up the cracks in the roof ' Kopa said as the din of the falling water was audible' any Volunteers? we need to stay dry as much as possible, and we need to keep this building together as much as possible." Laval and Eris raised thier claws ' we can help. ' Eris said "Putting chi orbs into the stone will repair the cracks and damages." unfortunately we didnt bring much Chi with us, so we'll have to be resourceful with what we have.' Laval Why not seal the openings ' with ice?'  Tiger asked. "because ice will melt if its warm enough' Eris replied. " plus putting ice into a crack actually makes the crack worse as ice forces the stone apart
_
Winterville Inn.
 Mona And Flash were on ' food -getting duty at the theater , as Kitty had ordered hot dogs for all 5 of them (oliver got 2 ) and the pair were walking back with a tray of food and drinks on their backs. " at least Olivers slowly getting back to a normal Size" Mona sighed " and  we made a lot of money' Flash grinned as they returned to thier seats
_
 FORge
_
  Stripetail began forging blades using his own magic to sped up the process. blade after white hot blade was set doen next to the Forge, and it almost looked like an armory. stripetail paused for a few moments to wait out a tremor then began work on his last blade.
-
 Tarrax took flight off of the top of the  palace roof, where he was keeping watch. as he flew over the flooded town ' bright lights flashed from the shield vaporizing debris from the now multitude of golems. the town was surrounded on two sides by the petrified forms of  defeated golems and it made a eerie scene. as Tarrax made a turn tiwards the northern part of the city, he noticed a small boat battling against the waves, which was getting worse as worse.  Tarrax broke throuh the barrier and flew  toewards the area where the boat was " Hold on!' He called to the occupant.' i'm coming to assist."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Thanks for the treat," Ollie said to Kitty as he began to eat his hot dog. Like any carnivore, the small cat appreciated having meat meals. He chewed it using proper table manners. Oliver was easily eating the two he had been given.

"Two are better than one, thank you," Oliver smiled, Kitty having been employed by Arlene to be Oliver's maid.

"Good call on the fire," Kiara said to Kovu, warming up by it.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Outer Tonfon, Weyard)

The Mercury Adept was barely able to hear a voice over the roaring wind and waves but regardless, he held on.

Swearing softly as his boat nearly capsized, he unleashed his psyenergy to freeze some of the waves that pounded his boat to make him visible to his mysterious rescuer.

-------------------------

(Tonfon Palace, Weyard)

Even with the fire and the electric heaters at full blast, the wind and rain that howled in through the damaged roof made for a miserable experience.

Small explosions echoed through the palace as the miners used modified harpoon guns to fire attachment points into the ceilings and walls. Several additional workers using miniaturized lifts and exoskeletons designed for use inside cramped mine shafts were attaching metal straps and plates to the attachment points fired into the ceilings and walls to both reinforce the building and seal the cracks that were letting in the wind and rain.

-------------------------

(Endless Wall, Weyard)

Karis and Tyrell ate some of their Kaochao buns as they sat on an ancient pew. Ms. Swimmer was sitting on an equally battered prayer rug and her eyes were closed in meditation.

Karis shivered slightly at the cold air. Her affinity with Jupiter psyenergy or the air element gave her resistance to low temperatures but not outright immunity like Tyrell's affinity with Mars.

