The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT 14: When does it take place?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I got to thinking, it seems that Bron and Shorty aren't freaking out around Chomper.  You'd think Bron would have gone "A Sharptooth?!  I'll save you Littlefoot!" and tried to fight Chomper.  Yet he hasn't and they've hinted that Bron has been there before.

Well, what if Journey of the Heart plays on that where he'd been there the first time, it showed him meeting Chomper and Ruby for the first time, and then he left, to go back to his herd, promising to come back at some point, but he doesn't?  

So then the others get worried about him and go after him.  I'm guessing it will be Littlefoot's idea.   And we could find out about Bron's mysterious and unseen herd in this one too.  

Does anyone think this might be a plausible plot?  (My fear is that they might pretend like the TV Series never happened, but you never know.)  

The only problem with this theory is that Shorty seems to be really uncomfortable with Chomper eating crawlers, so if Shorty had stayed behind in the Great Valley, only to go with Littlefoot and the others, he should be more used to Chomper.  Unless Shorty is with Bron and Littlefoot is worried about BOTH of them, which is possible.  

Perhaps Shorty DOES come back but alone, saying that Bron was in some kinda trouble, hence the "emergency" that Littlefoot's voice actor mentioned.  Perhaps the situation, like the Land of Mists, is too dire for the grownups to want to risk it,  but like his trip to rescue Grandpa Longneck, Littlefoot could care less that the grownups don't think it's a good idea and they go anyway, likely at night.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
It's possible the movie takes place before "The Big Longneck Test" meaning it'll be Bron's first visit to the Great Valley. Of course this is just speculation  ;)
Life Is Good

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, that would be interesting. BLT (whoa, it has the same initials as LBT!!) definitely doesn't seem to be Bron and Chomper's first meeting, so it will be cool to see that if it happens.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You know, I really hope that it doesn't play out like that, and that it comes AFTER the tv series. Although I'm DYING to know what Bron and Shorty's initial reaction to having a Sharptooth in the valley AND him being friends with Littlefoot, I think that aspect could be kind of a point that's developed in the 14th movie, but not the subject of the movie itself.

If you think about it, it would make a lot more sense to have it played out after the Big Longneck Test and the tv series, mostly because you can get so much more development to work out characters and tell the story of how Bron and Shorty first came to the Valley through those characters and the adventures that they'll go on and the things that they'll go through, rather than being tied down to "Okay, so we need to make X and X happen to reach to the point that we've already established". To a certain extreme, if that were the case then it could be considered a midquel.

One thing that I really adore about the series is that it knows how to create and write characters. Stories and plots? Maybe not, but they do know what they're doing when it comes to Littlefoot and the gang (We've had 13 movies and 26 episodes, damn it). Adding Shorty to the mix (Which I pray to GOD that they do) can help serve that purpose of, "Well, you know how when we first came to the Great Valley that..." story that many of us (presumably) want. Having him join the gang to look for his and Littlefoot's dad with Chomper and Ruby too, can definitely bring up some good conversation about this kind of strange relationship.

As we saw in the Big Longneck Test, Shorty has a big problem with how Chomper eats, but doesn't seem to mind the little guy all that much. But, can you really blame him? On the other side of it, Chomper seemed to, for lack of a better term, almost idolize Shorty when he lied about taking the test himself, and was the first one to jump at the chance of going to the Great Stone Walkover with Shorty leading the way. It could be Chomper's goal of trying to "assimilate into the herd", but it could also be something of a "Well, this is Littlefoot's brother, so he's probably pretty cool!" mindset that he could very well have. Assuming that the 14th movie will include tv canon, development between Shorty and Chomper should prove interesting. It could also prove how that initial reaction was. Who knows? Maybe we'll get some flashbacks.

We don't need to know what exactly happened before the Big Longneck test, and we don't need that to be a full 1 hour and 20 minutes. That story can be worked into the film, but I definitely don't think it's a good idea to make it just about that. Having a separate adventure looking for Bron is more than fine with me.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
On the flip side, what would you do if they pretended the TV Series never happened, left Chomper on the island, and took Ruby out of existence?  

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^I'd just lie in the middle of the road and say "Just get on with it."

But, hey, if we've had 13 movies with just the gang of five, then surely we can have another one. But, if they DID ignore tv canon, then the Big Longneck Test would have never happened. So that would be interesting to explore.

(But seriously, I would probably drown in my own tears)