The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Malware may cause people to lose internet Monday

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've been seeing all over the news that a malware infection could leave a lot of people without internet on Monday.  Basically, the malware reroutes your internet through a private server.  The FBI caught the guys who were distributing the malware and replaced the servers with their own but on Monday they are shutting the servers down. If your internet is being rerouted because of the malware infection, you will lose internet access.  The FBI brought in a team of people to deal with the problem and they set up a website you can go to and check if your computer is infected or not.  There is nothing to download or scan or anything like that.  They simply check to see if you're being rerouted through the servers that will be shut down.  They also have instructions for what to do if your computer is infected.

Mine came up clean but I wasn't worried anyway.  As stated in another recent thread, I just wiped my hard drive and reinstalled my OS so any malware that was there got cleaned off.  Still, I checked anyway.

Here is the website you can go to.  http://www.dcwg.org

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Knew it I'm clean but thanks for letting us know. I found it interesting finding out if I had it or not but I don't know why. Might be because I love coding on computers. :DD

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I wasn't so sure about this one myself, but I checked the site, said I was green anyway.  Decided to also scan the computer too, just to make sure and what have you XD

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm safe.  Not surprising really.  Being behind a VPN has it's benefits. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

crazedwriter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://crazedwriter.lbbhost.com/index.html
I ran a full antivirus, anti malware scan yesterday morning and checked that DNS site twice. Got back online late last night into the wee hours. No breakdowns, the DNS checker still shows green, and my PC's OK.  One can't be too overly cautious. :D