The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mama Topps?

Guest · 3 · 1985

Bruton the Iguanodon

Why is Mama Topps (or Cera's sisters for that matter) never mentioned in the sequels? Littlefoot mentioned his mom a few times, but Cera never mentioned her presumably deceased family members. I'm angry at Bluth for not having them reached the great valley---it wouldn't have effected the end of movie 1 at all if they'd been there at the end. As it is, their absence clashes with the overly happy ending. But in LBT 11, during the time you'd be sure they'd mention mama Topps, when there's a new lady threehorn inTopps's life, they don't. Sure, Cera seems upset, she even cries at one point, but she never gives any serious indication that she doesn't like Tria cause "She's not mom" (other then snapping at Littlefoot when he suggest she's her new mom. I'm wondering, "Where 's her old one?!"). Why didn't they ever bring her or Cera's mom or sisters, or even in the original have them reach the great valley, which was made before it was known if these sequels would be made?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
What do you mean Don Bluth didn't have Cera's mom and siblings reach the Great Valley? There's nothing in the first movie that suggests this. True we don't see them at the end, but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

While it could be that her mother and siblings didn't make it, there's nothing really to suggest that they did not. Plus Don Bluth didn't have complete control of the story. One thing I recall is that he wanted the sharptooth to be a more dimensional bad guy, but his opinion was ruled out by the two other people he was working with to direct the movie.

Edit: I just took a look at the movie and noticed something.

While it's just speculation, that might be Cera (in the middle) with both her parents. Also in the second movie, we see another threehorn with Topsy (or rather in the background) that might have been her mother, but again it's entirely speculation. There's no confirmation.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Wow...that pic is interesting. From what you've pointed out, I think Cera's mom perhaps made a cameo in movie 5, as shwn here:

On the far left, slighter and a slightly lighter shade then Topps, but otherwise looks like him...just like Cera's mom in movie 1.

And here's another shot with 2 threehorns that look like Tops:

Oh, and wiki it says the threehorn in the bottom left corner of your pic might be Tria. I doubt it; why would she leave the great valley only to come back?