News:

Author Topic: RainbowFaceProtege's Plush Projects!!  (Read 484 times)

RainbowFaceProtege

• Look out, Earthlings, I'm making myself at home!
  • Member+
  • Ooh, I'm a Chomper now! I'm working my way up!
    • View Profile
RainbowFaceProtege's Plush Projects!!
« on: March 25, 2020, 09:07:24 PM »
This is the thread where I'll post my babies!  :^^spike I've made quite a few LBT plushies, so I'm gonna take this one post at a time! Also, since this has already come up in my introductory post, I should probably mention that I'm not selling any plushies, these are just my personal projects.

First off is Tricia! She's made of felt and is about six inches long, give or take.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 12:01:12 PM by RainbowFaceProtege »
Going through my fanfics to make sure I don't want to change anything before I post. (This might take a while.)

:rainbowwave Remember this, reader of my signature: there is much more to what you call the great circle of life than you can possibly imagine!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Solus Christus: In Christ Alone Salvation is Found
  • Member+
  • Sharplord of Sharptooth Clan
    • View Profile
Re: RainbowFaceProtege's Plush Projects!!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 09:11:34 PM »
Magnifico! Great work. How long did Tricia take to make?
“Jesus, by no other name is man saved.” (Acts 4:10-12)
‎ܫܠܳܡܳܐ ܥܰܠܶܝܟ̣ܽܘܢ  Εἰρήνη πᾶσι  Pax vobiscum

Join Sharptooth Clan: https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15501.msg506307#new

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 09:14:50 PM »
I’m gonna be honest. At first glance, it looked like a pink elephant to me instead of Tricia. :lol

But good job on the custom plushies! I’ve done sewing before — with assisted instructions so I know what to do. You’re next level dude. :DD

OwlsCantRead

• Feathered friends forever! ^^
  • Member+
  • "But most of all… I'm afraid of being afraid…"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 09:15:27 PM »
Ah, the frill on her head looks like a star. :TreeStar She certainly gained a hot pink shade compared to light pink. :p

You can resize the images by adding a width modifier. [img width=480(or whatever number)][/img] so that it resizes appropriately. ^^
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 09:23:21 PM »
Yikes, these pictures are scary-big.  :olittlefoot Sorry about that, everyone. Embedding images from Google Photos is a first for me.

@Gentle Sharptooth Thank you! I think making her took me a day or two.
@ImpracticalDino  :PCera Yeah...I'm gonna try to fix those images right now. Anyway, I somehow jumped right into working without patterns from the beginning. Sometimes it takes a lot of trial and error before I come up with something I think is acceptable!

@OwlsCantRead I was annoyed that I couldn't find fabric in the right shade for her.  :p
Ahh, THANK YOU SO MUCH for help with the images! Gonna go resize them ASAP!
Going through my fanfics to make sure I don't want to change anything before I post. (This might take a while.)

:rainbowwave Remember this, reader of my signature: there is much more to what you call the great circle of life than you can possibly imagine!

jassy

• certified member of the light fury fanclub :)
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 09:38:57 PM »
Very nice work!! She’s cute  :chompysmile I wish I had the patience to make plushies, but alas, I do not.  :PCera
I love the rainbow faces from the bottom of my heart!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 09:52:16 PM »
@jassy Thanks! I definitely have to be in the right mood for sewing, as there are times when I'm not feeling patient enough for it, either. Tricia was a relatively unambitious project for me, so she didn't too long to make, but some of my other plushies have taken a week or so for me to finish.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 02:02:38 AM »
@RainbowFaceProtege: Thanks for the picture resize! Now it doesn’t take up too much area. :)

Although, the first image is no longer available for some reason. It shows a black empty square instead. I’m on iPad (mobile). Is it also broken on PC guys?

And Jesus Christ, those links you put for your images are long as hell. This is only my preference, but I use Imgur for all of my photo needs. :yes

Anagnos

• Member+
  • By the Bright Circle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 03:08:46 AM »
@RainbowFaceProtege: Thanks for the picture resize! Now it doesn’t take up too much area. :)

Although, the first image is no longer available for some reason. It shows a black empty square instead. I’m on iPad (mobile). Is it also broken on PC guys?

And Jesus Christ, those links you put for your images are long as hell. This is only my preference, but I use Imgur for all of my photo needs. :yes

I can't see any of the pictures. :neutral

Mumbling

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 06:06:02 AM »
I can't see any of them either! Would love to see your plushie creations! :D

If you are uncomfortable hosting them on an image hosting site like imgur, you also have the option of attaching the photos to your post on the forum. Just press the "Attachments and other options" feature underneath a post  :yes

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 11:53:49 AM »
Argh, I don't know what happened there.  :thinking Okay, since I know literally nothing about using image hosting, I'm gonna switch to attachments and see how that goes.

EDIT: Okey-dokey! Fixed.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 12:03:57 PM by RainbowFaceProtege »

Anagnos

• Member+
  • By the Bright Circle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 12:07:15 PM »
Hey, they work now! Wow, that is one amazing Tricia. She looks cute. :)littlefoot

Mumbling

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2020, 12:07:55 PM »
Yay, I can see her now! She looks really cute! I've always wanted to get into sewing, but it's quite daunting so I've never really done more than add pockets to pants that didn't have any (whyyy women pants, why?!) Taking on a plush project seems like quite some work. Well done!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2020, 12:15:00 PM »
Thanks @Anagnos and @Mumbling ! :)littlefoot

Yay, I can see her now! She looks really cute! I've always wanted to get into sewing, but it's quite daunting so I've never really done more than add pockets to pants that didn't have any (whyyy women pants, why?!) Taking on a plush project seems like quite some work. Well done!

As someone who specializes in plushies and for some reason hasn't gotten around to learning the sewing machine, adding pockets to pants seems pretty daunting to me.  :lol

Flathead770

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2020, 12:51:04 PM »
Ah that looks great! How long does it roughly take to make one of these plushes?

Gentle Sharptooth

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2020, 01:08:45 PM »
More plushies! More plushies! :D

Join Sharptooth Clan: https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15501.msg506307#new

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2020, 01:27:24 PM »
Ah that looks great! How long does it roughly take to make one of these plushes?

Only a day or two for something small like Tricia. It can be about a week for a more typical project, though.

I plan to put another up today, just gotta take more pics! :chompysmile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2020, 01:33:22 PM »

Only a day or two for something small like Tricia. It can be about a week for a more typical project, though.

I plan to put another up today, just gotta take more pics! :chompysmile

Good! I wait in anticipation. :)

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2020, 03:33:50 PM »
Alrighty, here's some Guido for you! Gotta love this guy--he's my second favorite LBT character (well, technically my third since there's a pair of characters taking up my top spot)! This is actually my second version of Guido, since he was one of those characters I first attempted early on in my sewing ventures, when I still had a lot to learn and relied way too much on glue (blech). I'd show the first version for comparison, buuuut...it's underneath this new one. I basically just reupholstered him when I decided my original wasn't good enough!  :lol

He's about the size of a Build-a-Bear (12 inches when sitting down) and made out of fleece.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2020, 03:31:13 AM »
Ooh, a Guido fan I see. That’s nice! :)

That’s an adorable plushy of him you created there. The quality has improved in my opinion when compared to the Tricia plushy you made. I can’t wait to see what more you have to offer. :DD