The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT 14

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I think it'll be awesome. Of course I'll have to see it (when it's released) before I can make a clear judgment on it
Life Is Good

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Can't say I'm very optimistic... But a man can hope, right? :D

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What I've heard so far sounds promising so I'm optimistic :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
No expectations to have when we haven't been given anything official yet. No trailer or footage or anything, just some talk by voice actors.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
We will get a brandnew LBT movie at last after so many years.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Campion1,Feb 16 2015 on  09:35 PM
No expectations to have when we haven't been given anything official yet. No trailer or footage or anything, just some talk by voice actors.
I'm with you on this. Cannot say anything about this yet.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, we have a different director now, which could end up for the better or the worse. We haven't seen any footage, so no idea how the art style will be. (It could be completely 3D for all we know 0.0) We still need to wait and see.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That thought occured to me too when I saw a 3D drawing of Littlefoot... Well, as much as I'd prefer the traditional style of the sequels, I'd also accept a 3D movie if everything else is well done :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Same here. I hope they use 2D animation like the other films, but if they decide to venture into 3D land, then I'll accept it. From what I've heard so far it sounds like it's going to be good but I won't get my hopes up too much just yet. We don't really have enough information about the film other than some people who are working on it and a very basic plotline. I'll wait to see the trailer (if there is one) or see some more information and I'll think about it more then.  :yes

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Joseph

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I admittedly have mixed feelings about it, namely because it's been so long since the last one. So to suddenly have another movie seems strange.

But part of me does feel that they wouldn't be making the effort if they didn't want to at least try something new, so we'll have to see.

(Unless this is all just part of the marketing for Jurassic World, which I wouldn't really have a problem with either).

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Joseph,Feb 23 2015 on  10:06 PM
I admittedly have mixed feelings about it, namely because it's been so long since the last one. So to suddenly have another movie seems strange.

But part of me does feel that they wouldn't be making the effort if they didn't want to at least try something new, so we'll have to see.

(Unless this is all just part of the marketing for Jurassic World, which I wouldn't really have a problem with either).
A lot of franchises are making a comeback lately, especially in these last few years. I kind of expected this to happen, because of that reason.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Considering that Jurassic World and Land Before Time are of different audience types, for the most part, I doubt that Jurassic World has much to do with it, other than that maybe they thought that the timing might help their OWN marketing.   I doubt they would care otherwise.  

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: LittlefootAndAliTogether,Feb 25 2015 on  02:41 AM
Considering that Jurassic World and Land Before Time are of different audience types, for the most part, I doubt that Jurassic World has much to do with it, other than that maybe they thought that the timing might help their OWN marketing.   I doubt they would care otherwise.
Who says I was referring to Jurassic Park? They've been planning on a fourth film for years, so that was going to happen anyway. I was referring to other cartoons that concluded years ago.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I was referring to Joseph's comment.

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: LittlefootAndAliTogether,Feb 25 2015 on  09:56 PM
I was referring to Joseph's comment.
I apologize for that.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Ok... I've been meaning to do this for a while now. Hopefully people won't go too crazy at me about what my thoughts are... Anyway...

Well I can't say I'm holding my breath that it will be great. I mean there hasn't been a sequel I've really enjoyed and had little to no problems with since the 4th film... And I already have a few issues with it before it's even been released. Like still hiring Ducky's current VA Aria Noelle Curzon even though I personally think she's too old now and should have been recast a LONG time ago.  So I'm still going to have to endure Ducky's silly forced high clearly done by adult voice. And I'll be even more unhappy if they rehire Anndi McAfee to do Cera. As I've said in other topics I've never been that found of her voice for Cera, and I think she's WAY too old to reprise the role now, I mean she's in her 30s.  
If it were me I'd start fresh and re-cast both Ducky and Cera, with KID actresses like in the first movie.
Also not really happy that their still having songs in the upcoming 14th film.. Still they might be good ones I can sit trough like in the 2nd, 4th, 7th and 12th films.
And like a lot of fans I'm wondering if they'll get new VA's for grandpa long neck, and Topsy. Or have the guts to wright them out... If they do get new voices I hope they get ones that sound very similar to their old ones, and not sound nothing like them at all like most side characters that came back in the TV show.
I also REALLY hope it's still done in 2D animation and not 3D. That wound ruin it for me.. I found it creepy enough seeing the gang CGI'd in a few shots in the TV show.
Also seeing as Bron is going to be in it, it most likely means the little git Shorty will be in it too <_<  Yes I don't like Shorty.
I also hope they still include Chomper and Ruby.

