The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Last of Us

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I can't believe I am just now learning about this. Apparently, the trailer debuted at the VGA 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zZiu1nQR5o
There it is. The trailer states that this was captured from a PS3 system (maybe) and it looks really nice.
It's basically a post-apocalyptic game with two titular characters, Ellie (14 year old girl) and Joel ("a ruthless survivor"). It is not a zombie game, but a "love story about a father-daughter-like relationship." The "zombie" part of the game are fungus infected humans. I find this a bit more realistic than a virus as there is a fungus that takes over the brain of ants to get the ant at a specific location before killing the ant. The part about the fungus taking over the brain of the ant is the basis for the game.
The trailer had me a little on edge when they were in the bathroom, door open, and the fungus zombies were just outside the door.
It looks very promising, but, then again, so did a lot of other games. But, then again, Naughty Dog has a very good track record. If the gameplay isn't good, the storyline should be. Naughty Dog definitely knows how to tell a good story in a great way. We'll have to wait and see.
Edit: Here is a Wikipedia article on the ant fungus; for those who are interested.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I never released any new news on this thread, but here are trailers and gameplay videos for the game.
Truck Ambush
Bill's Debut Trailer
Bill's Debut Trailer
E3 2012 Gameplay
Extended Demo
Story Trailer that debuted at the Spike 2012 VGAs.

Honestly, there doesn't seem to be anything new in terms of the plot's theme, but I doubt that will hinder the game's story as Naughty Dog can tell a cliche story really well. Just look at the Uncharted series.
Graphics wise, the game looks marvelous and artistically done.
The acting seems up to par.
I read that Naughty Dog focused a lot of their attention on the AI of Ellie and other survivors and that Ellie is not just a bullet sponge as was the case of your AI partners in the Uncharted series. Ellie has to be protected, but her AI seems to be well enough that she can take care of herself for the most part. I liked the part of the gameplay video where one of the other Survivors heard the click of Joel's empty gun and recognized what it meant. Of course, then comes Ellie's AI to distract him with a brick to the face.
I'm very interested in this game and will be pre-ordering it from GameStop, since they have exclusive pre-order bonus content. For anyone else with a PS3, I suggest taking a look at this.