The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Summoners

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Tai was relieved when he found Skorn quickly, and smiled at the small white canine that was with the Reaper.  "Sometimes you gotta be lost before you find something," he replied.  "As a matter of fact, I was looking for you.  I take it that Willow person's doing her own stuff?"

----------

On the roof of the aristocrat's building, a group of four guards reached the top via a stairwell, armed with steam-powered repeating crossbows.  This was a part of their patrol...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Skorn gave Tai a nod back "Yes, as far as I know anyway" he paused as he looked to Bolt, then back to Tai once again "And you were wanting to find me?  Might I ask on what it is you wish to speak to me about? Assuming of course, you do need to at least talk to me about something"

Zoe leapt from another rooftop, onto the side of another, taller building and slowly started to climb up it, well, as fast as she could anyway, grabbing onto the side of the roof and pulling herself up, glancing back on where she had come from "Really had misjudged that jump..." she spoke, shaking her head lightly and began to run again towards her destination.

She stopped short of the building a few blocks away, skidding to a halt right on the edge of the building she was on and looked at the building in question.  She looked to the rooftop and noticed four guards in the general area patrolling around, armed with crossbows.

She looked down and saw other guards in the general area "Yesh....this place is locked up tight as it is...." she muttered to herself, deciding it was best to just observe for a few minutes, to see if there was any sort of pattern to the guards patrolling.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Willow soon found out, that her opponent knew his profession rather well. Almost every time she attacked him, he was able to block or dodge her punch and even when she did hit him he simply shrugged it off. In the meantime, Winesmouth was shouting instructions and tips to Steelman or telling Willow how to strike him in particular way. It had lasted for an hour with few breaks, before trainer decided to change the state of this fight...

"Alright, Steelman! We've been training your defense so far. Lets see if your attacks are so unstoppable as usually, shall we?"

"Yes, chief." Steelman responded with a smile, then he threw Willow a look that made her shiver a bit "Time to play is over, rabbit. Now..." his smile became even wider "...it's time to die."

"Terrific..." was all Willow had got to say. She didn't have a chance to say anything more anyway, as Steelman begun his attack. Willow dodged it in the nick of time, but Terran followed her swiftly and tried to hit her again, so she blocked that punch. She was hit by another though, right on her mouth. She tasted a blood, but luckily didn't loose any teeth. After that, she started jumping around the ring, trying to keep Steelman at distance and wear him out. This was getting on fist-fighter nerves, as he wasn't fast enough to catch Willow...

"Stand still you cowardly rabbit! Fight me!"

"No, thank you. By the way... I am a hare, not a rabbit, you ape!" The insult seemed to enrage Steelman even more.

"I will bite your ears off, you chicken-hearted lop-eared bunny!"

"BUNNY?!" Willow shouted, fires of anger in her eyes. She leaped towards Steelman and before he could raise his fists to defend himself, she hit him as hard as she could, right between his eyes. After this punch, Steelman looked at her a bit surprised, then... fell down with a loud thud.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
"I'm sure you ever heard about this," Tai began, lowering his tone of voice.  "Have you ever heard anything about a large number of Soul Gems here in this city?"

----------

Three of the guards stood towards the edges of the building while one stood guard by the door.

The guards on the street were armed with glaives and swords, and made regular changes around the building and square...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"It does sound rather familiar...." Skorn looked to Tai, going into a bit of a thought as Bolt gave off a bark as well "What have you heard about it anyway?  As I heard that is was....an aristocat, but what he wants to do with them, I am unsure about that"

Zoe watched what the guards were doing and noticed that only three of them were on the edge of the building while the other one was guarding a door "That must be the way in...." she spoke to herself as she moved away, starting to get closer towards the building as she moved across the other rooftops around.

Moments later, she stopped and hid behind a nearby chimney and peered out to look at the guards and got an idea as she slowly crouched down, placing both hands onto a piece of rooftile and ripping it out, she held it for a moment "Let's just hope this works...." she muttered and tossed the rooftile across the rooftop in order to cause some noise before she moved to the other side and started to sneak over to to the building via the other side.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Inside, the aristocrat noticed the noise and watched a piece of roof tile fall in front of his window.  "Wait...  That's not from MY roof.  Send more guards up to check it out."

As commanded, two swordsmen departed to the roof top...

Speaking of which, the guards caught the noise and where on guard, the one by the door stood where he is, while two of the guards investigated the noise...