The Mars adept glowered at the stone walls as if demanding that the storm raging outside cease. "Damn it! When will we be able to get moving!?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Endless Wall
 Its going to be awhile, unfortunately ; Tigeress said, that blizzard isnt letting up, at all. we have no choice but to wait it out." she sighed ' does abnyone have a game of some kind that we can play to pass the time?" Spyro paused as he took a seat on a rickety bench. ' well we could play that stones game Young spyro and Skylands are found of. " i didnt bring my skystones with me ' Skylands replied. Ah, drat' tigeress said taking a seat next to her." then i'll settle for food then."
_
Ember warmed herself by the fire, as Eris flew past her  carrying wood to help seal up the cracks in the roof. already they was patched about two-thirds of the roof, and water was getting in as a lower clip. the room was, thusly warming up..
_
Tarrax  saw the flash of magic as the waves on the water below him changed to a shuimmering bright blue. the mage had frozen the water while he was on the crest of a wave so his boat was now suspended out of the water tarrax swooped down and sretched forth his huge claws, with seized the boat ( and its occupant0 and pulled it out of the iced-over water with a crunch. ' just stay low" tarrax boomed to" the wind wont as be as bad if you do that. Lord Tarrax, at your service. You must be coming to King wo, judging from your  clothing. Has he finally seen reason, or are you doing this without your sovereign's knowledge?' Tarrax asked as he made his way towards Tonfon, which was visible thanks the periodic bursts of light as the golem threw materials at the shield, only to have it vaporized. " i will take you to the royal palace, so you can deliver your message ; Tarrax said.
_
 ratchet and Clank had the holonet out, to check up on how things were going back to Solona. they were currently watching an advertisement for one of the arenas. " sweat out out your frustrations, by surviving a gauntlet of death! If you're crazy  for carnage, desperate for drama, and  delight in destruction, the Solona Arena is the place for you!  Note please contact  your doctor and/ or next of kin before signing up for the Arena. The arena is not  liable for the manner of death you endure in the arena." Why dont they buy some deodorant, if they sweat so much?' kovu said ' Because whether they smell is not among the top 10 things they are worried about. staying alive is reasons 1-10' Ratchet said. ' still, do you think creating something for them, so they dont reek as much, could make me some money/ Kovu asked. ' like, cologne, for instance.i even have a couple names for them. ' hmm. might be a market for it ' ratchet said
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Tonfon, Weyard)

"Thank you my lord," the Mercury Adept said. He held onto his cap as the wind threatened to tear it off his head and fling it into the skies.

---------------

Most of the miners present had taken off their exoskeletons thanks to them running out of power. As electricity was limited and only available from the reactors aboard the shuttlecraft that had landed on the roof, they had snaked power cables into the building to provide some measure of comfort.

Even so, the conditions were still unpleasant.

One of the miners, wearing only the black undersuit that allowed interfacing with the exoskeleton tossed a large law book into the campfire that was slowly dying out.

"Food?" another miner asked, holding up a bag of what looked like dried fruit.

---------------

(Endless Wall, Weyard)

Tyrell snorted. "In that case, I'm going to sleep. I'll need all the energy I can get."

He lay down on the hard wooden pew and used his pack as a pillow.

Karis took out another Kaochao dumpling and offered it to Tigeress.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"That's my Kovu," Kiara grinned, going over to him, "Always one with the mind for marketing and promotion. That's why you'll be a great king back home."

