The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sharpflyer Mom

Guest · 10 · 1658

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
"Buck, buck, buc-KAAAAW!"

OR…

How everybody got up in the morning before the evolution of roosters. :p

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
^ :lol Aren't roosters supposed to be male?

Proof that there was such a thing as a sharp tooth dentist. Total lifetime appointments?

One.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
It has seen the vortex of time and space, the whole of it all...it shall loose its mind and die from insanity.

Should have listened to that odd Rainbowface.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dr. Curzon,Jan 21 2012 on  08:01 PM
Yes, but that doesn't mean that the creature that preceded them in their role as nature's alarm clock had to be male as well. And for that matter, we can't be 100% certain that this flyer was female; it's a reasonable assumption, but who's to say that it didn't have a mate who just happened to be somewhere else at the time? Or perhaps, in this species of flyer, it's the father who looks after the young, like in a number of bird species (jacanas, ratites, phalaropes, malleefowl [at least as far as incubation goes]). On the other hand, considering that only the mother has been present in every other flyer family we've seen in LBT, perhaps this isn't likely, but whether LBT flyers only ever practice female uniparental care or we simply don't get to see the male side of their biparental care is another subject entirely.

Ahem…Sorry about that; I'm like an argumentation bomb always primed to go off. :p

Uh, new caption…

A hapless flyer learns the hard way that cacti make lousy perches.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I think I initially thought it was male, but then I read this article, I think.

http://landbeforetime.wikia.com/wiki/Sharptooth_Flyer

BigFriendlyGun9000

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Sharptooth flyer: WHAT THE?...?!? Jittery dragon actually put up a video!

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Jan 22 2012 on  02:34 PM
Quote from: Dr. Curzon,Jan 21 2012 on  08:01 PM
Yes, but that doesn't mean that the creature that preceded them in their role as nature's alarm clock had to be male as well. And for that matter, we can't be 100% certain that this flyer was female; it's a reasonable assumption, but who's to say that it didn't have a mate who just happened to be somewhere else at the time? Or perhaps, in this species of flyer, it's the father who looks after the young, like in a number of bird species (jacanas, ratites, phalaropes, malleefowl [at least as far as incubation goes]). On the other hand, considering that only the mother has been present in every other flyer family we've seen in LBT, perhaps this isn't likely, but whether LBT flyers only ever practice female uniparental care or we simply don't get to see the male side of their biparental care is another subject entirely.

Ahem…Sorry about that; I'm like an argumentation bomb always primed to go off. :p

Uh, new caption…

A hapless flyer learns the hard way that cacti make lousy perches.
No problem! I'm pretty used to that!  :)

Anyways...

Try the new flying sharptooth toy! Just pull the tail and it yells! Only for 100 treestars! Good while supplies last.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The Flyer was extremely unsuccessful lately. Her freshly-hatched children were hungry. This is what happens if you fail to feed your offspring... they're gonna bite you :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The flyer was upset because Littlefoot stole her egg.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.