The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sleep and Remember II

F-14 Ace · 531 · 32700

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga stood up next to Strafe and shook his head, panting, "No.  This is our special night.  Let's enjoy it together."
He began to walk toward the open meadow and turned his head.
"Coming?" he called happily as he bounded away across the meadow.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Strafe ran after Kaga and the two played in the moonlit meadow together.  Strafe leaned her head on Kaga's shoulder as the walked along.  She loved him so much.
"Now let's find a place where we'll build the nest when the time comes." she said to her new mate.

-----------------------------------------------

Snork sat alone outside the tree hideout, looking up at the stars.  Mim and Longtain were somewhere around but he wasn't sure where.  He, Longtail, and Mim seemed to be the only ones with no current plans to start a family.  He already knew what Strafe and Kaga were up to and he figured that Dante and Hunter were out for the same reason.  Snork sighed and looked at the shadow of the mountains that towered into the starry sky.  He wondered if his friends would still have time for fun when they were taking care of children also.  Still, he figured that Strafe would make a good mother.  

--------------------------------------------------

Darin wandered through the dark forest at the far end of the valley.  The rumbling of the waterfall could be heard nearby.  However, Darin did not care about that.  He was unsure of his next move.  Surely Snork would want nothing to do with him.  Snork was happy here from what Darin had heard and it didn't seem right to show himself and ruin hi son's happiness.  Snork deserved it after what he had to endure for so many years.  Darin sighed and said to himself, "What am I doing here?  He won't want to see me."
He paced back and forth in a forest clearing and said aloud, "I'm wasting my time! I'm such a fool for coming here!"

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
He paced back and forth in a forest clearing and said aloud, "I'm wasting my time! I'm such a fool for coming here!"
"And why is that?" came a female voice from in the air.  
A longneck emerged from the forest into the clearing and looked down at Darin.  She was green in color and had blue eyes.  
When Darin looked up at her, she asked, "Not to intrude, but I'm just curious as to why it was foolish to come here."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaga stood atop a small knoll with Strafe at his side.  The two of them gazed out across the valley and Kaga remarked, "It's so beautiful here, especially since I have the prettiest girl in the whole valley right here with me.  I think I see a good spot where we can live right by those rocks."

The iguanodon motioned with his head toward some rock formations and added, "Let's go take a look."

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail caught the scent again and as he opened his eyes he could see it had gotten really late, but the smell was irritating, so he figured the others wouldn't miss him, so he rose out of the water and shook himself dry and followed his nose into the forest, and after several minutes of slow moving he finally found the source of the scent, but he noticed one thing right away:
"It looks like...Snork...but older and there's someone else too. I'm checking this out."

He then took several steps out of the bushes and cleared his throat when he was close enough to Darin and the longneck as he asked, "Excuse me...who are you two?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante smiled at Hunter as he followed her.
"Somehow, I doubt there'll be much sleeping going on tonight, my love..."
He teased...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter giggled slightly as she neared a cave she thought would make an excellent nest. She stopped just before entering and looked to Dante and sighed as she licked him across his cheek with a blush on her face. "Then I suppose the less sleep we get, the happier we'll be right my love?"

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Darin was a bit surprised by the the newcomer but he said to the longneck flatly, "Well, if you must know, I'm looking for my son.  I feel that it is a waste of time because I'm the last dinosaur he would want to see.  I think I should just leave because he would only get upset if he saw me.  I never showed any love for him and I'm only here because someone I met suggested I come here and make up.  Well, there is also someone else I need to apologize to, assuming that they made it here too."  
He was about to leave when Longtail showed up.  
Darin surveyed Longtail and said, "You must be one of the locals here.  I'm Darin and I don't really plan on staying for long.  There is just some business I need to take care of."

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
The longneck said to Darin, "Well that's a pity.  You should be thankful to have a son."

When Longtail arrived, the longneck said, "My name is Shona.  I'm new here.  My mate died in the big earthshake and my children were taken from me by fastbiters.  Who might you be?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaga looked at the nesting site and saw a small stream among the rocks.
"This looks like a nice place indeed."
He took a drink and lied down in the grass.  Strafe joined him and Kaga laid an arm over her shoulder and pulled himself closer to her.
"It's been a long day.  I think we should sleep now."
With that, Kaga closed his eyes with his arm still wrapped around his mate.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail frowned as he looked at the two newcomers. He then cleared his throat and said, "Hello Darin and Shona, my name is Longtail, and I'm sure you can guess why. I've only been here a few bright circles myself. But maybe if I knew who you were looking for Darin i could help you find them."

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Darin said to Longtail, "His name is Snork.  You don't know him do you?"

----------------------------------------------------------------

Strafe felt Kaga put his arm around her.  She nuzzled Kaga and closed her eyes.  It had been a very tiring day and there was nothing like curling up next to the one she loved.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(ooc: Is anyone still where Littlefoot & Cera are or have the various folks left to to their own thing.  I've sorta lost track.)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(Occ: I've moved on to night time so I assume Littlefoot and Cera have gone home now.)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail felt his stomach grow cold. He shivered for a moment before he took a step backwards. He wasn't sure now if Darin was someone Snork would know, or if he was a threat...but he was never one to turn down someone who needed help so he sighed.
"Yes...I know him. I can take you to where he's sleeping if you'd like."
He then looked to Shona.
"Are you looking for a place to stay?"

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Shona shook her head and replied, "No thanks.  I'm fine.  Thank you for the offer though."

"Good luck to you, Darin.  I hope you make things right with your son." she said as she turned and departed.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Darin shook his head and said to Longtail, "I don't know...  I haven't decided what to do.  I need to think about it some more.  I'm probably the last person he wants to see here."

Daerin sat down and said, "Snork is my son.  I... I did something that I now regret.  I just don't know if I can face him now."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail was still feeling very unsure of this, but he turned to Shonoa as she departed and said, "Good bye...have a safe journey!" He then turned to Darin.
"I...don't know what you want to do, but...if you decide to visit him...I-I'll be glad to lead you to him, but I won't get involved in whatever happens." said Longtail with a grim facial expression.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Darin shook his head and said, "Thanks, but I'm not ready to see him yet.  I..." he sighed and said, "I need to be alone for a bit."

This wasn't going to be easy.  He did not know how he was going to face Snork after what he had done to him.  From what Darin had heard, Snork was happy and he didn't want to ruin that.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante smiled.
"You know it, my mate.  Shall we?"
He asked, a flirtatious smile on his face...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail nodded his head in response and sat down.
"Just let me know...when you're ready." he said as he yawned and laid his head down to try and get some sleep.

~~~~

Hunter smiled as caught the smile on Dante's face. She stepped ahead of him and wrapped her tail around his head coaxing him to follow her.