"I think I'm getting back to normal size," Oliver said as he felt his body taking up less seats in the movie theater.  "Thanks for bringing me here," he told Kitty and the wolves.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Tigeress gratefully took the dumpling, , and began munching on it. ' we've gotten ourselves into quite a jam, thats for sure." she sighed as she munched on the food.
_
 Arlene was finishing up her shift at the food stand with Nick and kerzach. she was tired and hungry from the rush of feeding the refugees all day and she also needed to get in touch with Scooby and Dixie. In addition to letting Arlene and Oliver live with them at the mansion, Scooby and Dixie gave Arlene $10,000 each month to help support and raise Oliver, as the bulk of Arlenes money from the Laffalympics was tied up in  keeping the cartoon studios open, she really had very little money  to herself to help raise Oliver.  it was  the time of the month for the Doos to give her her stipend, and Arlene was going to remind them of that.  Arlene wasnt a pushy type naturally, and  Scooby and dixie were good  at keeping their promises, so there was never any strain between them over money Arleme actually had thought about  asking for a little more each month, like $1000 more, as Oliver was getting older.
_
 (Palace)
 a blinding flight suddenly  appeared in the middle of the room, and  an instant later ' Stripetail appeared carrying a sackful of freshly made  swords and weapons. the seer looked around at the puddles on the floor" well, this place is rather a mess, but it cant be helped ' the squirrel sighed and he set the blades down on a pew,  before turning to look around at the  group gathered in the room . ' Status report' He said in a calm, clear voice "  food, supplies, ammunition,  all the necessities' Stripetail said as he  seat by the fire ' Firari" he commanded and the fire  began to glow then 3  large fire balls  raised out of the pit then hovered in the air. this not only increased the light the fire was giving off, but it made the room more comfortable.
_
 Kovu came up to Stripetail after a few more minutes surfing the Holonet. " Er.. Stripetail? Could I have a word please?" the brown-furred lion requested " Stripetail motioned to a seat next to him. ' have a seat, Your highness " he said as Kovu took the proffered seat . ' whats on your mind?' "Well, I was actually hoping for a raise. We have been doing a lot of dangerous work, under very intense pressure.' That's called hazard pay, Kovu" Stripetail said ' Hazard pay is separate, I'm talking standard pay. I know  that is ultimately your call, but I think I deserve  it. ' You,  alone, or just the lions, or group-wide?" Stripetail said, giving the prince a look. " while I do do requests on pay, normally there needs to be a strong reason behind it, for example, you need more money, because you have children, or because your parents moved in , and you have to provide for them. Its also a matter of how much you ask for. Are you aware Kovu that I am currently  paying you, Kopa, Vitani and kiara, $10 million a year each? Did you actually read your contract?" Well, er, could I give you an amount first? Kovu  asked ' Very well, How much do you want?"Stripetail said. "$10 million?" Kovu said ' Lump sum." Stripetail pulled out a  scroll from  mid air and began scrolling down the figures that were on the scrolls. he finally stopped midway.' hmm. Very well. I'll pay it to you in 10 installments.Anything else?" Well, I had an idea, for a cologne. To make you smell better. I was thinking about selling them in Ratchet's area, to earn some money, and to bump up, my, ahem, profile. i mean, I love my position, the coalition I'm in, all the ladies that flock to me' Kovu grinned broadly. ' but I'd like to increase my fame outside my pride." ' What you do with your money is your own affair ' Stripetail said ' You want to set up a line of  Kovu underwear, or Kovu nightlights, or a chain of Kovu food places, thats up to you. ' although ' eat off of my face' might have a double meaning, if we land on a world of cannibals  and meat eaters" stripetail said.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 02:57:42 PM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Tonfon, Weyard)

"What ammunition?" one of the mining crew replied. He was clad in just his black undersuit that allowed him to interface with the mining exoskeleton. "We used it all to fend off those lava golems."

He gestured to several other members of the group huddled around electric heaters. "We have food and water along with electricity in ample supply thanks to the shuttlecraft's survival kits."

"The lava flows have mostly been diverted but we were unable to route floodwaters around the entire city. The most we were able to do was fortify the palace." An explosion was heard as one of the work crew fired a harpoon into a stone wall and began attaching metal straps to reinforce it."

-----------------

(Endless Wall, Tonfon)

"Perhaps Tyrell has a point," Ms. Swimmer said as she got up from her meditations. "Maybe we should rest until the storm subsides."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
continue fortifying the palace, and  mop up, as much water as possible' stripetail said getting up from his seat. ' we are now on a island, for all practical purposes, but that cannot be helped. ' Gabuna came up to Stripetail ' could you possibly whip us up some food. I've been eating some of the ration they have been passing out, and er.. i'd likely something more filing. 'Gabumon and the others gathered arounf the Skystone table all agreed. " stripetail paused , then turned to one of the miners ' bring forth some of your rations, so i can turn them into  more food for everyone.' one of the miners tossed him a package, which stripetail priompted tossed into the air. stripetail's paw s glowed, and the rationed package vanished empty benches rose up from the ground and turned over, creating impromptu tabkes. on top of these tabkes appeared white linens, and  which were soon covered in trays of delicious, pipping hot food. turkeys, mashed potatoes, steak, both grilled, and fried, pizzas,ravoilis, and shish kabobs. on a nearby table, drinks manifested bowls of lemonade, punch, and a number of ciders appeared,  and thee was alcohol for those who wanted something a little harder.  all of this gave off a nearly overwhelming aroma to those gathered around the fire' everyone, gather around the table, and take what you like, there is plenty for all. Dessert will come afterward' stripetail said' Just form a  line near the judges bench. and wait for your turns please." He said. laval tried to sneak a drumastick, and but was stopped by Eris " get in line laval. no cutting.' Eris said, as she flew around to help organize a line.
_
 Tarrax flew into the shield  surrounding the city, his magic protecting the boat  and his passenger from any harm. he broke through after a few seconds, and made his way towards the only lighted house left in the entire town, which was the palace where the rest of his group was located. Tarrax flew through an open window and made his way into the main court room, setting down the emmisary's boat, as he landed ' " an emissary from King Wo, Master" he announced, as he stepped away. ' he has come with a message." He motioned to the mercury  adept. " go on. You may speak freely."
_ Endess wall. "
 ' Sleep it is then. hopefully when we get up. the storm will have passed ' Spyro said. One or two of us should stand watch. ' I'll do it Skylands offered. ' i will too ' Agumon raised his claw.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The miners eagerly lined up as they were happy to be eating something other than freeze-dried catfish jerky, dehydrated vegetables and hardtack.

Captain Carson's voice came through on Stripetail's radio but instead of being clear as usual, it was very staticky and distorted. "Stripetail," she said. "Vaalbara's magnetic field is starting to affect that of Weyard. Radio communications may be affected."

When the Kaochaoan emissary stepped out of the boat, he looked around. All around him were both Humans and Beastmen of every possible descriptions. A bit of fear ran down his spine but he remained stoic.

The Mercury Adept cleared his throat. "King Wo has asked me to find help for Kaochao has been ravaged by earthquakes and volcanoes. We humbly seek your assistance."

A few of the miners glared at the Mercury Adept. The news about how King Wo treated the Amiti, Sveta and Stripetail's own group had spread quickly amongst the Spirarians. Nevertheless, they held their tongue.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
stripetail approached the envoy " Welcome envoy. I am Lord Stripetail.  Your king was right to send you here, as we are willing to help' He said, and motioned to an open place at table ' For now though, eat! I imagine your journey has been a perilous and lengthy one, and you are in need of  nourishment. I believe the row over there has an assortment of tea." Are you not going to mention, wizard,  that  the king  threatened us when we tried to raise this matter before? ' Tiger the wolf cut in, and Stripetail gave him a disapproving glance. ' a king comes to a decision when he is ready, Tiger, and not a moment before. Harrying and hurrying him, is  likely to be counterproductive, as kings do not like being directly told what to do. After all, they give orders, they do not take them." " but the others and I tried appealing to him based on common royalty, and we got nowhere' Kopa said as more and more rows flipped over to become table rows of food." Again, Kopa, King Wo was not yet ready to hear what you had to say. As I said earlier, kings must make up their minds in their own time. While this is obviously much later than we would have preferred, things could be worse. He could still be refusing to seek help, and refusing admittance to anyone I or Captain Carson might send, and there would be nothing we could really do about it." he then turned to the Envoy" How many remain in Kaocho, and where have they taken refuge?" he asked calmly.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Indeed it has, my lord," the Mercury Adept said with a bow. He took a seat at one of the tables. It was then that he noticed the rather sour looks that the miners were sending him. Regardless, he kept his composure and helped himself to some Tonfonese delicacies that the magical banquet conjured up.

