The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Father's Day

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Okay, father's day is coming. What are you doing for him?

As for me, I'll basically get him a card and gift. :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't really like my father, if my brothers are going to make something for him, I won't participate.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think I'll give my old man some fishing stuff! That always makes him happy!  :^.^:
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Father's day? I never heard of it before. Does such celebration really exists? :huh:

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yep yep yep! It does, it does!  :yes

Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It is celebrated in some countries but not all countries.  I'm not sure which ones do and which ones do not.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
There is something like a fathers' day over here, but it is a "celebration" of ill reputation usually resulting in hordes of men (few of them fathers) getting senselessly drunk and then marauding wherever they are. This year's results of the fathers' day have led to testy newspaper remarks that perhaps it ought to be the one day in the year in which fathers ought to do their job as fathers rather than pretending that they were well behaved for the rest of the year to vent off on this particular day. Such newspaper remarks are unjust towards the majority of responsible fathers over here of course.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
In our country fathersday is celebrated everywhere. Even grownups will show their father how much they love him, if they do of course. On primary school you get told that it will be fathers day and with the whole class you are going to make thesame thing. That can be many things, like a drawing, something made of wood, something of iron, etc. Make him a nice breakfast and do things for him the whole day.

I never did much for it, only for mothers day... I don't really like him.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
i'm affraid i can't do anything cuz my father is dead, :cry2

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Owww.. I didn't know that Kjeld, I'm sorry for you...

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: kjeldo,Jun 5 2008 on  10:05 AM
Oh, I'm sorry about that  :(

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I am sorry too Kjeldo, but you may still remember him and the things he taught you.

Mumbling, I know I am nobody to tell you this, but you may still learn things from your father, even if that means to learn the things you must not do, so the mistakes will not be repeated.

I'll see what can I do for my father, I may let him live another year, lol joking :lol . I'll try to get him or to make something nice for him. But I know him and I know he'll enjoy the fact that will be all together.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: kjeldo,Jun 5 2008 on  01:05 PM
One of my best friends is in the same boat...it will be the first Father's Day without him. :(

I still don't know what I'll do for mine.  Probably end up with a gift card at a sporting goods store since he's big into golf.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry to hear from those who won't be having Father's Day with their fathers...

I already have a funny musical card for him, but I'm not sure what else to do to add to that.  I thought I could head over to his end of the world to spend some time together, but he'll have to head out soon to pick up one of my sisters from yet another part of the country.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
i'm affraid i can't do anything cuz my father is dead

That's too bad to hear, Kjeldo.  My regards to ya :cry.

I never did much for it, only for mothers day... I don't really like him.

That makes two of us, Mumbling.

ingster

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://ingster.deviantart.com/
most likely i wont get anything for him........i just dont have the money to get anything worthwhile, or anything at that matter

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
We don't have neither father's of mother's day here. (Sigh) :(

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Geez!  I go and make a duplicate topic of this because I thought NO ONE would put it up nearly 2 weeks in advance. :)

Guess I'll have to tell a mod to close it. -_-

Anyways, I want to say something to those that have a father they don't like. (Possibly even hate.) If you are thinking of turning them down and getting them nothing or not helping them out or anything, you really shouldn't.  No matter how much you may despise him for whatever reason, the love for the man that helped to bring you into this world still exists.  This is the reason Father's Day exists, to show your love to the man that helped bring you into this world.  Show him kindness on the day that matters most.  You'll be surprised at how good you feel in the end when you do something nice for someone you hate. :)

To those that have a father which has passed away, I'm terribly sorry to hear this.  However, you can still do something about it all.  You can do something to remember him by.  I know a guy in who lost his dad and every Father's Day he goes and does something to remember his father by.  I'm not sure what he'll do this year, but we'll see.  You can do this too.  Make a picture of some kind, a video, do something for him that he wanted to do but never achieved before his life ran out, etc.  Whatever your mind can think up that is within good intentions goes.  Even dead, you can still show you love them. :)

Now, what will I do?  We'll see. :)

Well, see ya later! :^.^:

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
We got my dad a Pedegg. I swear, his feet REALLY need it  :wow ! So callused it's gross! I might use it a little so I don't get the same problem  :rolleyes:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've heard of those!  Throughout the entire commercial I was trying to figure what they were calling it because it was pronounced strangely.  I don't know if anyone in my family needs it, but I never stare at their bare feet...