Ok good stuff. I'm happy that they did get a kid actor to do Littlefoot, and rehired Petrie's VA.
And all in all good to know they are making a new LBT movie after all these years.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dalekdino,Mar 24 2015 on  05:16 AM
Ok... I've been meaning to do this for a while now. Hopefully people won't go too crazy at me about what my thoughts are... Anyway...

Well I can't say I'm holding my breath that it will be great. I mean there hasn't been a sequel I've really enjoyed and had little to no problems with since the 4th film... And I already have a few issues with it before it's even been released. Like still hiring Ducky's current VA Aria Noelle Curzon even though I personally think she's too old now and should have been recast a LONG time ago.  So I'm still going to have to endure Ducky's silly forced high clearly done by adult voice. And I'll be even more unhappy if they rehire Anndi McAfee to do Cera. As I've said in other topics I've never been that found of her voice for Cera, and I think she's WAY too old to reprise the role now, I mean she's in her 30s.  
If it were me I'd start fresh and re-cast both Ducky and Cera, with KID actresses like in the first movie.
Also not really happy that their still having songs in the upcoming 14th film.. Still they might be good ones I can sit trough like in the 2nd, 4th, 7th and 12th films.
And like a lot of fans I'm wondering if they'll get new VA's for grandpa long neck, and Topsy. Or have the guts to wright them out... If they do get new voices I hope they get ones that sound very similar to their old ones, and not sound nothing like them at all like most side characters that came back in the TV show.
I also REALLY hope it's still done in 2D animation and not 3D. That wound ruin it for me.. I found it creepy enough seeing the gang CGI'd in a few shots in the TV show.
Also seeing as Bron is going to be in it, it most likely means the little git Shorty will be in it too <_<  Yes I don't like Shorty.
I also hope they still include Chomper and Ruby.

Ok good stuff. I'm happy that they did get a kid actor to do Littlefoot, and rehired Petrie's VA.
And all in all good to know they are making a new LBT movie after all these years.
You don't like Shorty?  

I guess that's why you don't have him in your human world.  

He seemed like a bully but one does feel for him.  

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: LittlefootAndAliTogether,Mar 24 2015 on  03:37 PM
[QUOTE
You don't like Shorty?  

I guess that's why you don't have him in your human world.  

He seemed like a bully but one does feel for him.
ERM no I don't, I just said in my post. And I have said I don't like Shorty in other topics too.

I have thought about making a human version of him, but I don't like wasting my time and paper humanising characters I don't like.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dalekdino,Mar 24 2015 on  11:05 AM
I have thought about making a human version of him, but I don't like wasting my time and paper humanising characters I don't like.
I'm not really sure how it's a "waste of time". It would help the world you envisioned feel more complete. I tend to find it being more impressive when someone includes a character they hate in a story but representing them fairly and not demonizing them or exaggerate their negative traits than it iswhen someone simply sticks to characters they do like (often ignoring their negative traits and inflating their good ones I notice usually).

But that's just a personal view of mine.

I don't mind Shorty. In some ways, he's similar to Cera, as they are both children with attitude problems and both are former bullies and both were pretty nasty when they are first encountered (by Littlefoot specifically).

Of course their reasons vary. Shorty's attitude seems to be the result of lack of parenting, while Cera...well she was just born like that. Topsy didn't have much to do it with; as soon as she hatched she was already charging her siblings and had a rather cocky attitude.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Mar 24 2015 on  04:17 PM
Quote from: Dalekdino,Mar 24 2015 on  11:05 AM
I'm not really sure how it's a "waste of time". It would help the world you envisioned feel more complete. I tend to find it being more impressive when someone includes a character they hate in a story but representing them fairly and not demonizing them or exaggerate their negative traits than it iswhen someone simply sticks to characters they do like (often ignoring their negative traits and inflating their good ones I notice usually).

But that's just a personal view of mine.

I don't mind Shorty. In some ways, he's similar to Cera, as they are both children with attitude problems and both are former bullies and both were pretty nasty when they are first encountered (by Littlefoot specifically).

Of course their reasons vary. Shorty's attitude seems to be the result of lack of parenting, while Cera...well she was just born like that. Topsy didn't have much to do it with; as soon as she hatched she was already charging her siblings and had a rather cocky attitude.
Oh boy I feared you'd be on to be about this. Well I'm not been rude, but it is up to me what I decided to do with my fanart. I may just one day humanise Shorty when I'm less busy with other fanart stuff. Hell I even actually intend to one day humanise Topsy my most hated character, as I know I'll have to do human version's of the main character's parent's at some point.

Also when comparing Shorty with Cera. Well as you know I like Cera and am more easy going with her and she's in every film so we do see she has some good qualitys here and there. Shorty is only in the 10th film and 1 ep of the TV show, and in both of them I personally just found Shorty plain annoying and insufferable.