----------

In the sewers, the guards stationed were in conversation, when they were suddenly cut down by an unseen foe...

----------

"I don't know," replied Tai.  "But if the guy does have Soul Gems, he may be in danger.  I doubt those Ravers I fought would go this far without a legit reason.  It may be those Soul Gems."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As the guards were going to investigate the noice, Zoe clambered up onto the rooftop of the aristocat's building and snuck up to one of the guards whom had his back turn, grabbed him by the neck and simply, used one of her claw on her metal gloves to slit hit throat before turning her attention to the guard by the door, flexing her fists somewhat and swung at the guard, slicing his throat open in the process before trying the door.

Skorn thought for a second "Then I would imagine that Wraiths could very well be attacking this city soon enough....if they are coming this close to the city anyway....we should be on our guard, just in case...." he looked to Bolt and took him back to his Summon Gem.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
When the last guard killed dropped, his crossbow accidently discharged, immediately having the attention of the other two guards.  Finding the thief near the door, they quickly raised their crossbows and fire a steady stream of iron bolts...

----------

Down the street, the captain of the guards looked up to a whistling sound and saw the bolts fly above him.  "Find out where those are coming from!!" he shouted, leading his force to the source...

----------

One stray bolt made its way to the street where Tai and Skorn stood, making a loud clank and startling some of the residents on the street...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zoe's eyes widened slightly as she hessitated for a moment as the bolts came closer to her, giving her only a split-second to react, to which she swung her hands, to which the bolts seemed to clank right up against her metal gloves before falling to the ground.  Zoe had to indeed, take a breath of air, glad that she was alive as she looked to the guards and turned, giving the door a boot as it swung wide open as she bolted inside.

As the arrow landed right next to Skorn's foot, he looked at the arrow for a moment as he knelt down and picked it up, looking over to the direction of where it came from, motioning to it for Tai "Over there, looks like something's happening"

Luna on the other hand, had her ears twitching slightly as she looked out at the residents running in fear as she opened up the window to get a better look of the area and what they were running from.

She thought for a moment and got an idea and summoned one of her Summons, Iron Man once again as she spoke to him "Stark, can you do me a favour and go check out what they're all running from and keep me informed?"

Iron Man gave her a nod back, handing her something, a listning device "So I don't have to come back here with the news" he told her and activated his thrusters, taking off towards the source.

Skorn noticed this after a few moments, one in armour flying above them and past them "Looks like another Summoner is around too" he told Tai.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"What have you done to Steelman?!" Winesmouth shouted at Willow, before running to unconscious body of 'one of the best fist-fighters in Tedisian' and trying to bring him back to his senses "You knocked him out and you were supposed to defend yourself only!"

"Well... I wouldn't hit him that hard, if he didn't call me a bunny." hare replied with her arms crossed.

"Get out of here." Winesmouth said quietly, not looking in Willow's direction.

"Excuse me?"

"I said: get out of here!" he repeated angrily.

"I thought that you need a sparring partner for your fist-fighter?"

"Not anymore. At least, not someone who knocks out Steelman for some stupid insult and make him unable to train and fight for who knows how long!"

"Then give me my payment." Willow said, gathering her stuff. Winesmouth snorted, but he reached to his pocket and took out a small pouch.

"Since you've trained for an hour and a bit, I'm giving you 400 gold coins. Dont ask for more. Just... Get out of my sight."

"As you wish." Willow spoke, taking a pouch and then leaving the basement without any more words.

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The two swordsmen were halfway up the stairs when they encountered the Goth, then drew their swords...

----------

The crossbowmen followed suit as they reloaded their weapons...

----------

The aristocrat turned to his colleague.  "It sounds like a fight upstairs..."

The colleague said nothing as he drew a dagger hidden in his sleeve and stabbed the aristocrat, then carved upwards.  "It may be premature," he said, with a voice different than before, "I was considering waiting until nightfall to kill you.  But this change of plans will still be of use to me..."

The diplomat fell to the ground, bleeding to death of his wounds.  There was no one but the shadows who witnessed...

----------

Tai also saw the Summon in the sky.  "Who ever that guy is, he's got the right idea on how to get there..."

The Goth pulled a Soul Gem from his belt and slipped it into his Band.  A bright light emitted from the Gem, and a massive shape emerged, taking the form of a white dragon with feathered wings, gold hair-like mane, gloves, and a flight cap.  He landed softly on the ground and opened his blue eyes to the Summoners.

