The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Star Fox 64

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Guess what everyone, the 3D remake of Star Fox 64 is out in the US!  So, let's talk about this game, shall we?

Just one question I have.  Why does everyone hate Slippy so much?  I don't. :) *puts up flame shield.* *wields anti-flame sword.*

Oh, and for those wondering, GT gave the remake a 7.8, while IGN gave it a 9.0.  Wow!  Quite a difference, huh? :)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
People have called this game for the 3DS A Reprint. not a remake. All the games that are out are reprints not remake. So Star Fox 64 for the 3DS is a Reprint not a remake. If it where a remake they would have added more stuff into it. All they did was make the color and graphics better. So it's a reprint. Looks good for a reprint tho. I loved the game. I played it all the damn time. with help I got all the badges,

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wouuld have prefered a new game.. this was just  tickering with a classic, nothing more.   But I guess Command di not do well enough to generate a sequel. I prefer console games to handheld anyway, but thats just me..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah I would have liked that also but maybe they didn't want to spend the money at making a new game or something..

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
peitrie, there hasn't been a star fox console game since Star Assault in 2004,. its past time for them, to come up with a new game and  new ideas. expand the team -add Katt Monroe to give the group more girls and more planes you have to keep track off. add longer missions- add more worlds you have to beat and for the love of all things sacred. Don't have the bad guy be andross or anyone related to him..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Sep 11 2011 on  08:10 AM
Just one question I have.  Why does everyone hate Slippy so much?  I don't. :) *puts up flame shield.* *wields anti-flame sword.*
I'm guessing it's the fact you have to save him all the time.

I'd also would of preferred a new starfox game, but Starfox64/Lylatwars is my favorite starfox game along with Starfox adventures, so I don't mind that it got remade.

I might pick this one up after I get the Ocarina of Time remake.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
if they were to remake SF Adventures, at least give krystal more to do than be a damsel in distress.. shes really barely in it at all..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Slippy is annoying the voice acting for Slippy is okay but just the voice is annoying. I love Falco. is my favorite characters.

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Sep 11 2011 on  12:55 PM
Slippy is annoying the voice acting for Slippy is okay but just the voice is annoying.
His voice made me think he was a girl

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
yes slippy's voice was annoying, which why hes the butt of all those jokes. they tried to make him less annoying in the other games, but weren't very succeful. falco is the ' loner guy of the group..hes the best shoioter, but Fox is the best pilot..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yes even tho Falco is kinda of mean and heartless he does care about his team mates. Witch is nice. Yeah I thought Slippy was a girl was well Nintendo. But I think it's a mans voice that played him.

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I already have this game on my wii so their is no need for me to get this. I'd rather just watch Youtube videos of this game and happily do barrel rolls on my virtual console version. ;)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah I don't need to buy it either since I can play on on my Nintendo64 emulator.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Sep 11 2011 on  01:47 PM
peitrie, there hasn't been a star fox console game since Star Assault in 2004,. its past time for them, to come up with a new game and new ideas. expand the team -add Katt Monroe to give the group more girls and more planes you have to keep track off. add longer missions- add more worlds you have to beat and for the love of all things sacred. Don't have the bad guy be andross or anyone related to him..
They should also bring back Miyu, Fay and Fara and yes, they should give Krystal a bigger role seeing as she doesn't do much in the games she's in(I'm not counting Star Fox Command, that game was horrible).

@Nintendoofah64: That's exactly the reason. Hell, there are times when I'm so fed up with Slippy that I find myself deliberately trying to shoot him down.

Even Krystal hates Slippy, in SF Assualt, during the ground missions. There will be times where Krystal will fire a few shots at Slippy's arwing(There's even footage of it on Youtube)

@Petrie85: Or off of the Wii Virtual Console.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
good ideas belmont.. i agree..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Nah I don't have much Money.I like the free way. Saves me a 8.00 for it.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Command ' Girl tean scenario' could be marged with the guys (Foc, Dalco and Slippy. so Star Fox would have 6 members..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I did like Bill tho. He was the guy from the Independence Day Level where you fight the Mother Ship.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
hes in a couple of levels in the game.. Solar is another one..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: