The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hackers have made Retro Emulators Available for Nintendo Switch

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hackers do what they do best.  They take a piece of hardware and see just what it has to offer.  They experiment and break down the coding.  This happens with every new gaming system that comes out.

Of course, there will be emulators.  Turns out, there are some emulators that are already available that can work for the Nintendo Switch.  The only catch is that they are only available to those who have up to Firmware Version 3.0.  So, if you have updated recently, you won't get them to work.  They are working hard to make them available to everyone so we'll see.

Check out the list in the following article.  You might be surprised.

https://www.thenerdmag.com/nintendo-switch-homebrew-retro-consoles-classic-doom-playable/

Your choice to download those.  I won't judge if you do.

In the meantime, looks like I have a reason to buy a second Nintendo Switch.  It'll be strictly for Emulation purposes, but if it becomes available for real, I'll buy it.

See ya later! :wave

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Already? Wow. I’ve got a PS1/PS2 emulator, the PS2 one doesn’t work very well though.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)