The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Was it Pterano?

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
Okay, so I found out a very good point from thatguywiththecape.  But before I go into any detail, I will tell the story.

Pterano was wanting to be in charge of the herd so he decides to set off and go another route to the great valley.  Follow me so far?  Well, on his way, he gets caught in an avalanche of rocks which he is trapped in a minitaure canyon.  After that, he flys away and let's the rest of the dinos get eaten by a few sharpteeth.  Pretty gruesome right?

Well my question is...Why did the others think he was bad?  He didn't know that the sharpteeth were going to come and an avalanche was going to form.  They said it was his fault for leading him off, but it really wasn't.  He may have been going the right way, just he got caught.  Why would he be considered the antagonist?

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Because he did not show the responsibility that he should have. He made the most gullible of the original herd think that he was a better leader and let them down when they needed him most. As a leader, he should have been up and ready to protect those he was responsible for the safety of, but he didn't.

While it wasn't his fault, it also was. He the "blind leading the blind". He didn't know where he was going, thus led them to danger, and didn't do anything to help. He was a poor leader and was punished for his poor leadership.

Bruton the Iguanodon

He's a grey character, who turns good in the end---a sort of "color change". As Ducky points out, "He is not as mean as the other flyers, no, no, no," which sort of set it straight for me, as a kid, as to what he was---not good, but not like your typical villian.  ;)

I think the others have pointed out most of what needs to be said. I think (or at least I hope) that it's the line between black and white we see with him that makes him such a popular character. "Good Inside" did a good job of pointing this out. It's one of the most downright cute and classic songs of the sequels but unfortuately was put at the wrong time---between 2 songs fans seem to like more. Still, it was cute and did a good job of explaining how, as Sirius Black would say, "The world isn't split up between good people and death eaters!"