The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How long do you think...?

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Its obvious that Chomper got lucky with the gang in terms of making leaf eater friends. If it wasn't for our dear egg-stealer friends, Chomper wouldn't know them.

That begs the question, how did Chomper manage to meet Ruby, and moreover, Ruby's family? Speaking the herbivorous language might help, but I saw raised on another topic the possibility that it was Ruby herself who taught him to speak this language, meaning that Chomper met her before the events of LBT 5. If that's the case, how, when, and why was she not with him in said movie?
Talk about behind the scenes...
Any thoughts?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't think Ruby taught Chomper the leafeater language. It's rather a feeling in my guts than a reasoned statement though  <_< Ruby didn't live at the Mysterious Island after all as seen in one TV ep (I guess it's the Starday Celebration one).
Inactive, probably forever.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
A story I thought up is based on the assumption that Chomper and Ruby actually got to know each other a short time after the events of LBT 2 and that she was the "teacher" allowing Chomper to speak leafeater language in LBT 5 (by which time events of the story had separated the two again). It is one of these matters though which can never be proven or disproven. There are points of course that speak against the theory, but it is at least more likely than not that Chomper must have had some contact with someone who can speak leafeater language unless we assume his fluent command of the language to be entirely based on the first few hours of his life.
Omnivores like Ruby's family might under certain circumstances have a somewhat easier time to "get along with" (as in not getting killed immediately) Sharpteeth as herbivores. At least their reaction to meateaters wouldn't be the same kind of disgust which most leafeaters would feel.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^ I have read some fantasy books about dragons who learned speaking the human language while they are still in their egg. Of course, dragons weren't real... But then again, is Chomper ? :p He may very well have learned the language while he was with the gang while they were taking care of it.

This would however be false because he didn't seem to be able to communicate with them when he just hatched.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
And that would be just a few hours more. It doesn't seem likely that the events of LBT 2 sufficed to make Chomper able to speak leafeater language when none of his parents can (for some reason I think it would also appear very awkward if a fully grown sharptooth was talking leafeater language).

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I assumed some omnivore who may be an acquaintance or friend of his parents may have taught him.  

Reminds me of an rp someone did on here a while back, that was sharpteeth and fastbiter focused where Icky & Dill were friends of Chomper's parents.