The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I've got a HACKER! Help Please!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've got a hacker but I can't seem to get rid of the guy.  He's given me a ton of viruses, worms, torjans, etc that my Avira AntiVir Personal can't seem to get rid of.

I want to get rid of these problems quickly and kick the jerk off my computer.

So, what do you guys say?  Help me out here!

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
That's no good to hear!  :o
Beats me, but I'm sure austin knows how to tackle the problem!
I hope you get rid of this soon.
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've seen it John, your msn gives links too(in which we can get thesame viruses).

I'd reccoment downloading another virus scanner try scanning the whole computer, heal what can be healed. And ifsome don't go away try setting the computer back in time(that's what i always do)

Anyway. I'm not an expert, you can better wait for someone more proffesional to come by.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, this is sad.  I got the biggest problem last night.  I was just looking for some sort of Street Fighter 2 Animated Movie Torrent on Google and clicked the first option and got this monster of a problem. (So everyone check that out and at least make a pernament mental note of the site, okay? (Or better yet, block it.))

A total of 71 problems thus far. (Includes spyware, trojans and worms.)

Ugh!  It's problems like these that make the good hackers out there (ie LBTlover) look bad.

If I can't get rid of this guy, I'm taking it in to the professionals.  At least the $1500 I paid for this PC gave me FREE Repairs.  So I can be glad that I don't have to pay a cent if it comes to that. :)

Downside of doing that is that I won't be on for a few days. (Except if I use my Laptop that has crappy Vista on it. (Which reminds me that I need to go through the process of removing it.  Does anyone know where I can buy a copy of Windows XP?)) So if it comes to that, I'll be less active for a bit. :(

Here's hoping I can get rid of him and move on with life. -_-

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I can't offer much help, but have you tried a stealth firewall like Zonealarm, it's free for individuals to use.  Not sure if the would help much, besides the way you can deny certain programs permission from accessing the net & stealth firewalls make it look like you're not online, from what I understand, if someone is looking for your pc.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I updated my Spyware Finder to Ad-Aware 2008 Free Version.  It found the main spyware causing the problem.  Apparently, it was looking for passwords to Internet Explorer, my e-mail and other things.  That spyware is dead now. :) (Not to mention 39 others.  Killed them too! :^.^:)

Now to kill those torjans and worms. -_-

Oh, and the hacker, not sure if I've gotten him yet, but we'll see.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
pokeplayer984, i'll advice you to disconnect your computer from the Net for some time, and ask a professionals for help. If there is really a hacker, who have an access to your computer, that requires immediate and serious arrangements.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Never mind, overreaction here.  No hacker. :)

All problems solved!  My computer is well again. :^.^:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It is good to hear, so everything is back to working as it should?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
What I would (still) do is get a free trial of Kaspersky anti virus and run that.  You may have not gotten rid of anything, and that program will tell you if things are running that shouldn't be.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Pokeplayer, I've gotta be honest.  You've had so many computer problems.  Give it up!  Wipe it and you won't have another problem for about a year.  With windows, there's no way to get it back to normal once it's screwed up.  You can make it better, but honestly this is just stupid.  If you have a webcam, I can walk you through.  I'm sure your laptop has a webcam.  I'll walk you through the process of what to do.  It'll take a couple of hours at least, but I'm willing to offer you assistance.  I'll upload a copy of xp pro or home (whichever one you have) to my server and you can download and burn it.  Then when you install it, you can just enter the key that came with your computer.  Please PM me to continue this conversation.

EDIT:  on second thought, meet me on MSN.  I'll be on all day.  My status will be set to busy, but I really won't be.  We don't have to do this now, but I at least want to plan this.  Trust me, you'll be a lot happier when we do this.  I'll help you with backup and wiping.  I'll also help you get XP on your laptop.  None of this is as hard as you think.  Of course, I might just think that because I've done it a hundred times.  I can get your PC running faster than anything in the world. :^.^:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Depends on how much stuff he has to save first will determine if that's worthwhile for him.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm helping him back up his compute and fomat it.

(as you can see, one of the keys on my compute is boken.  I'll have to fix it late) :(

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile