The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

X-Box 360 games?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Today my brother bought an X-Box 360. Are there any good X-Box 360 games that he and I should give a try?

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
BioShock is a really good game that I'd recommend, especially if you like games for their story, and you can pick it up for quite cheap now.

Left 4 Dead 2 is a fun game if you want to play co-op with your brother, and it's even better if you have an internet connection to play online.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If you haven't already played it, Skyrim is an amazing game and I believe it came out for the 360.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
BioShock, BioShock 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City, GTA4 (if they're into that sort of thing), any of the  recent Call of Duty games, and if they're into military jets, there's Ace Combat 6 and Ace Combat: Assault Horizon.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Late, but I have a few recommendations. :)

Okay, if you can stand/enjoy metal music, I recommend Brutal Legend.

One thing to note though, do not take the story seriously, okay?  It is a parody of the battle between Indie artists and Major Music Lobbyists.  Other than that, understand that it is also a game of strategy.  There are some battle elements in it, but it's main focus is strategy.

Trust me, later levels, definitely brutal without one.

I also recommend the Mass Effect Trilogy.  Well worth every penny in my book.

Also, both of the Batman games.  Definitely worth it. ;)

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: F-14 Ace,Jun 5 2012 on  10:42 PM
BioShock, BioShock 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City, GTA4 (if they're into that sort of thing), any of the  recent Call of Duty games, and if they're into military jets, there's Ace Combat 6 and Ace Combat: Assault Horizon.
Heck yes on Ace Combat. What's your personal favorite aircraft?

Mine's the YF-23 Black Widow II, but if I feel like a jerk, I'll pull the CFA-44 out on some poor, unsuspecting gamers. That thing is wicked!

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Saints Row 2 (better than GTA IV in my opinion) , Ace Combat AH, Ace Combat 6,Rainbow 6 Vegas 2, and Battlestations Pacific.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Is it just me or is the general idea that FPS games and other fighting games are the only good games for the Xbox 360?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Aug 14 2012 on  08:34 AM
Is it just me or is the general idea that FPS games and other fighting games are the only good games for the Xbox 360?
That's because Microsoft found that it's the main focus market that works for them.  The original XBox survived because of one particular FPS.  Since then, they've made it the main focus of games to massively sale.

Microsoft is still learning how the gaming market works, but they have found the niece that works for them should things go south.  That alone is a huge step to ensure their survival in such a demanding market.

EDIT: Oh and also DH, I highly recommend taking a good look at the XBox Live Marketplace.  Plenty of great downloadable games there, I can assure you of that. ;)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Fair enough, I'll always be more of a nintendo person myself :P:

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I have not yet been able to play the X-Box 360. My brother has kept it in his room since he bought it, unfortunately. I don't know when I'll be able to play it, if ever.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Aug 14 2012 on  10:39 AM
I have not yet been able to play the X-Box 360. My brother has kept it in his room since he bought it, unfortunately. I don't know when I'll be able to play it, if ever.
Make a deal with him then to at least get some time of gaming with it.  Try to come to something reasonable for both of you.  Best to work with is likely a time of day you are allowed to play it and a certain amount of time as well.  Make sure he understands it's an oral contract both of you agree on.  Be demanding about it if you must.

Try it and see what happens.  He might be more tolerant on it than you may think. ;)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thats a shame. I keep both my Wii and 360 in the living room and my roommates can play them whenever they want, even after they spill alcohol on one of my gcn controllers  :anger .

If you do get a chance to play it I would recommend that you download Shadow Complex. Its a very good MetroidVania style game.
Dead Space 1 & 2 are really good if your into survival horror.
Like Pokeplayer said the Mass Effect trilogy is a good choice.
You can also download Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie if you don't own them. Both are great N64 games.

Can't think of anything else at the moment. I don't really play my 360 that much.