The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Insane Cafe 2: Rise of the Shurlups

Nick22 · 2097 · 102399

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"make yourselves comfortable" Nick said, from where he was seated at a nearby fire. His left arm was in a sling, He had not escaped the battle without a wound. "And don't complain. Things coulkd be far worse. We could be dead, for starters..."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Skitter nods, "Things aren't to bad right now." He said from where he was as he walked over to where Ducky and Petrie were and sat down.  The three of them looked back at the cafe where they had been.  

"Are you sure that, whatever it is, won't come out here after people?" Ducky asked still standing and not sure if they should relax or not yet.  She sighed at the idea.

"Petrie hope not." Petrie said, not liking the idea at all and shaking his head.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The human looked back at the cafe for a few moments, and then turned and slid down off of the raptor.

Talon, however, seemed rather glad.  "That was fun!" he replied as he sat down next to Petrie, Ducky, and Skitter.  "You guys do this often?"

The human rolled his eyes and sat down across the campfire from Nick.  He checked himself to find his pant legs have had a few tears from the monster encounter within the building.  "And we planned this vacation to stay OUT of trouble..." he said with annoyance in his voice.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"this is the insane cafe you're talking about . If crazy things DON"t happen, its a letdown" Nick said. "I've worked there and over the past year became a co-owner, with Aves here." He nodded to the fox, who was staringly silently intio the flame, as if deep in thought.. Mike andsome of the other waiters were passing around cups of cocoa and  some small snacks.
_ Stripetail walked around the camp, tendiing to injuries, and checking to see how folks were faring. He was currebntly looking at Ali, and in particular her tail. Between the mithril and the Shurlups, her tail was cut up really bad.
_
'you've got a lot of cuts here Ali" He said matter of factly. "You need to take it easy for awhile".
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Weird things happening normal, sound weird.  If you way it ok." Petrie said, not sure about weird being normal but if the folks here were ok with it then he thought that was ok for them.

Ducky held her hands in a certain way, Petrie did the same and they both said, "Power down." and switched back to their normal form.  

"Should we not try to put the fire out and make sure those things are delt with?" Ducky said as she looked back at the cafe.  Then she heard the comment about Ali's tail and walked over to her.  "I know some things about plants that help wounds, but not as much as Mim or Mr. Thicknose.  It is to bad one of them is not here, it is."

"We help." Petrie said who was standing next to Ducky.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
" Stripetail gave the two small dinos a good looking over. "Very well. "You ,and Skitter" He nodded at the Tinysaur "will be my assistants. I tell you put a little bit of this or that on the wounds. you do exactly as  I say. I must advise you in the beginning, to be patient.Mithril wounds do not heal easily, nor do Shurlup wounds. There is no instant cure for them. we must let nature do its work. hich will take some time" Stripetail said, as he reached inside his robes and produced a small pawful of vials. 'These my young friends are what we will use. "A few drops on the wounds should begin each creatures's natural healing process. Most likekly, it will sting, if you have ever gotten something inside a cut before, you know how it can sting.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky, Petrie, & Skitter nod.  Ducky and Petrie accepted a vial, holding it carefully in their hands, Skitter carried one on either his back or in his mouth, whichever would make more sense.

"Ok we will help.  Is there one you wish us to help first?" Ducky asked as she looked at Stripetail then at the wounded folks present.  "I do hope this will help them, I do." Ducky said.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Start with your friend Ali here' he said. looking at the wounds in her tail, several of which were deep. "Do not put any of the vials contents into the deep wounds until I have closed them a little first."
Ali tensed as her friends came closer with the vials. "Is this going to hurt?' "yes, but it will help you get better, so grit and bear it.." Stripetail replied.
_
 Dixie got up from her resting place, next to Scooby and Shaggy and went over to help. "Is there anything I can do, Stripetail?' She asked. " Her side was feeling better although it stung a bit when she turned. But she was ignoring it, there were others worse off than her, inluding this longneck.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky nods to what Stripetail said then looked at Ali, "It may, but it will help you to get better, yes it will." She said, "Are you ready?" Ducky asked, ready to use the contents as directed on Ali's wounds & hoping they did help as they were suppose to.   Petrie & Skitter stood nearby to help also.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ali grit her teeth as the potion stung and fizzed.  Stripetail handed a few more potiondsd to Dixie  who started pourinf a few drops into wounds that weren't already fizzing. each drop sent fresh spasms of pain through Ali's body. It was difficult not to feel for the longneck, but this had to be done...
Dixie then took the potions and went over to Scooby Shaggy lilo and the others. the potions stung as she poured a few drops on cuts and bruises, but soon it was over. none of them were hurt as bad as Ali was. after everyone was tended to, she returbned the remaining potions to stripetail.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky and Petrie continued to work on Ali's cuts as Stripetail and instructed.  Skitter did what he could with having no hands but using his forelegs, tail and mouth to also work on Ali's wounds that he could reach.

