The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time

dinorawr · 966 · 53778

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Be careful." Littlefoot said.  And he looked at Racnar, "Give it a try.  Have you seen anyone catch a fish before?" He asked.

Mim nodded while looking at Cayso, "if you are sure then we should head back.  Racnar may be getting hungry or soon well.  How about you Ruby?" Mim asked looking over at Ruby.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Cayso nodded to Mim - "If Ruby agrees, then we can go now. If Racnar get hungry, I really hope this Valley has crawlers and fishes delicious enough, because having to eat this many types of leaves will not be very pleasant." - He takes a look to the Fast-runner - "By the way Ruby, thanks for helping me carrying the leaves."

Racnar looked back to Littlefoot - "Well, I have seen some grownups catching fishes, I also saw Cayso doing it. I tried it once, with no much success... now I can really try to make a catch." - He said while grinning, and jumped into the water, holding his breathe as he began diving.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Ecco jumped in by himself now. He dove and tried to catch a fish he saw. But the fish could escape his hands. Hmm, more difficult like the last time he thought. He carefully watched Racnar doing his job. He tried to stand close to him that he could help if Racnar gets in any problems.

Ruby nodded. Sure,.. after all it¥s your brother. You should know when it¥s enough. And I am always glad to help, she said.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Racnar began following a small group of fishes, as he tried to swim a little bit faster he was able to catch a fish with his right hand, he stopped swimming to secure it with the claws on his left hand. After doing this, he went to the surface to breathe - "Wow! I got one!" - He said happily while showing the fish to the ones in the land. He can swim well, but since he is not a Swimmer he cannot hold his breath as much as Ecco can.

"And I'll be always be grateful, with both of you." - Cayso replied to Ruby as he began walking back to the smoking mountain.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim nodded walking with Cayso, "Let's go and see what mischief they have gotten themselves into." She said while smiling.  

Littlefoot smiled, "You did great, caught one all by yourself." He said praising what Racnar had done.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Good job Racnar, Ecco said. Now it¥s my turn. Ecco dove again and followed a group of fishes as well. Then he swam in a circle around the fishes. The fishes couldn¥t escape now and formed something like a small tower. From one to the other moment he swam straight through the tower of fishes, his left and his right hand open to catch some. He got a fish with his left and with his right hand. After that he came up and laid them down on land. Do you think that is enough, or do you prefer more? Maybe you want to try it by your own a second time?

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail smiled.
"Great job Racnar! Good catch!"

Cyrix stepped over to Racnar and asked, "Would you like to swim some more and try to catch another fish, or would you like to rest for a while?"

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
All of the comments made Racnar to blush, he gave the fish he caught to Ecco and walked into the water again. - "Ehh, well... I'd like to... try and... catch another fish, just in case Cayso is hungry too." - After that he went under water, even more blushed as he didn't told the others that fish was really his very first catch.

Racnar began chasing the same group of fishes again, and tried to do what Ecco did without much success - "Then I'll have to do it the classic way" - He thought and went after those fishes like he would do with any prey on the land: he swimed as best as he could and grabbed a fish with his jaws. After that he went to the surface to breathe again.

Cayso took a look at Mim after her last comment and smiled - "I really hope they are not doing any mischief, hehehe."

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
And again, great job, Ecco said. I noticed you tried to use the technique I do. Well, it could be kinda difficult for someone who isn¥t a swimmer. You have to swim fast, that the fishes have no chance to escape. But maybe you¥ll manage to do it one day, he said and smiled.

I am sure they won¥t, Ruby said. There are, well... there is just one grown-up, Cyrix. But I am sure they won¥t do anything dangerous.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim nods, "We'll see when we get there.  I wonder if they stayed where we left them or if they went a short distance somewhere else."

Littlefoot watched from the bank with the others.  "He's doing well so far." He said smiling a bit.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Cayso looked at Mim and replied - "If they left the smoking mountain, they may have went to a river to catch fishes, Racnar prefers those to crawlers." - he then sighed and continued. - "... My brother is not really a danger-addict, but he still likes to try new things, I try to not worry too much whenever he does that."

Racnar gave a deep breathe and began diving once more and thought of catching one more fish, but his body will not allow him to do that - "darn!" - he thought, he just stayed there for a second watching how the fishes swim. The kid smiled nevertheless and went to the surface, and out of the water - "That should be enough, any of you want a fish?." - he shook off the water and sat down to begin eating one of the fishes.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot pretended to think about it for a moment, "Nah, I'm a bit full from my earlier meal.  Thanks for the offer.  Maybe your brother will want some when he gets here." He said.  

"Then sounds like it's time to head to where the others are." Mim said smiling.  She walked a bit then thought aloud, "I wonder if they have gotten hungry yet or not."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail smiled.
"I think I'd like one...I haven't had fish before. It sounds like fun."

Cyrix sat down and replied, "No I am not hungry at the moment. But thank you anyway Racnar."

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Racnar gave a fish to Longtail, those were of a good size, specially the ones captured by Ecco. - "I hope you'll like it Longtail." - He kept a fish separated for Cayso, and as he kept on eating he was taking a close look at Longtail, without making anything that could make it noticeable.

Cayso asked to both Ruby and mim with curiosity while they were walking - "If the others left the smoking mountain... any idea of where exactly they may have went?, this valley is big and I know too few of it... just the places my friends live."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim thought for a moment, "They may have gone to play somewhere, or catch some fish, or play in some water."  Mim said.  She then looked at Ruby, "What do you think?  Maybe you also know of the likest places, though I'd guess they've not have gone to far."  

Littlefoot sat down to rest for a bit.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree with that, Ruby said and sniffed in the air. And I can smell fish. So I think they went to a river to eat something.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Fishes are very tasty, if my herd could find a nice river or lake it would make things much more easier for us." - Cayso commented as he, Ruby and Mim go towards the river the others are.

Racnar was happily munching the fish he has in his hand, it can almost give the impression he hasn't eat for days, still, he keeps an eye open for his surroundings... he feels safe, but the great valley is too big for a sharptooth like him, with no idea if there is unfriendly dinosaurs nearby.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim nods, "They can be tastey indeed.  Lets head over there."  She thinks about what Cayso has said.  before saying anything further.  "There may be lakes and rivers outside the Great Valley.  Not sure if any sharpteeth or fastbiters live near them."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail looked at the fish for a moment wondering how he would eat it as this was his first. He eventually sighed and picked the fish up in his beak and shook his head to see how the fish felt. Longtail then bit down and hard on the fish, but only cracked a few scales and chipped a tooth...but luckily he didn't feel it.

Cyrix watched with interest as his nephew tried eating his fish as well wondering how he'd like it.
"Is it good Longtail?" he asked with a hint of laughter in his voice.

Longtail could only nod his head and smiled even though he had yet to get at the meat under the scales.