The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Character House Madness

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the two draconesses reached the top of the stairs and waited for the others to join them on the landing..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Drago nodded.
"I take it you were shocked by the sudden outbursts of noise, correct?  That and perhaps something else?"  
He said calmly, chuckling softly.
"I am Drago, by the way."
He added.  Juri was the next up the stairs, joining Minna and Ilsa at the landing, followed closely by Akito and Utena...

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"... You could say that," Sue said, and suddenly got the feeling she was in the presence of someone who was difficult to hide things from.
"Either way, thank you Drago. I hope I'm of some use to you guys. I can scratch like nobody's business, but it won't be much good if I mistake one of our own team for the bad guys, would it?"
She scurried up the rest of the staircase in order to avoid the next inevitable quaking, shouting fit that did, indeed, arrive only a few seconds later.
The voice was laughing like a maniac. Sue could hardly take it seriously: it sounded like someone doing the most over the top mad-scientist impression in history. ANd yet every time the voice came, more quaking came in its wake. She reached the top of the stairs with a slight nod to the sea of unfamiliar faces, and then looked back to make sure Drago made it up okay.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Drago reached the top of the stairs, then smiled at Sue.  
"I have an idea to help improve your combat ability."
He said gently, taking the skull off his armor and chuckling.
"If you wear this, I should be able to serve as your eyes, at least if we need to fight."
He said softly...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
you ok sue?' Ilsa asked her as she reached the top. ' better stick by me to be safe' she smiled to sue.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Sue blinked up at Ilsa, and smiled.
She didn't say it, and she tried not to think it, and she especially tried not look it, but she felt it. She felt that maybe she did have a chance.
"I'm fine, Ilsa. Thank you."
'If I want to be impressive, I'm going to have to be an asset when and if any fighting starts," she said, turning her gaze from Ilsa down to Drago.
"Skull?" she asked. "Well... my eyes are just fine. I have a brain injury: that's what visual agnosia is. My brain can't properly recognize what my eyes see.... but... you say... there's a chance I could see with this skull?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Drago nodded.
"Especially if what I read about your condition is correct, then this will work flawlessly.  Between my eyes and yours, my skull can filter and process the information so that what you see is exactly what is there.  At the least, it'll allow you to readily distinguish friend and foe.  Go ahead and try it now, while it's safe, just to test it out."
He chuckled...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
try it ion. it cant hurt to try it' Ilsa said, giving her a confidence boost..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Sue looked to Ilsa, feeling more than a little uplifted, and nodded to her and then to Drago. "Okay. You guys have been so supportive to me. I can't thank you enough for all you-"
BAAAAANG!
"WOOOO HOOOO! JAMES CAMERON EAT YOUR HEART OUT!"
Deciding now was not the best time, she took the skull, and paused as she was about to place it on her. Would this make her see? Would this be the first time in nineteen years that she would be able to recognize what she saw?
Taking a small little breath of anticiaption, she put the skull on. She blinked. The person in front of her was Drago-- she knew this without having to infer it. She whirled around to look at the others. Indeed, she could pick out Minna, Utera, Juri, and Akito as well.
And yet... she couldn't really say anything about what they looked like. She simply knew what they were-- she couldn't recognize their features.
'Well, a lot better than nothing,' she thought to herself, and smiled, grasping Drago's hand with an elated smile. "Thank you so much, Drago! This is amazing!"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Drago chuckled, inclining his armored torso in what appeared to be a bow.
"Of course, Sue.  It is always a pleasure to assist someone so beautiful and good-hearted as you."
He said jovially...

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Sue smiled and nodded her head. "Thank you. You're a good man, Drago."
Sue scraped her long, razor sharp claws together, looking down at them and hoping they'd do the job. She never used them as weapons before: she'd never had a reason to until this point.
"Alright. Let's do this."
The voice got louder and louder as they walked on, and the quakes got worse and worse. It was at least a little bit more obvious now that the voice was male-- male of what kind of person or creature, however was still a mystery.
"We're almost there," Sue said, feeling nervousness kick in like an unwelcome party crasher.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the landing ended with a locked door. the sounds were clearly coming from behind the door ' we'll have to break it down' mInna said, and she threew a fireball againat the door. ' it did nothing though. ' stand back everyone we need to break this down..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Drago flicked his wrist, an elegant thin sword manifesting as he grabbed it, chuckling.
"Well...I suppose it is best that we press onward, hm?"
He said lightly...

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Sue took a deep breath. She was so nervous he knees were quaking. "Okay... here we go..." she said, her eyes flickering around to her companions and wondering if they were as nervous as she was.
"NOW WHAT'S THIS, WHAT'S THIS," the voice blared through the door. It sounded like the man was just a soupcon below screaming at the top of his lungs.
"SOMEONE AT THE DOOR? LET THEM WAIT! LET'S CONTINUE OUR FIGHT, WALLY!"
A hideous roar blared out as a response that rattled the teeth in their skulls.
"Oh... d-dear," Sue mumbled.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Drago placed his hand on Sue's reassuringly.  
"If worst comes to worst, then worry not.  I'll protect you if the need arises."
He said gently, as Adrian and Utena readied themselves, while Juri nervously placed her hand on Ilsa's...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
both ilsa and minna blasted away at the door, and after about 10 minutes, the door finally fell in, revealing another flight of steps leading upward. ' Stick close sue, you too juri' ILsa said to her friends..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Juri nodded, blushing faintly as she nodded.
"Oh, of course.  I'll stay close to you, Ilsa~"
She said softly.  Drago stood close to Sue, the inner glow of his armor changing to a faint pinkish color...

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Sue stood between Ilsa and Drago-- and pushed away the very confusing feelings as they came. 'Have to focus,' she thought-- something she was having an increasingly hard time doing.
The flight of stairs lead directly into an entryway for a large room. Feeling her companinons by her side, she looked inside, her breath in her throat, sweat appering on her brow, and her heart hammering in her chest.
And she found she had abosultely no idea what she was looking at.
To be fair, the others were only moderately less confused than she was.
In the center of a room stood a man dressed in the most wildly flamboyant clothes the mind could imagine. The slanted hat, giant colorful feathers, and nobleman-esque shirt and pants seemed similar to the bizarre clothes of the landsknechte mercenaries in the fifteenth century. The man himself looked to be in his thirties, with a long shaggy beard and wild hairdo that was complimented by a look of childlike insane glee on his face.
"AH HA!" he shouted so loudly that it echoed in the very small room. "TIRED ALREADY, ARE YOU!?"
In front of him was a creature that was almost as tall as the ceiling. It had shining red eyes and a clear jaw, but it's body seemd to be a mishmash of plaster, wallpaper, wood, and rock roughly kneaded together to form a doughy humanoid body, almost like a golem. It roared at his response, and charged at him as the man brandished the sword in his hand.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"geez this guy looks like one of the jesters the king of naugoa has perform silly things to entertain him ' Ilsa said, watching the costumed mans antics.. the term to describe the guy, was a fop, which means one who is silly, slow-witted or foolish, or at least acts it. and this guy fit the definition to a T.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Juri froze, staring at the creature fixedly, sword held ready as she stepped forward, guarding Sue and Ilsa warily as Drago and Aktio moved into position, Drago staying close to Sue as Akito and Utena both moved into ready positions on the sides of the group...