The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What star wars trilogy do you prefer?

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I am always browsing the internet and people often argue about Star Wars, most often about the original and prequels. I prefer the prequels because it goes deeper into how the Emperor came to power, and how the Jedi actually lived, aswell as how Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader. That is my opinion, but I also find it more exciting because in the prequels, the two sides are evenly matched(Confederacy of Independent Systems/Seperatists against the Republic) and actually engage in full scale battles many more times then just the two in the original(Battle of Hoth in 5 and Battle of Endor in 6), examples include Battle of Naboo, Geonosis, Coruscant, and Utapau. I also like the more deeper storyline, instead of the running and hiding, then attacking, attitude in the original. These are my opinions, what are yours?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I tend towards the prequel too. Don't get me wrong, the original is awesome in it's own right and for many (me included) it was the original that made them like Star Wars. However, I think that the prequels are in some respects better than their reputation may be (judging at least from many rather negative reviews on the internet). I am also quite happy with the TV series and a number of comics set in the time of the clone wars. One thing I appreciate about the prequels is that many of the background characters also have a rather elaborate background story (to be found in books, comics etc. rather than remaining mostly anonymous).
I recall when episode I was shown over here in 1999 I went there expecting for Anakin to be Darth Vader at the end of the movie and also with the second movie I half expected that, thinking that the third one would be entirely about the vicious actions of Darth Vader (of which of course there are a lot). I agree with some critics who consider Anakin to be often depicted as too naive and falling a little too easily to the dark side when his love relationship with Padmee may sometimes come across a little too corny to make the audience truly feel with Anakin for the dilema he is in ;)
Anyway, I like the prequels. What is your opinion of the TV series?

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The originals the prequels have too many flaws and missed opportunities. Like killing Maul off, why couldn't he return as a cyborg lower body? and why is there no definitive character for the prequels? Why couldn't it be about Obi Wan like the original was for Luke? yes the overarching theme would be Anakins fall to the darkside.

This guy give more reasons of how episode 1 could be good including cyborg maul

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I like both the original and the prequel trilogies equally. Though I'm not that big of a fan of Episode I(it would be better if a certain Gungan wasn't included).

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
I like the prequels more.Cool sith characters,and obviously the effects and aliens were better with the more modern technologies,wich is important in a sci-fi for me.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Sep 3 2012 on  04:48 AM
I tend towards the prequel too. Don't get me wrong, the original is awesome in it's own right and for many (me included) it was the original that made them like Star Wars. However, I think that the prequels are in some respects better than their reputation may be (judging at least from many rather negative reviews on the internet). I am also quite happy with the TV series and a number of comics set in the time of the clone wars. One thing I appreciate about the prequels is that many of the background characters also have a rather elaborate background story (to be found in books, comics etc. rather than remaining mostly anonymous).
I recall when episode I was shown over here in 1999 I went there expecting for Anakin to be Darth Vader at the end of the movie and also with the second movie I half expected that, thinking that the third one would be entirely about the vicious actions of Darth Vader (of which of course there are a lot). I agree with some critics who consider Anakin to be often depicted as too naive and falling a little too easily to the dark side when his love relationship with Padmee may sometimes come across a little too corny to make the audience truly feel with Anakin for the dilema he is in ;)
Anyway, I like the prequels. What is your opinion of the TV series?
I like the TV series, and I am glad it actually gives Anakin more leadership as in both II and III he was following Obi Wan's lead, but in this he gets an apprentice who's just as much a pain in the neck as he is. It also made the clone troopers much more likeable, with personality and morals, and not the faceless robots the storm troopers were. I also like how they gave hints to Palpatine's true identity through bits and pieces in the TV series. I liked the TV series alot and watch it when I can. Along with Land Before Time, Star Wars is my favorite movie series.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Sep 3 2012 on  09:58 AM
The originals the prequels have too many flaws and missed opportunities. Like killing Maul off, why couldn't he return as a cyborg lower body? and why is there no definitive character for the prequels? Why couldn't it be about Obi Wan like the original was for Luke? yes the overarching theme would be Anakins fall to the darkside.

An episode in the TV series has Maul return.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Belmont2500,Sep 3 2012 on  10:30 AM
I like both the original and the prequel trilogies equally. Though I'm not that big of a fan of Episode I(it would be better if a certain Gungan wasn't included).
Yeah, I agree, I was so annoyed by Jar Jar  :x

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chomper98,Sep 3 2012 on  12:33 PM
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Sep 3 2012 on  09:58 AM

An episode in the TV series has Maul return.
Yes i know, but it was a massive missed opportunity in the prequels.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Red Letter Media's review of Phantom Menace: (I defy anyone to refute the claims made in these videos. No, I dare you. Not posting the whole thing.)

Part 1 of 7

RLM's review of Attack of the Clones:

Part 1 of 9

RLM's review of Revenge of the Sith:

Part 1 of 3
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Overall I prefer the original trilogy.  I've not seen the 3rd prequel yet, but of the first 2 I like the 2nd one a bit better.  The bit of the first one I like best is before Jar jar appears.