The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Super Smash Brothers (all)

Tails_155 · 396 · 26571

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
at least they still have ness in this one. i'm not so sure how people would react if lucas ended up replacing ness

i don't know much about lucario. i think he's a mix between a psychic and dark pokemon. he's kind of like mewtwo in a sense.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Actually.  He's fighting/Steel.  

But what really grinds my gears is how I have to wait ANOTHER MONTH for Brawl!  It would have been nice to let us know earlier than three weeks from launch!  I mean, COME ON!   :angry:

Chikara

• Chomper
    • View Profile

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Happy Brawl Day...to Japan.... (cries on the inside) XD Just kidding. I still can't wait. What do they possibly need to do with the English version anyways? In Japan Brawl only got pushed back a few days, but we got a whole month. What else needs to be translated into English?

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
there's a whole bunch of characters that have been confirmed playable that are in the japanese version that haven't been translated over to english:

captain falcon, marth, falco, windwaker link, ganondorf, ness, etc...

for a complete list of characters so far, go to the wikipedia page. here is the link to the site:

Confirmed Characters

arrogantrex

• Chomper
    • View Profile
This isn't for the tally, I just love this game and I play it like it's crack or something.

Fox is my most favorite character to use because I like how he moves and how fast he can be. Falco is fun because he's just a stronger version of Fox. Mario is one of the most dynamic characters in the whole game for me. Bowser is fun, he shoots fire.  :lol  Link has a plethora of gadgets and gizmos, which makes him very much like Samus, except with Link you can't just completely volley the hell out of your opponents with missiles and power balls. Marth is cool because he's like clangclang dancedance, he's a little weak for a sword character though, but I usually like the faster characters anyway and he has a bit of speed to him. I can use just about any character effectively except for like Donkey Kong, Ness, and Jigglypuff, though I do like using Jigglypuff. Except DK, I think Ness and Jigglypuff are some of the hardest characters to use in the game. Yes, I know Fox is one of the easiest characters to use, but I really don't care, he's still awesome.   :p

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
in my opinion, i'm just so used to using link, he's the easiest character for me. i do agree that ness is probably the hardest character to use, but yoshi is pretty close too.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
in my opinion, i'm just so used to using link, he's the easiest character for me
he was my first character. It seems like hes a good pick up and play time guy, though i hate people who only use his spin attacks....argh. As for Yoshi, i don't find him to difficult, just got to get used to having no triple jump (but i guess his egg throw is supposed to help him recover in Brawl, though i don't know how). Yoshi is my second best character, with Falco being first. Im also pretty good with Samus and Ganondorf as well.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Chikara

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Smash won’t come out in North America for a bit, and sadly, Europe has an even longer wait until the game is released.
Looks like my magazine was right when they said July.  :cry  :cry  :cry

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
actually, at the moment it is schedualed for March 9th. although, there is probably a good chance that it will be delayed again.

yes, marth is in brawl!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HU_AJbx10Q

The Final Smash (FS) Video

Pretty cool moves for the characters...Jiggly needs a marker. :P:

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
The entire roster has been revealed already by Japanese people who have the game. And I gotta be honest, I find the complete roster disappointing. Other than Sonic and Snake, the starting roster is better than the unlockables. Most of them are clones.

One certain character in the unlockables has me baffled. I mean, to me what were they thinking? How can it fight when it does so little to begin with? I'm not going to spoil anything to those who don't want to be spoiled, but in my opinion they kind of messed up adding this guy to the roster when they could've added someone much more capable.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Loved the Final Smash Video there Petrie! Thanks for that! ;)

As per usual, all the top, highly awaited games (well, most of them anyway), the Japs get the first test run. And I bet they sold like hotcakes! Oh well, guess it just means we've got more to look forward to as the Youtube videos pile in (or you could import a Japanese Wii if you're that desperate  :^.^: ) I'm kinda not surprised by the number of clones in there but I'm glad they worked on building up a lot of content from Melee rather than stripping it down. I see Young Link has been replaced with Link's Wind Waker model (so the rumours were true ;) ). Not sure we needed another Star Fox clone (i.e. Star Wolf).

Still, anticipations are still running high for this game! Roll on...urgh...May time (lousy European importing timetable *grumble* *moan* *whine* :angry:  :lol )

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
I believe this game sold half a million on its first day in Japan, that's a pretty impressive first day number in Japan.

As for the clones, I believe I read somewhere that this time they tried to make some minor and big differences in some of their attacks to try to keep them from being complete clones, so that's good news for variety. Even though Toon Link shares his final smash with Link and Falco and Wolf with Fox's, although they might have different attributes and attack patterns.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Falco, Fox, and Wolf all appear to be clones.  Even their FS' are practically alike.  Captain Falcon and Ganondorf stll appear to be clones.  Other than those, I don't see many others out of the gameplay videos already available.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
All I can say is:
W00t! :wow  :lol  I was a little concerned that perhaps Nintendo would have killed this game, taking so much away out that was in Melee...but after watching a few videos, if appears that Brawl has all of the goodies from Melee with some beautiful improvements.

(and come on: How many teenagers fantacized about nailing Pikachu with a grenade launcher from long-range? I'm not one of them but I have heard many a death threat made on the poor cuddly creature. :p)

Honestly, I'm extremely impressed!  If the English release is anything like this one, I don't know how I could possibly be disappointed. B)

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
Hmm... Time to start listing complaints I guess... avoid this if you are WR...

SPOILERS:

Rant tape start:

Stage Creator: I'd rather have good premade stages than generic stage-creator-stages
No: Pichu, my absolute favorite character; Tails, I'm not shocked, but no Tails; Mewtwo, I didn't play Mewtwo as often, but I DID play as Mewtwo more than some that stayed, and really, the ICE CLIMBERS make it in?; For the record, though I didn't use these characters: Roy, and technically no Young Link, just Wind Waker Link, which Wind Waker was also a disappointment to me...; Wave Dashing! L Canceling (Some say, although other say it exists, so it's left to be decided); If I've seen correctly, there's no red shell... this seems like a crying shame...
(I'll update this as I read more disappointment)
Choice of return stages: RAINBOW CRUISE? RAINBOW CRUISE beat Fountain of Dreams??? Really?
The New Battlefield: I like the old one
Remixed old songs: Why not just use... the old songs? I'll have to wait and hear them on my friends' system...
Assist Trophies: Some really seem like a waste of memory
No Online Upgrades: It was a stretch in my mind to begin with, but still a disappointment
Smash Ball: Stopping a game somewhat to commit an animation, tisk tisk tisk, AND I HAVE HEARD it SLOWS down the animation, that's a sin
The Final Smashes: Are apparently also unbalanced
MASTERPIECES: I DON'T WANT TO BUY A GAME FOR DEMOS I MAY ALREADY OWN
The very FACT: that they REMOVED characters, of course it's not a "pattern" if it only has 2 parts, but it would've been a nice pattern to have all the previous characters...
Slower: I PERSONALLY thought Brawl was perfect as far as speed, fast-paced leads to entertainment not only in the form of better fighting, but it leads to much more comical events
The Golden Hammer: Now there's a hammer with no... problems? That means it is the ultimate item, if you get it then you win until it's time is up... -.-;

You shouldn't fix what isn't broken, but that does NOT mean one should break what is working fine either...

-cassette stops-

I'll most likely edit this until even I'm tired of my complaining

Not that it breaks anyone's heart, but I am NOT buying this game, and I'll most likely return it if I receive it as a gift... I don't want my ideas of what a Smash Bros game should be, tainted by the likes of what seems to be missing a lot of gears