The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Challenge

Nick22 · 247 · 36559

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
A image appears this time being a live feed "Don't worry mammal sorceror, sorceress can be stubborn it has happened on our world before. I knew about this before it happened, our great book of Replian told me so. I will take her off your hands and deal with the teenage stubborniness myself. She will be vanishing from your senses right about now. Allo will bring her to our world. We will meet" the screen then shuts off and just is it did Stripetail senses on Dirah just went blank and the shattered staff disappeared just like that.

Minister looked at Stripetail "I am very confused here... this type of thing is really got my head swimming"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stripetail frowned. "Dirah is in no mood to be reasoned with. She will find that out the hard way. She will likely send her back here in disgust.She doesn't know Dirah like I do"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(once again, story development. I intend Dirah to eventually come around on her own, and not have it be forced on her. This allows for development of character. Plucking her out of her huff and sending her over there, well, its a slippery slope, we had too much interdimensional mingling in our previous stories, and that is why I prefer they be kept to a minimum, or at least wait until we've have 25-30 pages under our belts.)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(understood scape what I did then)

"Alright but it next to impossible, only Wayne and her been found with it" Minister told Stripetail.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
" i know, But dirah's powers are decreasing, intentionally, i suspect. She's forgetting her ZPE powers. At this rate in a few years, her powers will be all but gone. You need to try to find someone more amenable, more willing to serve in the role of sorceress, and work with you and Wayne. Right now, Dirah isn't, and trying to fiorce her into working with you won't work" Stripetail replied.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"But this happens only once every 100 generations only two appear a male and a female Dinoton. there is no more that able too..." Minister told Stripetail "there is only Dirah and Wayne. there is no one else... I've had a world wide search for anyone else when Dirah was being like this at the beginning. no matches..." Minister said sitting down on a chair.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
2,000 years doesn't mean much to someone like me minister, unfortunately" stripetail replied. "Another option could be for Dirah to give up her powers to another Dinoton , and train the recipient. I suspect she'd leap at this oppourtnity, although I don't know if it is feasible"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I don't think anyone could handly that type of power, it has to be born with" Minister spoke to Stripetail with a sign

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Anyone? Minister, you are forgetting who you are speaking to" Stripetail smiled "I can handle that kind of power, although magic is different from ZPE... but I think I have an idea.. use an AI. It's worked with magic..' He smiled remembering having  sucess with magic creation in Eva.  "It won't be easy, no question, but AI have incredible memory and can be programmed to do just about anything.. including mastering ZPE.. it would be artificial, but we don't have any other choice, besides trying to browbeat Dirah into complying... and doing this won't cause your blood pressure to skyrocket.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Well there must be a way to get Dirah to continue her duties... something deeply is troubling her and I would like to find out what it is so we can help her out in it. She'd don't need to be alone in this" Minister said to Stripetail

"Also I am not looking for a quick fix. that AI thing is only if all else fails and if the public of DInoton will allow one of our AIs to come into a normal being. your friend Eva is flesh and bones now but that was no quick fix, you did it out of heart. this is another matter." Minister shook his head a little. "I am not prepared to have a AI become a being of power that Dirah has. And I am sure Wayne would disagree to this plan as well. we will figure a way to help Dirah out. We not just going to dump this to the side and that is my only and final answer Lord Stripetail. this is a internal matter of Dinoton magic or not Dirah has troubling problems and we got to help her out"

"There are other choices and we going to take it. a quick fix has a high chance of blowing up in our faces and that not the chance I am going to take. We going to take the hard road if needed" Minister crossed his arms seeing Stripetail smiling

"You knew I was going to disagree with this plan of yours didn't you? was this some test of yours to see how my job affects choices?" Minister questioned

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Yes, Minister, I knew you would be very reluctant to do this, and you didn't disappoint me. My suggestion was not meant as a quick fix, on the contrary, it would take at least a year before the AI's transformation became permanent, and even longer for it/her to gain a solid grasp on her ZPE abilities.  That's quick by my standards, but then again, a lifetime is very short to me. I agree, this should only be a last resort, but I fear at this point, the other choices are limited. Dirah has troubles, no question. I think your impersonator's meddling in her relationship had negative long-term effects, pyscologically. But on the other hand, I think she really is uncomfortable with such great power and authority, she has not been raised to exercise it." Stripetail said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"And, minister, public opinion does not really matter to prophecy, leaders who are loathed by thier people can come to power. Furthermore your prophecy only mention there has to be a male and a female... it says nothing about the protocol for a refusal of the position, either by the male or female. Dirah has shown no interest in this position, therefore we must consider it as a refusal on her part. she is the only female with the power, as of yet. Minister you have 3 options. Convince Dirah to assume the job. That is a long shot at this point, given her current mood. Second. Force her to assume it, under stiff penalty for refusal. That would not sit well with her, and the likely result of that would be her accepting punishment rather than the job. The third option is creating an AI, which you are loathe to do. Knowing Dirah as I do, try to convince her, by all means,  but you will have to lay the groundwork for the third option Minister as well, just in case.The public may not like it, but what other choice will you have if Dirah has refused the position? I recognize that you must make this decison, and I don't envy you..." Stripetail said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I will have to put it on a table in front of the council on Dinoton, it not only my choice but the regions of Dinoton has to agree by most that is. I will run a profile mission through but I can't promise you anything Lord Stripetail that my choice would be till. we outweigh the opitions the council will be informed and then we will choice on this" Minister told Stripetail "There is nothing more I can do about that."

"As for now. maybe Wayne can take one of these devices and test this equitment out. specially this dinovolving device" Minister picked up the device looking at it and Stripetail taking a look as well.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thank you minister> But I must leave now... I have pressing maters to attend to at home. I will see you again later" Stripetail vanished, and reappeared inside the cAstle.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stripetail went into the studyt and summoned a servant 'Is Eva home yet?' He asked. "yes, Sire, she got here around 4 in the afternoon. I will bring her to you" the Servant replied and exited the room. Stripetail frowned, it was nearly 7p.m. "Exploring the ship made me lose track of time" He muttered.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Eva was studying in her room on some magic that she was tault on the first day. "I am going to keep on top of this right through the year no matter what. I have to keep on top of this" Eva said to herself

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A knock on her door Roused her from her books. "miss Eva, His Lordship wishes to see you" the servant said kindly to her.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Snowpaw came into the study "My Lord" She said bowing courteously as she greeted her husband. "What kept you? I was hoping you'd be home before Eva got back.."
_
 The Dinotons are exploring a ship they found wandering in space.. it appears to be from another dimension.."
_
 Snowpaw frowned. "The Dinotons need to be careful, it is not wise to meddle with interdimensional objects"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Eva walked in "Welcome home Stripetail." Eva smiled "Sorry that I didn't come sooner. I was just studying." Eva spoke

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As well you should be" Stripetail replied giving his protege a looking over. "Trissus will expect nothing less than your best., and she has a reputation for strictness and attention to detail. We have not really coverec much on magical memory, that will change..' His remarkes reminded Eva of the question Trissus had asked her in class..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: