The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Batman:The Dark Knight

jedi472 · 17 · 1642

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey guys. Just wonderig what ou all thought of the BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR! As yo can probably tell, I loved it and believe it is one of those masterpieces that keep getting rarer and rarer these days.

So what did you think of it?

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I saw it at the midnight showing the day it was released. I was forced to sit in the very front seat, but I don't care. It was totally worth it! The critics predict that the movie will break Titanic's record of $601 million very soon.

My favorite part of the movie:

"I will make this pencil disappear"

Easily THE ALL TIME BEST comic book villain on screen.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yep, it's getting the Best Picture Oscar for sure!  :D

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
You don't know how badly I want to see this film. All my mates have said it was the best film ever (the first time ever they all agreed on something). I really want to see this movie!

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
It looks interesting, from what I see of it. I'd certainly go see it, if I had any free time when the theatres are open.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
I saw it earlier and loved it.  Heath ledger's Joker was amazing.  It's a shame they'll have to replace ledger if they do more movies because I can't think of anyone else who could play the part like that.  It almost seemed like Joker got more screen time than Batman.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
It was an excellent movie. I've seen it twice. Fair warning, though, its a disturbing movie with a lot of scary stuff in it (which is only appropriate, considering who the villain is). And yes, Ledger gave his best performance up to date. You couldn't even tell it was Ledger as the Joker. He was just the Joker.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
That's what a fantastic actor is supposed to be. Not themselves, but the character they are trying to portray.

I saw this movie and to be honest I thought I wouldn't like this. I usually don't like too many of these super hero films. Ghost Rider and this film however were the only films I REALLY liked.

The Joker is my favorite character in this film. Ledger was FANTASTIC as the joker.

I really like these quotes here:

"Why so serious?"
"Let's put a smile on that face!"
"To them you're just a freak....like me!"

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I¥m thinking about seing it too, it must be good.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It is an excellent film, and Ledger deserves an oscar for his performance as the Joker. He's distrurbing, yet glamorous, in the sublime way that evil is glamorous. Evil disturbs us, disgusts us, and yet we cannot look away. Ledger's Joker is a terrorist, simply put, but one who is able to entrap and force his victims to make horrible choices.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Quote from: General Grievous,Aug 14 2008 on  02:20 AM
It's a shame they'll have to replace ledger if they do more movies because I can't think of anyone else who could play the part like that.
I saw it the day it premiered in theaters, but as I was leaving with my brother, and my two other friends, we were all commenting on how if they ever did make another Batman movie...they (being Hollywood) would NOT be able to find anyone to even MATCH Heath Ledger for a LOOOOOONNNNNGGGG time to come.

But overall it was a fantastic movie and I'm buying it the day it comes out in stores.

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
As long as there's a Dark Knight thread, I feel I must provide links to the two videos EVERYONE must watch after they've seen the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsaFO3B_GhM&fmt=18

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Grrrr!!! I still haven't seen it! I have to get around to doing that...