The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Thanksgiving! :celebrate

oogaboo · 15 · 1646

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
As a holiday, I think it is underrated and overshadowed by Halloween and Christmas. Christmas is my least favorite holiday because...well...for religious reasons.<_<  Halloween is just awkward to me. Especially when people just came from church and at night they decide to go trick or treat. Just sayin'. Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday because 1: I get to visit my fairly large family in other states 2: We get a vacation from work and school, and 3: FOOD! :wub  

What we are gonna eat is REAL cranberry sauce that is not from a can, Mac and bleu cheese made straight from Wisconsin,  broccoli, and a 22lb Turkey with tofu stuffing and cherries surrounding it. The Turkey only cost us $5.99!  :D Hellz to the Yeah! ...sorry, I get carried away. :oops

So anyway, what are y'all gonna have for Thanksgiving?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Me, thought this year I may eat some ice cream the week of my birthday.  An odd thing but I haven't tried it before so thought a few week back why not try it.  I've not had a traditional thanksgiving in a few decades.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
going to connecticut to visit my aunt and uncle. it will be my first visit to thier house..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So um, excuse my ignorance but when and what is it ? :D

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm going to have dinner with both sides of my family, as usual. I get to eat a pretty big assortment of food, such as corn, carrots and egg rolls.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
When: November 25th

We've sort of explained the what: a day of giving thanks for those around you, what you do have, and not what you wish you had.  Then everyone goes bargain shopping on Black Friday right afterward. :rolleyes :rolleyes

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
An excellent day to not go shopping since huge masses will be out that day.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Canadian Thanksgiving was almost a month ago in October.  It makes Christmas and Thanksgiving more meaningful a family gathering since they aren't so close together.

Have fun though.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It used to be that I would only work 4 hours on Thanksgiving.  However, thanks to me getting a new Store Manager, that has all changed.  This year, I'm working a full 8 hours.  At least it's the morning schedule, so I hopefully won't miss out on it too much.

Originally, we were planning on going out of town to my grandparent's house, but due to several different reasons, we chose to avoid that and just have it at my aunt's house.  To be honest, I like that idea better.

Ugh!  Considering everything, I'm not looking forward to the change in my hours for this day.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Normally Thanksgiving for my family would involve visiting my aunts house and having a big 40 lbs. dinner! :DD But this year, with everyone in my family having a job, and four of us having to work on Black Friday at 2AM!!!! We might have to scrap dinner altogether... and that makes me sad.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
thanksgiving kinda gets lost in the "christmas creep" at least they don't plaay christmas music so fricking early as they did a few years ago
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
We had a thread a lot like this one last year.

This year my family and I will be having Thanksgiving dinner with some relatives in Florida. My older younger brother can't be there, unfortunately, as he's currently studying abroad on the other side of the world (Neither can Sasquatch; he's staying in Minnesota, though our pets typically have Thanksgiving dinner separately from us anyway :p). We'll probably still do our annual tradition of going around the table and saying who and what we're thankful for.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Caution! Stay away from Black Friday shoppers. They are  :crazy
I wonder what balloons are gonna be at the macys thanksgiving parade this year?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
We ended up not doing our “circling the table and saying what we’re thankful for” routine this year when we had Thanksgiving dinner with our relatives this year. Instead we're going to wait until my brother gets home from studying abroad, then stage a second Thanksgiving meal, and do it then.

For the record, Thanksgiving dinner was very tasty. :yes The turkey came out of the oven looking almost perfectly browned; we commented that it should be in movies or cooking advertisements. :p

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.