The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Dragon Tales

Stitch · 13 · 1787

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever watched this tv series.

For those of you who have never heard of it, the series centers on two kids (Max and Emmy), and their dragon friends Ord, Cassie, Zak and Wheezie's aventures in Dragon Land.

The series was created by Sesame Workshop, and has actually won several Annie and Parent Choice awards, and has been nominated 3 or 4 times for an Emmy.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Oh yeah.  I used to watch that show quite often.  On my quest to watch all the shows I used to watch as a child I did watch it one day on the "on demand" section.  To be honest, I didn't like it very much.  Humans and dragons are not a good match in my opinion.  I won't be watching that show again.  I'm afraid I outgrew it long ago.

Although on that quest, I did find that I still enjoyed "little bear" and "franklin".  Not enough to warrant me choosing to watch those shows over others, but I must say that was a wonderful trip down memory lane.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I used to watch this show too. I disliked it when i first saw it and I've never liked it yet, however every morning when i used to not have cable it was the only cartoon on and i eventually had a habit of watching it. But that habit died after about a month or so. :(

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
To be honest, the show is sort of......odd.  The spanish speaking ketzel dragon person is particularly peculiar.  Things such as mountains, flowers, and waterfalls with faces are commonplace.  It really is a childrens show.  There's no denying it.  This show is not designed for anyone over the age of 3 or 4.  It shares a stage with tellitubbies when it comes to the appropriate age when someone is supposed to watch a show.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I use to watch it, but I lost interest over a while.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I actually got to watch the entire series, even when they got a new character added to the mix, Enrique, a human kid about Emmy's age from Columbia.  It didn't entice me that much, but it was the only thing on at the time that I actually had interest in.  As LBTlover said, it's definitely made for a younger audience.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Some of the characters in there, including the new kid, came across as not being bilingual but instead knowing only what around here locally where I live is called Splanglish.  This is someone who seems to be bilingual, but really isn't.  They know some Spanish and some English, but does not know either language fully.  All of the bilingual folks I know tend to speak fully Spanish or English, not the Spanglish that certain characters speak on the show.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I loved this when I was little. I stopped watching it YEARS ago, so I havn't seen Enrique

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I just found something a little interesting. Did you know that Sesame Workshop actually commissioned a full-scale field test to determine whether the show was achieving its intended goals? The report is a bit on the technical side, but it got it's point across. Here's the link:

Dragon Tales report

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thread bump

Apparently, the show has stopped all broadcasts in the US.  From what I heard, PBS declined to renew the broadcast license from Sony, so the show is off the airwaves.

This could be a good thing if a paid network ever had their eyes on the show and could obtain broadcast rights.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
To bad.  I like watching the show now and then, at least the seasons before that Hispanic character was introduced who only seems to know what is here called mextex.  There are always the old episodes one can enjoy of the show.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It really was a good show to watch for children.  Now it's dead like so many other decent shows that were out there when I was a kid.  It's replaced by whatever fermented shit some idiot decided was better because it's a good way to make a quick buck without having to put much thought or effort into it.  Old things have to die sometime and I'm in total support of that, but they shouldn't be replaced by garbage. :(

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hopefully it'll show up on some cable channel.  Though with so many focusing on just new stuff all the more reason to buy, or otherwise get, stuff you use to like so you can watch it when you want.