News:

Author Topic: Outcut land before time scenes  (Read 109999 times)

StardustSoldier

• Member+
    • View Profile
Re: Outcut land before time scenes
« Reply #680 on: August 27, 2019, 03:28:47 PM »
A disclaimer that none of this is meant as an accusation against landbt specifically, but I would like to chime in with my thoughts about the uncut version.

An uncut/extended release is one of those "I'll believe it when I see it" things. I just don't think it was ever released in any form or capacity, at least not publicly. Keep in mind that the film was already edited down by the time it arrived in theatres. If certain home copies of the film had been released afterwards which contained deleted/extended scenes, then surely someone would've come forward with their copy of the missing footage, and/or they would've found some way to archive it for other fans.

I have seen several comments elsewhere online from people who think they saw extended/alternate versions of the film as kids, but human memory is not always reliable. I would like to use this opportunity to link to this article about the Mandela Effect. That, and when people say they watched a version of the film which contained extra footage, I notice that each time, the copy of the film that supposedly contained this footage no longer seems to be available or accessible.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 04:06:59 PM by StardustSoldier »

landbt

• Ruby
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 29, 2019, 04:03:44 AM »
Yea, for me its more the fact I just specifically remember the versions being different when I was a kid before I ever knew there was this debate about deleted scenes and such. Ultimately the burden of proof is on the person claiming to have seen it and prove it with the video though.

As a side note to the no longer available or accessible comment do keep in mind this film is 30 years old and many people would have replaced a lot of their media from that time with dvd's or digital content. I only mentioned the BetaMax as a suggestion as I know it was something we used to watch movies on and maybe was a format people here hadn't looked up before. I don't have a betamax player and I certainly don't want to spend a lot of money sourcing one of those old machines just to see if there's  anything on the old beta tapes I have. Unless anyone knows a place to source a super cheap BetaMax player.

StardustSoldier

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 29, 2019, 12:17:12 PM »
Well regardless, I still hope something turns up someday.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 06, 2019, 03:51:29 PM »
ducky making faces to get it's attention was in the version I watched as well. There may have been some other smaller details but those are the two I definitely remember being different.
Oh wow I didn't even realize this was missing, but apparently it is. Do you have any memory of this scene happening after petrie climbs back up? For me that's the "proof" I have, since I was remembering this scene before I stumbled on this cel. And nobody had posted it here either.