The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Windows 10 has it's own screen recorder

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Believe it or not, Windows 10 comes with a built in screen recorder.  All Windows 10 users have to do to access it is hit Windows Key + G.  This was made for those who want to record their PC gaming footage, but it can record so much more.

I'll be giving it the full test in a few days.  It can record up to two hours worth of footage, so let's see what it can do.

Until then, see ya later! :wave

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay that's nice I guess seems like a good feature to me if you're into Let's Playing.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow, gotta test this in the near future  :lol:
Inactive, probably forever.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, here it is, the test of the Windows 10 screen recorder.

Now, I didn't get to test as much as I would have liked.  However, for something free, I did expect worse. (Personal problems with other free screen recorders are a testament of how bad it can get.) The audio is smooth, but the picture isn't always clear.  There's even points where the text gets blurry.  Not to mention, there's a point in the video where I just wrote something for half and hour and then erased it because it just didn't sound right to me in the end.

On top of that, it doesn't have a "record sound from speakers" option, so I had to put my headphones as close to the mic as possible and turn the volume up to 100%.  You're going to hear first-hand the problems of my headphones.

Aside from that, hope you enjoy this test of nearly 2 hours of recording.

https://goo.gl/TkYABn

Enjoy!  Remember, don't expect greatness. :sducky

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile