The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Now HERE is a download service!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
http://dl.nin.com/theslip/signup

I'm only downloading for music tests and encoder tests.  I don't care for their music at all, but if people are serious about a death knell for cds, this is what they have to do.  Not for free of course, but let the public choose what they want. :) :)

SolarThreehorn

• Chomper
    • View Profile
WOW :wow  this is the greatest music i ever heard, I love nine inch nails
Thanks for the link Petrie
*Downloading Album Right Now*

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if cd's will fully die, but I can see their sales dropping a lot as more and more folks are able to and prefer downloading song by song instead of having to buy a whole cd.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
The only people who will buy music nowadays are the old people who don't know how to download it and the people who feel morally obligated to pay for their songs.  It's just too easy to get music for free now, even if it is illegal.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Then I guess I'm an old coot.  :lol:  :rolleyes:  There's a quality issue online for orchestral soundtracks, that's why I'm still for the disc and not the file.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
There's a quality issue online for orchestral soundtracks, that's why I'm still for the disc and not the file.
As soon as you get into downloading music, quality will suffer compared to a physical copy.  That's exactly why I prefer discs as well. B)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Jun 6 2008 on  02:19 PM
There's a quality issue online for orchestral soundtracks, that's why I'm still for the disc and not the file.
As soon as you get into downloading music, quality will suffer compared to a physical copy.  That's exactly why I prefer discs as well. B)
I heard that is why some prefer records, they claim records sound better then cd's.  I don't know personally.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
And not available on vinyl. ;)  New vinyl releases seem to only happen with classic rock artists and classical music.

A download service with compressed files makes sense if you're not really picky about what is being downloaded, and if the music itself is easy to encode.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
& if you just want certain songs, but not all the songs.  Or want the album but don't want to covert the cd to mp3 yourself.