"I take it we have Wraiths to contend with?" the dragon asked.

"I don't know, but there's a fight going on the top of that build, and we need to get there fast!"

The dragon sighed and knelt to on knee.  "Well let's not waste any time..."

"Thanks Shiron!" Goth leaped easily onto the dragon's back, and looked down at Skorn.  "The only way to fly..."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Skon activated a differen Summon Gem of his and this time, he summoned fourth the Human Torch "Listen, Johnny...you head off ahead, follow that suited person....Tai and I will catch up with you in a moment" he told the Human Torch as he jumped up onto the back of the dragon with Tai.

The Human Torch nodded and took flight, flying off ahead to catch up with Iron Man.

Iron Man in turn, stopped in midflight as he looked at the guards in the area "Luna, you read me? Looks like we've got guards who are dealing with something, I'm not too sure on what though, it's rather hard to make out from this angle"

Luna thought for a moment "Alright, listen Tony....if you can get inside and find out the source of all this madness, would be greatly appreciated....I'll head over as soon as I can myself" she spoke back into the listning device as she placed it into her ear before leaving the room as it was, taking only herself and her other Summon Gems with her.

The Human Torch had soon enough caught up with Iron Man and already, he recognized him "Yo Tony!" was all Johnny could say.

Iron Man just seemed to groan slightly "What are you doing here Johnny?"

"Investigating this madness or whatever you want to call it, I take it, that's the same with you?" Johnny decided to ask Tony.

"Yeah" was all Iron Man had said back as he cut his thrusters power, landing on the rooftop right in front of one of the guards, who in turn, hessitated by fisring his crossbow at Iron Man, getting no effect by the bolt pinging off his armour.  Iron Man raised a hand and blasted him with his hand blaster, knocking him backwards as the Human Torch gave off a simple whistle.

Zoe in turn, looked at the two swordsmen and clenched her fists and she muttered to herself "This is not how I had planned for this to work out...." she grumbled as she got ready to defend herself.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Halt!" called the crossbow guard on top of the stairs.

The swordsmen saw the crossbows and back down the stairs, turning off down a hallway.  "Fire!  Kill the thief!"

The crossbowmen raised their weapons and fired...

----------

Shiron spread his wings and took to the air, taking Tai and Skorn in tow as they headed for the square...

----------

The captain and his guards reached the building of the aristocrat, but was blocked by the diplomat's guards.

"Let me pass!  Someone's been shooting on top of that building!"

"I'm sorry, sir.  I've been given strict orders not to let anyone pass.  Even you..."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Iron Man continued to blast away at the guards on the roof top, dwindling their numbers away to nothing as the Human Torch landed, blasting the final guard in the face with a fireball "You missed on" he told Tony rather smugly.

"Don't get too cocky kid" Iron Man told the Human Torch as he started to walk towards the door.

Zoe believed that she was indeed, at a dead end as she eyed the guards with the crossbows as she saw them about to fire, only to be shot down seconds later by none other than Iron Man, who started to decend the stairs, stopping as he raised a hand at Zoe.

"Wait, wait, wait...." Zoe quickly spoke as Iron Man stopped charging a blast, yet, still kept his hand aimed at her "You....you just saved....my life...." was all she could muster in saying, even though she was a bit iffy that it was a Summon that had saved her life "I'm not one of the bad guys....really....so um...you don't need to shoot me...."

The Human Torch walked in, stopping beside Iron Man as his eyes fell upon Zoe and a smug look came across his face as he went back to looking like normal "Hi, name's Johnny Storm" he spoke, using what charm he had as he held out a hand for Zoe to shake.

Zoe, however, was already feeling reluctant as it was in shaking his hand and decided against it "Yeah, uh listen flame boy....can you and tin man there, do me a favour and help me out with the rest of these guards around here?"

"Sorry, no can do, gotta wait for my Master to arrive" Johnny Storm replied back, looking at his fingers, as he was already feeling shot down by Zoe's rejection, but did indeed, decide it was best to wait for Skorn to arrive.

Iron Man, on the other hand, decided it was best to contact Luna in regards to what had just happened "Luna, you copy? Looks like these guards were trying to catch a girl, a Goth by the looks of it, she wears a pair of metal gloves as weapons by the looks of it"

"Alright, just be on standby at the moment....I might be a while...." Luna replied back to Iron Man as she continued to make her way down the street as she headed towards the building where the action was happening.

Skorn looked to Tai for a moment as he spoke "You got a plan for all this?" he decided to ask the kid as he looked back out towards the building where the comotion was coming from.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The swordsmen appeared back on the steps, their blades ready on the trespassers.  "Come no closer, thieves!" shouted one of them.

Two more guards ran down the hall to join them...

----------

"I don't have a plan, but I do have a question," replied Tai.  "Why did your Summon just help another Summon blast some guards off the roof?"

"Some of guys they took out were pointing into the building," Shiron added as they neared the building...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Iron Man looked over to the guards that arrived, crossing his arms over his chest and powering up his unibeam this time as he then fired it second later, blasting a guard right through several walls and out into the open, followed by a bit of a blast of light.

The Human Torch on the other hand, flung fireballs at the other guards as Iron Man walked over to Zoe, leaving Johnny to take care of the guards at the moment "We've got to stand our ground for the time being, gotta wait for Luna to arrive before I can really do anything else"

"Luna?" Zoe asked a bit lost at first, till she realized what he meant "Oh right, your Summoner"

"That is a rather good question, gonna have to ask my Summon about that when all of this is over....however, my best guess is perhaps, the two somehow know each other from where they originated from" Skorn told the two of them as he looked over to the building himself.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Tai looked over at the square below.  "Oh great...  We got the whole town coming here...  With what's going on, you think it's safe to land on the roof with what that Summon's doing?"

"It's fine with me," Shiron answered with a smirk and he began to set down on the roof...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As the dragon landed on the rooftop, Skorn got off and started to head towards where his Summon was, yet, he stopped in his tracks and looked over to Tai "You coming?" he asked him.

Iron Man moved his hand slightly past Zoe's head and fired two shots, taking out two guards that were approaching Zoe from behind.

"They ust be running out of guards soon enough" Zoe spoke up as she looked to Iron Man and the Human Torch as she started to move backwards before turning around and rushing off in order to finish off what she was suppose to do.

"Hey!" Iron Man called out to Zoe as he watched her run off before placing his fingers to his forehead in annoyance.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Tai leaped off Shiron and brought him back into a Soul Gem before following Skorn.  "I'm coming!  You have a plan?"

----------

With many of their numbers dwindling quickly, the guards retreated back to escort their employer out of danger.  They reached the room to find the aristocrat dead on the floor, and the colleague standing over him.  But they had no time to react when their own shadows took form behind them and slit their throats...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"A plan?" Skorn asked Tai back as he shook his head "Not quiet....we'll need to at least meet back up with my Summon and find out what he has found out so far" he then started to walk towards the door, glancing back to tai to make sure that he was following.

Inside, the Human Torch had heard footsetps and turned around, about to fire a fireball, yet, stopped in his tracks when he realized that it was Skorn.

Skorn motioned for the Human Torch to walk over, to which Johnny obliged and walked over to Skorn, to which Skorn spoke to him "So, what's the situation?"

"Well, me and Iron Man here found a girl, a Goth actualy, and a rather nice one too for that matter" the Human Torch began as he lightly elbowed Skorn some "Anyway, she had these metal gloves on and was being harrased by the guards before taking off that way" he pointed down the hallway.

"Metal gloves? A Goth?" Skorn thought for a moment as he looked to Tai "I know her....sort of....I had a run in with her earlier on....if she's here, then that must mean....I'm guessing anyway, that she's to be stealing something"

"What makes you say that?" the Human Torch asked with an arched eyebrow.

"I saw her stealing from one of the stalls just before I approached her and got into a little fight with her" Skorn replied back.

Luna was still running down the street, past all the bystanders as she was very close to the building where Iron Man was located at "Okay, Tony....you read me? I'm outside the building.....uh....north side I think....well, by the front door, mind coming to get me?"

"Sure thing" Iron Man then looked to the others "Sorry, my Summoner calls" he spoke to them as he activated his thrusters and took off past the group and headed towards Luna's location, landing beside her moments later.

"So, uh....what's the story here?" Luna decided to ask.

"In laymen's terms....it's got something to do with a theft in progress, well, apparantly that Goth girl is a theif, however, this much comotion should not be coming from something so simple....something else is up, I'm sure of it...."Iron Man replied back as he looked to the front door "Shall we?" he asked.

Luna gave him a nod back "After you"

And seconds later, the front door was blasted clean off its hinges by Iron Man's Unibeam move, allowing Luna and Iron Man entrance to said building.