"Much of the population has fled to the countryside or to the Ouroboros that lies under the city. The few that remain are rioting as we speak."

The envoy took a sip of steaming hot tea to warm his achy body.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Kaocho
 the palace guards were in  a desperate battle with the residents who were trying to get into the throne room, and have a ' word' with the king, who they had learned had refused aid prior to the disaster hitting them.  the  loud cries of battle echoed around the city, which was mostly in ruins, betwen the eartquakes and pockets of lava that had seeped through cracks in the walls.
-
" throne room
 then I will have to speak to the people, through magical means' Stripetail told the Envoy. 'i can bring them here, before sending them to refuges we have prepared for the other residents of Weynard.  I will address his Majesty through similar means. " excuse me for a few minutes.' He said getting up from his place near the envoy, and mobved into a corner of the room.
 Stripetail focused cast a spell on himself.
_
Kaocho
 in the sky outside of the palace , an image of Stripetail appeared ' people of Kaocho! lend me your ears for but a few moments' the magical image said " I am Lord stripetail. Your king's emissary has reached me and informed me of your plight, and I am willing to lend my assistance." Both the guards and the townpeople paused the fighting  to look at this strange sight ' then began to loudly complain to it ' My home has been destroyed!' Everyone else in Weynard has already left! " theres this big moon in the sky that gets bigger every day! "The king knew about this and refused to tell us!" My family is dead because of the king!" 'The King refuses to listen to anyone!" He hasnt paid me or my  fellow guards in weeks. Why should we die for him?"
 Now, Now! my good people!" Stripetail's image raised its paws in a calming fashion. ' Those of you still in the city, will be brought to me, and then  will be sent along to several sanctuaries on other worlds that have agreed to take in the people of Weynard, and care  and house them, until the planet that threatens you is no longer an imminent danger, and this world is safe enough to  return to.  

Which will be for some duration, I am afraid. the volcanism, and earthquakes have left their mark, and that is simply a matter that will have to be faced in its own time.  For now, however, cease these riots, take  your weapons, and head back to your homes and families,  gather all that is precious to you that you still possess, and return back to the center of town in the next 30 minutes. at that time, I will magic all of  you. yes, ALL of you, to me.  Guards, return to your posts for the time being, until the appointed half hour is up. tend to your injuries and resume your normal duties. " But what about the king?' one of the guards said " I will talk to the king' Stripetail's image said " much of what is said there must remain between him and I, as a king  must have those he can confide in. Those who have direct access to the king, inform him that help is on the way.  For now, gather your things, and then gather in the center of town ' Stripetail's image said
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The pitched battle immediately stopped. Despite the citizens using mostly farming and mining tools as weapons, there were still casualties sustained amongst the guards.

The warring factions took their injured away as both the rioters and guards dispersed. The guards took up their positions at the palace entrance and the rioters returned to their homes to gather their possessions.

------------------

Although King Wo's face was set in an icy scowl, his stony facade had begun to crack. His palms were damp and he had to keep wiping them with a cloth he had kept in his pocket for that very reason.

He turned to the nearest guard. "Have you driven back the rioters yet?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the fighting has stopped, for now , My King " replied one of the guards  said as he entered and wiped sweat off o his brow. " there is a  wizard who wishes an audience with you, Sire, a short one. shall I let him in? He says he is here to help>'

_
 Gabuna and alumna took seats next to Scooby, as they all tucked into the feast " this really hits the spot ' the peach  Agumon said, as she tried some kabobs. ' hows the steak? she asked her friend." Pretty good. a little red in the middle and tough around the edges. But when you are hungry, i suppose you overlook these little things." For me, food is food' Gabumon said as he munched on a plate of assorted treats " as long as it is edible and doesn't smell or taste bad, I'll eat it." " thats a guy thing though" Agumina said " We girls tend to be a bit more picky." "Scooby's not"  Dixie said. " he'll eat anything.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: