The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Most Users Ever Online

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The most users ever online was "211 on April 7th, 2011" which was a very long time ago. For those who were online that day, what was happening? What was so exciting? 211 members online is amazing!

Also, do you think we could reach that again? Or was that the official peak?
8 years with TGOF :yum

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Most of these users were guests I suppose... The most users online I've ever seen was about a dozen...
Inactive, probably forever.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Do you really want to have 200+ users posting on a forum at the same time? It's pure chaos. :huh:

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Coyote_A,Feb 7 2016 on  02:17 PM
Do you really want to have 200+ users posting on a forum at the same time? It's pure chaos. :huh:
Not necessarily, but that fact that 211 people were really into TLBT at the same time is nice to know... Considering how TLBT has died down it would just be nice to see fans come together again.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well there wasnt actually 211 members online at the same time
 most of them were guests, so that number is actually very misleading. we had maybe 15 to 20 members on that day, although what the reason for the activity  was escapes me at the moment. much like we really dont have 1000 posters here- the active number of posters is in the couple dozen range or so- we really didnt have 200+ people on,line at the same time.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Feb 8 2016 on  01:05 AM
well there wasnt actually 211 members online at the same time
 most of them were guests, so that number is actually very misleading. we had maybe 15 to 20 members on that day, although what the reason for the activity  was escapes me at the moment. much like we really dont have 1000 posters here- the active number of posters is in the couple dozen range or so- we really didnt have 200+ people on,line at the same time.
Oh, I see. Although if we had 211 guests or so online- I wonder why.. I hope it wasn't anything dangerous. `

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i think the reason for the activity was simply a combination of active posters posting in roleplays, and new members - we had quite of few join us that year. after the tv series ended, this forum became a general activity boards- roleolays captions and the like- as the series was over. while the new film may bring in some bnew members i dont expect  the board to return to past levels of activity.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Feb 8 2016 on  02:29 PM
i think the reason for the activity was simply a combination of active posters posting in roleplays, and new members - we had quite of few join us that year. after the tv series ended, this forum became a general activity boards- roleolays captions and the like- as the series was over. while the new film may bring in some bnew members i dont expect  the board to return to past levels of activity.
That makes me feel better lol!
I do think your correct about activity expectations..

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I was one of those 211 in question. Around then was a period where we always had 15 or more guests viewing the forum at any time, usually much much more. I made a thread about it at the time. What happened was that the Gang of Five finally reached the top page of Google due to search engine optimization efforts by landbeforetimelover, which made us a target for search engine bots for the first time.

Before that, it was actually very difficult to reach this forum since it did not traditionally show up when searching for any relevant keywords. Here's a 2009 thread talking about people's tricks for finding the otherwise-elusive Gang of Five
Here's a 2009 thread talking about people's tricks for finding the otherwise-elusive Gang of Five  :yes