"I wish this was causing you any pain Ali, I do." Ducky said while she was working on her wounds with concern in her voice.

"Petrie wish too." He said, also with concern that what he was doing, though suppose to help Ali was causing her some pain.

Ducky continued with her work, "Here beyond the mysterious beyond is as dangerous and stranger then the mysterious beyond." Ducky said remembering what the rainbowfaces they encountered after Littlefoot had seen what he called a stone of cold fire.

"Not as many sharpteeth." Petrie said.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Talon and the human watched as the others are being treated for injuries, before meeting each other at the campfire to converse.

"Interesting that these guys are taking this fighting thing longer than I expect them to," Talon said in contemplation.  "Think we should help them out with this...shurlup problem?"

"Probably," the human replied.  "We fell into this when we wanted to or not.  And I for one never back away from something we started.  It's a good thing I brought my gear with me just in case, too."

"Good!  This vacation would've been dull without a good fight!"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We'll need everyone here to piych in" Nani said as she passed around blankets. "those things are horrid, and we need to get rid of them. " "For sure" Lilo nodded. "they're worse than Ganbtu on his worst day. We need all the aliens, dogs, magic squirells anf humabns to fight together against those things!' She said firmly. KLilo was a brave little girl, and used to weird things happening, after all she had 5-6 aliens living with her at any given time.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Anybody have any ideas of the best way to get rid of them?" Ducky asked.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Well, we all know they die when they're killed," the human replied, "but the real problem is that there are too many of them to destroy at once.  Who here knows about these things the best?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
At this comment, several pairs of eyes turned to the wizard. Stripetail sighed. "I guess that would be me then.Shurlups, like the ones we fought, are wild. they are territorial, and they now consider the cafe, as their territory. As the number of injured shows, they are tough fighters with very sharp claws, and teeth. They can be killed, although it is not easy and they can multiply rapidly. Female Shurlups can produxce litters of ten to 15 pups, and can produce 2, 3 or even 4 litters in a year. do the math thats 40-60 pups by one female in a year. the males do most of the hunting and food gathering, the females care for the pups. Most lilkely, we have been fighting males up to this point. females are smaller in size, and are slightly lighter in color. they also have a weapon the male lacks , which is poison. a female Shurlup bite can parlyze a victim within a few minutes, and death follows within hours if the person cannot get treatment for it. " stripetail said. "hopefully the cafe does not become a breeding ground for them. If it does, the difficulty of our mission will increase dramatically.  as it is, we will need time for the injured among us to heal. "
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"How long till everyone is ok, and someone will have to think of a plan, yes they will." Ducky said with concern on her face and in her voice.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Most of our injuries should be better in a days time. those more seriously injured will take longer" Stripetail replied. "A few of us should stay behind to care for them."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
"So these things breed like rabid rabbits," the human inquired.

"I like rabbits!" Talon exclaimed.

The human rolled his eyes, and then continued.  "This means that the females will be more dangerous if we have to face the shurlups up close.  We could probably take out the males first while they are there now, but number of injured now dampens our chance of success.  Also, if we wait too long, the females will arrive and their numbers will increase dramatically...unless we have something powerful enough to take them all out at one time.  Any one have any ideas?"

"I think so," Talon replied, "but do you think the cafe has enough steak sauce for the BBQ across the street?"

The human stares towards the audience, his face showing great annoyance towards his partner's comment.  "Now I know how that lab mouse in Animaniacs feels..."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Sounds like it may prove to be a hard fight, it does." Ducky said nodding as she looked back towards the cafe, "but it is something that must be done." She said.

Petrie nodded in agreement.  Skitter looked to see if any others needed any help he could provide and Snoopy did much the same, ignoring their injuries to try to help others.