The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Visiting the Great Valley

Kor · 48 · 5031

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
i would love to live in the geat valey as a human tho, cos i would be much more peaceful than this world, i would some how take all my good music with me

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Which would either require you to take a whole band plus instruments with you or else a little power plant to permanently provide your CD / MP3 player with energy.

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
it would be my PSP with unlilted memory and batery power
i'd play when everone in the valley start sing one of there cr** songs :yes

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There are solar power things I've seen one can plug things into and let charge over the day.  Don't know much about them since I don't go camping and would never use one, but that is one possibility.

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
but if i have to be a dinosaur i'd be the kind ducky is and around her age aswell

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have actually wanted to visit the Valley as an elf. That, coupled with my reading of the Inheritance Trilogy, inspired me to begin writing my fanfic. I am still having a writer's block!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
You could always experiment and figure out how to make a stone age or pre stone age bow and arrow or spear and spear throwing and leave the great valley and hunt sharp teeth.

You're not supposed to eat the meat of a meat-eating animal.  Besides, the sharpteeth would be bigger than skyscrapers in downtown Seattle.  No bow or rock (at least none that you could throw) could even hurt the sharptooth, let alone kill it.  Even their babies would be as big as you. :rolleyes:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You forgot about fast biters, they are sharp teeth too.  Unless I'm a mutant or something, one doesn't really need animal protein.  I've not had any animal protein in a bit over 2 years.  Only can eat 3 things and I'm doing well, with taking a multi vitamin, so I"m sure a person with normal working intestines could find some plants to eat.  through they'd be better off finding the plants and making a garden type of thing so they don't have to wonder all over the place to get bits of this, bits of that, ect for each meal.

Being able to take several books on wilderness survival, edible plants, and such would be a great help.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wait: The ultimate book of survival is the Hitchhiker's Guide to Time! (Not real)

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
If I was to visit the Valley would be in a form a form of a Triceratops so little eyes would be very wary of human or sharptooth :) lol

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jan 17 2008 on  09:33 PM
It would be hard to get protein though seeing as the dino's certainly wouldn't allow me to eat meat.
Well, Chomper pulls it off somehow, and there are humans who eat insects (like chocolate covered ants, my aunt used to love those   :x ).

As for me, I'd be a swimmer like Ducky. I've always loved the water. And actually Ducky's family is the closest species to looking and having the same body structure as a human (not to mention opposable thumbs, who nobody else gets), and hadrosaurs were thought to be good mothers.

Also, to counter the boredom problem, I'd simply have to be born in the Great Valley, and live my life not knowing about the modern world I'm missing.  Ignorance is bliss, you know.

Besides, if I live in the same period of time as Littlefoot & co. there'll be plenty of action to live through (how many storms have they gone through by now?) and with the exception of that one song from Journey to Big Water, the real characters have never seemed bored for too long.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
THey likely get to play off camera between movies and tv episodes. They may be bored but likely not for to long I'd guess.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Being born there without any awareness of our world and without missing anything from our life is a totally different story of course. While the LBT characters are not likely to get bored frequently many humans, accustomed to many other activities than those provided for in the Great valley, might.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If I was to vist the great valley I'd either visit as a human,a swimmeror a rainbow face.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Me personally if I were to visit the valley I'd have to be a longneck, flyer, or human. I set human as last simply because they wouldn't know what a human was, and it would just be easier to fit in as a fellow dinosaur.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
i'm would visit the valley as swimmer threehorn or human, B)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm.  I don't know.  No more video games.  Even if I did have a generator to power my Xbox 360, if it were to give me the RRoD , there would be a 65 million year waiting period.  Then again, LBT meets Xbox Live would be funny. :D   No more Bioshock, no more Halo, no more Ace Combat.  No more internet, no more computer.  No more school, no more taxes (hey, there's a plus!  :P: ).  No need to worry about money!  All the nature you can stand!  All I'd need would be the basic Boy Scout supplies like one of those everlasting flashlights, pocket knife, flint and steel, knife sharpener, possibly a mess kit so I don't have to eat with my hands...  I learned how to build a shelter out of branches and leaves in Boy Scouts, assuming I couldn't find a cave.  Food would be a problem.  The plants back then weren't like the plants today.  We don't know what is edible to humans and what is not.  I would have to bring along a book of wilderness survival tips.  Then again, I would miss my family and friends.  I don't know about living there permenantly, but I might enjoy spending my summer and vacations in the Great Valley :DD !

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does seem that swimmers and threehorns are coming up pretty often.   :yes  

I guess many like the idea of maybe being one of those types if they were to visit.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I would want to be a human in that time and place. I know a human's strengths and limitations. I cannot say that the same is true for the other species, but I will try (at least from what is present in the series...)

Sauropod: Big, unwieldy creature that needs great amounts of food and water just to stay alive. I imagine that the majority of my waking hours would be spent eating and drinking water. Not exactly the kind of life for me... there's more to a good life than consumption...

Triceratops: Probably the most attractive quadrupedal option. They needed to eat a lot I am sure, but not nearly as much as the Sauropods. There might be violence issues though, if the hypothesis that these creatures were aggressive proves correct.

Pterosaur: Flight would be great, but the creatures would probably be too delicate and small to be of much use in most endeavors. And the larger ones might be too awkward...

Hadrosaur/Anatosaur ("swimmers): Probably the best bipedal option...they were adapted for swimming, but I don't know if they were well-designed for long treks over land. Ducky, for example, often rides on Spike's back... her feet were best designed for swimming, not walking, I suppose... these creatures would have to spend much time in/near water or on marshy terrain.

Theropod: Mostly banned in the valley, must eat meat to survive, and even if young ones can be tolerated, they will grow up...

Stegosaurus: Large and dumb. Not a good option.

Oviraptor: Good at sprinting, but unless I want to take flight at every danger, it isn't really the best option.

So if I could go back in time and go to the fictional place of the Great Valley, I would choose to stay a human.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would want to be a threehorn :yes.  I've always been obsessed over threehorns.  They're attractive, actually more tranquil than some popular media portrays them as, can run much faster than originally thought, and can really put up a fight against the fiercest sharpteeth.  If I could learn how to swim as a threehorn, I'd be in heaven :^.^:.