The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Server Down

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Sorry guys, but my server will be down for at least 12 hours.  There's a VERY big storm happening and I don't want to risk electrical shock.  It's not plugged into an emergency backup generator.  We rarely get storms here so I haven't even thought to hook it up to one.  Sorry about this, but I'm not ruining my server to keep it up in a storm.  I can't use any of my computers now. :( I'm seriously bored.  I can still use the laptop until the electricity goes off.  Then my wireless network will be off. -_-

EDIT:  See the inuyasha picture that says "upload files to my server!" is gone from my sig?  That's intentional.  It's hosted on my server so when it goes down, the picture disappears.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay.. I think we can handle those 12 hours or longer. I hope everything turns out well :).
We don't often have storms here either..

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
a storm zapping a computer is a bad thing.  I hope things go well and nothing gets damaged.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Forgot to tell everyone that it's back up.  I'm sure you've figured it out by now though.  I've put the server on a battery backup so it probably won't go down because of electricity shortage again.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As long as you are sure it is protected from getting zapped.