The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time

dinorawr · 966 · 50749

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Racnar smiled as he saw Longtail trying to figure out a way to eat the fish - "I may have a suggestion..." - he said to the Flyer. - "...you may use one of your claws to cut the fish's belly, from the head to the tail and split it up, that way you'll reach the meat faster." - Racnar's showed his fish to Longtail so he could see the cut.

Cayso looked at Mim and replied while walking - "I once volunteered to join a scouting party to look for new hunting places and we found a little lake, with one barely seen underground river, we tried to reach it but we were attacked by a group of sailback sharpteeth... that was almost a disaster." - the kid sighed. - "But there is no reason we shouldn't keep on trying I guess."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim nodded, "There may be some friendly sharpteeth out there." She said to him.  She remembered some rumors she had heard that a certain young swimmer knew some friendly sharpteeth, but didn't say since she could not be sure if any of the rumors could be true since she had heard differing rumours that had some conflicting bits about them.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Friendly sharpteeth? that would be nice, we need some allies out there." - Cayso replied to Mim. - "Somehow I cannot lie to you: There are days that huntings go bad and we can have nothing to eat for days, and since my herd is so close to this place I am afraid they'll want to try to come here; but we always have groups looking for new hunting places and allies, so we can find a place to live in peace. And to make honour to our vow to not slaughter the dinosaurs that live in here."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"There are some rumors there are some." Mim said.  

Littlefoot looked at Longtail, "How do you like it?" He asked.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail noticed how the fish had been cut, and took it out of his mouth and took his left claw and tried to cut the fish, and although it took several tries he finally got the fish open and he smiled a bit as he said, "I finally got it! Wow that was harder than I thought...why are fish so hard to cut?"
Then after hearing Littlefoots question Longtail took a bite of the meat and after a few moments he whistled.
"Now that's good!"

Cyrix could only smile and stifle a laugh at his nephew as he watched him cut and bite into the fish.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
"I once heard that all rumor always have something of true, maybe my herd will have the luck to find those friendly sharpteeth." - Cayso smiled and nodded, he then gave a little bite to one of the leafs he was carrying, just for curiosity, to see how it taste - "YUCK!, how can you eat so many of these thingies?" - he asked as he took out his tongue.

Racnar smiled as well - "When you get the practice it will get very easy to do." - he finished eating the fish, and went to the river to wash his hands before reutrning and sitting down again.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Ecco was hungry as well now, as he saw all of them eating. I never tried before, but it would interest me how fish tastes like. Hmm... would you hand me a fish over, Ecco asked to Racnar. I just would like to do a little bite, out of curiosity.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
OCC: Look in the A Live saving journey thread.  :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim shrugged, "It does seem for some reason, some can only eat green food, some only meat and some can eat both.  I've often wondered why, how it came to be, if it was once different, and other things." She said.  

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Cayso looked and Mim - "I once heard that if there are no sharpteeth, then there would be too many flatteeth, they'll eat all leaves and they'll eventually die..." - he thinks for a second before continuing - "... I don't know, maybe things were different in the distant past, maybe I should stop and think more about things like that... like my brother often do."

Racnar looked at Ecco with much curiosity, since he is a Swimmer - "Sure" - the kid replied and handled the fish to Ecco - "Are your claws sharp enough to open the fish?".

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I am not sure, I can try. Ecco doesn¥t really have claws, so it was hard to try. He tried to cut the teeth with his teeth, but it didn¥t work. Maybe, you could be a helping hand for me, with the cut? He asked Scarface.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim nods, "If you want.  And if your brother things about those sorts of things he sounds like an interesting person.  Some of my family and I like to get together and debate some of those things."

"Maybe you can use a sharp rock or stick if one is around.  Sharpteeth claws are sharper then ours usually are.  " Littlefoot said looking around to see if he saw any rock that looked sharp or a sharp stick.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Cayso replied to what Mim said - "That would be interesting to see, but I don't know if all of your family is as open-minded as you are. No idea how they'd feel around sharpteeth, because I wouldn't let my brother alone if I don't know the people he is with."
---
Racnar nodded to Littlefoot's idea, he stood up as he saw a rock that may be of help - "Littlefoot is right Ecco, try using this to cut the fish just like I said to Longtail." - He sat down again watching with much curioisty if Ecoo would like the fish or not.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ecco studied the stone in his hand. He wasn¥t sure how to use it so he first sat down for a moment and thought a bit. After hitting the fish a few times with the stone he almost gave up. But then he thought, there has to be a way. So he examined the fish for some soft areas. He found one and made with a sharp end of the stone Racnar gave to him, a cut into the fish. He opened the fish completly now and took some meet of the inside in his hand. After some sniffing he took a little bite. Well.... that tastes... interesting. It¥s not disgusting or anything like that. I think I could eat it easily if I need it to survive.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Even though that is meat, it has a very different taste from Leafeaters, maybe that's why you can eat it." - Racnar said - "... nice you don't dislike it, it can give you an opportunity to survive, as you said." - The kid then flopped on his back and began looking at the clouds as they cross the sky.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot look curiously, "How do you like it? Did you find a new snack or food to eat?" He asked Ecco.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Seriously?...Yes, I think so, he said a smiled. Oh, look, over there. The others are coming with the leaves.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Racnar sat up after hearing Ecco - "From where?" - He asked looking around until he saw in the direction Ecco was pointing, smiling as he could see them now - "It is good to see they are back, but I am not excited about the ammount the leaves they are carrying".

Cayso was still sniffing the different leaves he was carrying, so it would be easier for him to recognize them in the future, he then asked - "Mim, Ruby, do any of you have any idea of where can be the others?, I am busy sniffing the leaves so I will not be able to sniff for Racnar or Ecco."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"They may have gone off to a nearby place to play." Mim said.  "Or perhaps to a place that has some fish so Racnar could catch some to eat." She looked around a bit then pointed in a direction, "There is water that has fish not far in that direction.  Quite a bit of fish in places around in the Great Valley."  She then turned to Ruby, "What do you think?" She asked her.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I think that would be a good place to look at, Ruby said. Let's try it there.

Hello! Ecco shouted and waved to Ruby, Mim and Cayso. Seems like they are to far away to hear us yet, he said.